PDA

View Full Version : Did COLE Hulls

NautiTwins
03-29-2006, 11:32 AM
Just dominate in the drag racing arena. Most of the hulls that I have seen in two picture threads in V-Drives, shows mainly COLE Hulls? Just curious as to why these hulls were so popular and fast.
Thanks in advance.

Cole Man II
03-29-2006, 11:40 AM
I can't think of any one manufacturer that ever dominated drag racing, at least not for long.
I think Cole was simply a very popular boat builder, I sure like my boat.

Cole Man II
03-29-2006, 12:03 PM
Nauti,
Are you contemplating getting involved in boat racing?
Cole Man.

NautiTwins
03-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Nauti,
Are you contemplating getting involved in boat racing?
Cole Man.
I have been contemplating alot of things. Right now I am just looking around! Thanks

Fiat48
03-29-2006, 12:25 PM
In the early 80's I would have to say Cole did dominate the flats. Then Wayne Mettler's Canyons started dominating the unblown classes. Of course Wayne was not satisifed with that and he had some heavy hitters in the blown classes as well. I can tell you this. Wayne Mettler wanted your boat to work the best it could and was at every race to help you make it that way. And he is still that way today.

Cole Man II
03-29-2006, 12:42 PM
I think it is safe to say that the fastest flat bottom on the market today is still the Canyon. They built a nice, nice flat.

flattie440
03-29-2006, 05:54 PM
i hope everyone knows that a caynon, a cole tr2 , dimarco are all HONDO'S there is nothing different about them..so the people that are going around saying that the cole's are the best or the caynon's or whatever are all crazy...we can all thank Irv brendel (spelling) he is the one who created the hondo's and everyone else coppied him!!

ColeTR2
03-29-2006, 06:40 PM
Has anyone heard anything about Jim Cole lately.

BIG TIME
03-29-2006, 06:41 PM
i hope everyone knows that a caynon, a cole tr2 , dimarco are all HONDO'S there is nothing different about them..so the people that are going around saying that the cole's are the best or the caynon's or whatever are all crazy...we can all thank Irv brendel (spelling) he is the one who created the hondo's and everyone else coppied him!!
hmmmm....heres goes some controversy. :)

ColeTR2
03-29-2006, 06:57 PM
TR1 was a copy of a Hondo 511

77charger
03-29-2006, 07:00 PM
shane that might be true to an extent but canyons are a dimarco hull and not exactly same bottom slight changes in rocker compared to the hondos.But overall yes they were splashed from the hondos.That is why the canyons seem to go faster than the hondos or coles with the same power.I know the hondos are easy to drive though hell you even know compared to that old cole you guys had.
:boxed:

Fiat48
03-29-2006, 07:01 PM
Its real obvious that you have not driven many different flat bottoms. However I will agree that they are of the same basic design. Who was a splash off of who...has always been a controversy. One learns there are boats and then there are fast boats.....even out of the same mold.
It isn't a "turn em upside down and they all look the same."

Morg
03-29-2006, 07:03 PM
I'm pretty sure some subtle bottom changes & setup's have changed things a little.

Fiat48
03-29-2006, 07:06 PM
TR1 was a copy of a Hondo 511
Not hardly.

LUVNLIFE
03-29-2006, 07:13 PM
Has anyone heard anything about Jim Cole lately.
Here we go. :rollside: Doesn't this belong in Sandbar :argue: :)

flattie440
03-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Its real obvious that you have not driven many different flat bottoms. However I will agree that they are of the same basic design. Who was a splash off of who...has always been a controversy. One learns there are boats and then there are fast boats.....even out of the same mold.
well so far in my short career in boat racing i gave drivin a cole tr2, a caynon a hondo and tr4 so i got a little expereince :rollside: not as much as i would like though... all the boats are the same untill you start messing with bottems and that is what makes them hall ASS..the fact that people are trying to say that the designs are different :mad: call up mettler and ask him, he'll tell you the same thing

Morg
03-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Before this gets out of hand lets take a step back & realize we are saying the same thing.
Yes they are all runners bottoms with primarily the same design. But when you get down to it they all have subtle differences that will make them handle entirely different.

Cole Man II
03-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Well I dont know about the rest of you guys, but I have spoke to Mettler. He is the one that took the hook out of the bottom of my Cole, and because it is a differant design he said that my boat would run better, but will never run like a Canyon. He said if that was my goal, I would be better off selling it and finding a used Canyon.

Cole Man II
03-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Hay Morg.

Morg
03-29-2006, 07:40 PM
Hey Buddy,
I also know another "racer" who was told by Metler to quit screwing around with his runner & have him build a Canyon that he would garantee 10 mph on the top end. Then turn & walk away in true Mettler fasion

jwboat905
03-29-2006, 07:41 PM
whats up craig sell that motor yet

Cole Man II
03-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Yes, the motor sold. Should have the new one back togeather some time this summer.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/1564bottom_3-med.JPG

Fiat48
03-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Id have to agree with him. The Canyon or Tr-2 design or whatever you want to call it is going to trap more air than a Tr-1.
And Morg he did not give me 10 mph as promised on my first pass. It was only 7 mph. Then he adjusted the plate to get the boat free. LOL

jwboat905
03-29-2006, 07:46 PM
didnt know that mettler did your bottom too, did he do it at the same time as the cop(brother)

Morg
03-29-2006, 07:46 PM
I still say you should have started to pull the motor & act like you were giving it back. -But I know after one pass you were not even going to play around with Wayne

Cole Man II
03-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Fiat48 & Morgy,
I assume with the snow forcast for friday we will not see you guys at CFW on Saturday.
Cole Man.

Fiat48
I hope you do get back in the water this summer. You know where there is help if you need it.
ps: Have 427 in back shop.....soon to be sold for storage against it. :D

PLASTIC MAN
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/26052_new_cole_007_2_.jpg I have been contemplating alot of things. Right now I am just looking around! Thanks
ITS STILL FOR SALE!!!!!!!! BRAND NEW TR4! $8500.00

Morg
03-29-2006, 07:50 PM
I hope you do get back in the water this summer. You know where there is help if you need it.
ps: Have 427 in back shop.....soon to be sold for storage against it. :D
I'll be over on my way to work in the morning, You up at 5??

Cole Man II
03-29-2006, 07:52 PM
Fiat48,
Thanks for the offer, and as for the 427 let me know if the guy flakes, I will give you a case of beer for it.
JWBoat,
Yes, Wayne did the two boats the same weekend in 2002.
Plastic Man,
That is a nice looking boat, good luck finding a new home for it.

Cole Man II
03-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Morg,
I thought that motor was in the boat already. Chop, Chop baby.
Let me know when you guys plan to run and I will plan a trip over the hill.

Fiat48
03-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Not looking good for that offer Seems I got an instant email. LOL>
I do have a loaner 460 that went 100 in my tr-1. Seriously.

FLYTE RISK
03-29-2006, 08:00 PM
Well Fiat with that being said , your Tr1 looks an awful lot like Monkey Bungs old boat which was a 1971 1/2 hondo 3/8 runner bottom. I am personally in agreement that most were a splash off a hondo or a splash of a splash of a splash.. My understanding is that Mettler took some rocker out of the Canyon mold which was a Dimarco to get the ass up a bit.. No disrespect just my 02. based on what I have heard and I can tell you my canyon looks more like a Dimarco than my old Hondo.. :rollside:

Fiat48
03-29-2006, 08:03 PM
I could very well be wrong on that. I believe I have mixed up the 511s. My 511 was a 511T. Which may have been an XH series. Which was totally different. And I also heard that the Canyon was a splash off a dimarco but I never could get Mettler to say it. But then there were so many storys back in the 80s.

Cole Man II
03-29-2006, 08:03 PM
Fiat48,
Seriously, Thank you, but my short block should be here in around two weeks and as I can afford it she will be put back togeather. It will go fast.

Cole Man II
03-29-2006, 08:06 PM
Flyte Risk,
I was bummed when I thought you were done with boats. Congrats on the Canyon. Do you have photos.
Cole Man.

jwboat905
03-29-2006, 08:08 PM
to bad you didnt get the new motor 2 years ago than you might have had a chance against my hydro J/k.....we had bad water

PGF500
03-29-2006, 08:10 PM
A person smart with set up can make just about anything run well! I've seen Cole's in the early 80's run very well with a 1/3 the hp of today. I've also seen mid 80's Cole's haul ass today. Alot of Canyons run well, I believe because Wayne stuck with a set up that always worked. His first boats he built run just as well has his last boats he built. (PGF146 and PGF505, a 86' and a 99') But saying they are all the same, I don't really think so. I guess you'd have to try to put each hull in a hondo mold to really know???
As for popularity, drag boat racing was awesome in the 70's and early 80's, thanks mostly in part to Cocain sales. Lots of people either wanted to race or go river racing. Cole had a decent name thus he was build a ton of boats.

ColeTR2
03-29-2006, 08:14 PM
I have seen early 511 that the plates run to the outside like a TR1. When I had my TR1 an old time racer that lived in the valley near Coles Shop and ran many Cole's said ( You know that your TR1 is a Splash of a Hondo 511 ) So that's all i'm going by.

FLYTE RISK
03-29-2006, 08:14 PM
Flyte Risk,
I was bummed when I thought you were done with boats. Congrats on the Canyon. Do you have photos.
Cole Man.
Cole man how are you? No no photos unless you have a hot boat mag from 1992, But I can tell you this boat, as with my Hondo, is an all gel coat boat with about 12 different colors, predominatly pink and white hence the new name ( IN THE PINK ). It is currently at Felkins shop having some work done. :boxed:

FLYTE RISK
03-29-2006, 08:16 PM
A person smart with set up can make just about anything run well! I've seen Cole's in the early 80's run very well with a 1/3 the hp of today. I've also seen mid 80's Cole's haul ass today. Alot of Canyons run well, I believe because Wayne stuck with a set up that always worked. His first boats he built run just as well has his last boats he built. (PGF146 and PGF505, a 86' and a 99') But saying they are all the same, I don't really think so. I guess you'd have to try to put each hull in a hondo mold to really know???
As for popularity, drag boat racing was awesome in the 70's and early 80's, thanks mostly in part to Cocain sales. Lots of people either wanted to race or go river racing. Cole had a decent name thus he was build a ton of boats.
Didn't Carter Reed build them after 1990?

Cole Man II
03-29-2006, 08:18 PM
Flyte Risk,
Sounds like a wild boat, I look forward to seeing it and you back out at the lake.

BIG TIME
03-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Cole man how are you? No no photos unless you have a hot boat mag from 1992, But I can tell you this boat, as with my Hondo, is an all gel coat boat with about 12 different colors, predominatly pink and white hence the new name ( IN THE PINK ). It is currently at Felkins shop having some work done. :boxed:
and the trailer is in byron...waiting for powdercoating.... :)

Fiat48
03-29-2006, 08:25 PM
I have seen early 511 that the plates run to the outside like a TR1. When I had my TR1 an old time racer that lived in the valley near Coles Shop and ran many Cole's said ( You know that your TR1 is a Splash of a Hondo 511 ) So that's all i'm going by.
My 511 had about 7/8" runners. Plates did not run to the ends of the boat. It was a 1976. But like I said....may very well have been an XH series. I never saw a Hondo that looked like a tr-1 but no doubt you guys have.

Cole Man II
03-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Fiat48,
some guy once told me, you can always tell a racer, but you can't tell him much.

Morg
03-29-2006, 08:34 PM
Wait a minute, I retract all of my previous posts stating they are all different..... All runner are exactly the same.
None of them will run in the sloppy sloppy's turn on a dime & do it all over again.
He He he...... :) :)

Cole Man II
03-29-2006, 08:35 PM
JWboat,
Do you have any plans on getting another lake boat?
Cole Man

Cole Man II
03-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Morgy,
I am very sorry. There are no retractions on Hot Boat. Very sorry.

Morg
03-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Your going to need a bigger turn fin :rolleyes: :rollside:

Cole Man II
03-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Or a bigger gas tank, he he he.

Jetboatguru
03-29-2006, 10:06 PM
I wish I could explain why the Canyon is a quicker setting and better ET boat. I have driven Coles, Hondos, Howards, Makos, Kurtis', Bitz, Canyon and Dimarcos. The TR2 seemed to be a good mph boat and great all around race boat. The Hondo was a quick setting boat similar to the Canyon. The Canyon hands down, set quicker than all of them. The only boat that compared the way the Canyon leaves is the Bitz (The Abyss) Brad Simons who owned the boat before Keith Rhodes bought it did extensive bottom work on it and then it went to Kevin Felkins (at Canyon) who re worked it again. Granted it had Steve Schmidt power in it but the boat left like a rocket and set Quick. The 146 Flat Nasty, set in an instant and was gone NOW! (Another Canyon) I think the only way to see if you can get a Cole to run the same kind of E.Ts is to build a 420lb Pro Gas boat and drop a stout Olds or Pontiac in it and see what she can do. The setup may be different than the Canyon or Mako or whatever. Dan Aaseths Mako "Liquid Fever" ran 7.20s back in 1993 so the Mako runs well too.
Rick Jackson who ran Flatzilla (Cole) set every mph record imaginable. But the ET was not all that great. His second boat which Johnny Heideman runs (Nightmare) runs the same kind of mph but is lacking in ET as well. Don Ermshars mako ran 6.47 at 166 and Don Jones Colet ran 6.42 at 168 in Bakersfield. So my answer to all of this is I have no freaking idea. Carry on!!
Bottom
Props and gears
Driver
Engine

Fiat48
03-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Where the Hell is Brodie when you need him? :D :D

NautiTwins
03-30-2006, 08:40 AM
I wish I could explain why the Canyon is a quicker setting and better ET boat. I have driven Coles, Hondos, Howards, Makos, Kurtis', Bitz, Canyon and Dimarcos. The TR2 seemed to be a good mph boat and great all around race boat. The Hondo was a quick setting boat similar to the Canyon. The Canyon hands down, set quicker than all of them. The only boat that compared the way the Canyon leaves is the Bitz (The Abyss) Brad Simons who owned the boat before Keith Rhodes bought it did extensive bottom work on it and then it went to Kevin Felkins (at Canyon) who re worked it again. Granted it had Steve Schmidt power in it but the boat left like a rocket and set Quick. The 146 Flat Nasty, set in an instant and was gone NOW! (Another Canyon) I think the only way to see if you can get a Cole to run the same kind of E.Ts is to build a 420lb Pro Gas boat and drop a stout Olds or Pontiac in it and see what she can do. The setup may be different than the Canyon or Mako or whatever. Dan Aaseths Mako "Liquid Fever" ran 7.20s back in 1993 so the Mako runs well too.
Rick Jackson who ran Flatzilla (Cole) set every mph record imaginable. But the ET was not all that great. His second boat which Johnny Heideman runs (Nightmare) runs the same kind of mph but is lacking in ET as well. Don Ermshars mako ran 6.47 at 166 and Don Jones Colet ran 6.42 at 168 in Bakersfield. So my answer to all of this is I have no freaking idea. Carry on!!
Bottom
Props and gears
Driver
Engine
So if you were to pick one all around race/river boat what would be your pick. It seems that you have driven all of the different hulls out there. It would need to be fast enough to run brackets but still be able to turn.

Jetboatguru
03-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Holy cow, now you want to turn?
If you want to turn and go fast it would have to be a B Boat!

Cole Man II
03-30-2006, 11:11 AM
Nauti,
B-boat. If you want to turn-fast this would be the way to go. Not so good for a drag race, but that is the sacrifice. B-boats also run very well on rough water, something to think about if your lake is always crowded.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10365Davis_Nordlin2.jpg

NautiTwins
03-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Holy cow, now you want to turn?
If you want to turn and go fast it would have to be a B Boat!
Thanks Guru. Just one more question, why was COLE CASH so fast? Just the proper set up?? And when I say turn, I just mean that it will make a 25-30 mph turn on the Colorado River. It is about 50 yeards across. I dont need it turn like a b-boat around a bouy. Though that does sound like fun, but they are really ugly boats, in my opinon. There is just something about them that I do not like. Mayeb the arrow on the bow.

Morg
03-30-2006, 12:10 PM
Nauti,
B-boat. If you want to turn-fast this would be the way to go. Not so good for a drag race, but that is the sacrifice. B-boats also run very well on rough water, something to think about if your lake is always crowded.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10365Davis_Nordlin2.jpg
Not good for drag race, Your killing me cheif.
OK I'll be nice, But I have not seen a runner blue by me durring a lake race.

Morg
03-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Thanks Guru. Just one more question, why was COLE CASH so fast? Just the proper set up?? And when I say turn, I just mean that it will make a 25-30 mph turn on the Colorado River. It is about 50 yeards across. I dont need it turn like a b-boat around a bouy. Though that does sound like fun, but they are really ugly boats, in my opinon. There is just something about them that I do not like. Mayeb the arrow on the bow.
Oweee, straight to the heart.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/545Picture_052.jpg
The shape has grown on me

Jetboatguru
03-30-2006, 12:19 PM
The reason Cole Cash was so quick and fast is because of the bottom on it. Jim Lange did the bottom years ago and it remains in good shape still today. When I had it I ran a 533 Chevy on the bottle and I ran an 18 gear with a Forged propeller. The boat is light and it left violently hard. I don't know who got the boat after Preacher had it but it is a great river boat! It made the turn arounds in Parker with ease. I would have the floors re flowed and run that boat to death on the river and lakes. Preacher won a lot of races with that boat.
Ease up on the ugly comments please! :)

NautiTwins
03-30-2006, 12:27 PM
The reason Cole Cash was so quick and fast is because of the bottom on it. Jim Lange did the bottom years ago and it remains in good shape still today. When I had it I ran a 533 Chevy on the bottle and I ran an 18 gear with a Forged propeller. The boat is light and it left violently hard. I don't know who got the boat after Preacher had it but it is a great river boat! It made the turn arounds in Parker with ease. I would have the floors re flowed and run that boat to death on the river and lakes. Preacher won a lot of races with that boat.
Ease up on the ugly comments please! :)
I should have left the ugly part out. Maybe they will grow on me. Hell if it runs hard who cares what it looks like.
Thanks for the heads up on COLE CASH. I am trying to find a good all around hull and for some reason the TR-2 seems like it fits the bill. Good river boat or add a lot of power and go racing.

NautiTwins
03-30-2006, 12:30 PM
Oweee, straight to the heart.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/545Picture_052.jpg
The shape has grown on me
OK Morg, thanks for disproving my previous comment. I still dont dig the deck but like I said before, maybe it will grow on me. The ass end is kind of cool and I dig the colors.

Jetboatguru
03-30-2006, 12:47 PM
If you are contemplating buying Cole Cash I would say buy it. That is a great all purpose boat.

NautiTwins
03-30-2006, 12:59 PM
If you are contemplating buying Cole Cash I would say buy it. That is a great all purpose boat.
The only way I would buy a boat with that much power is if someone would come to the river and show me how to properly drive it. I grew up skiing behind a Kurtis v-drive, but have been driving a jet for the last 6 years. I guess when I finally pull the tigger I am going to have to hit up one of the v-drive regattas to watch and learn all over again. Thanks for all your guys help!

Jetboatguru
03-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Go buy that boat and then show up to the Parker Circle races in April. I will go out and teach you the best I can.

NautiTwins
03-30-2006, 01:07 PM
Go buy that boat and then show up to the Parker Circle races in April. I will go out and teach you the best I can.
Thank you for the offer. I was going to wait till June to make my decision. There are two different boats I am looking at. One is close by the other is in the middle of the country, sitting with out a motor. What would think a fair price would be for a 78 TR-2 hull. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to a newbie. It just goes to show what boating is all about, helping others.

Jetboatguru
03-30-2006, 01:16 PM
For a 78 TR2 I would say that $6500- $8500 would be a fair price depending on the condition. This would be minus motor. Put up pics or give me details on the other boats you are looking at and I will see if I have any info on them.

O.B eddie
03-30-2006, 02:46 PM
For a 78 TR2 I would say that $6500- $8500 would be a fair price depending on the condition. This would be minus motor. Put up pics or give me details on the other boats you are looking at and I will see if I have any info on them.
Anthony, could one find it in his heart to teach me to drive a fast boat? Than one may acquire another SWINGER to add to the evergrowing collection, your response is genuinely appreciated.
Thank you :boxed: :boxed: :)
HEE "F"IN Haww fur da lesson :boxed:

Morg
03-30-2006, 02:48 PM
Anthony, could one find it in his heart to teach me to drive a fast boat? Than one may acquire another SWINGER to add to the evergrowing collection, your response is genuinely appreciated.
Now thats just sad.

ssmike
03-30-2006, 02:55 PM
I should have left the ugly part out. Maybe they will grow on me.
that is funny to me....I am the exact opposite. I think the shape of the b boat is way better looking than a tr-2,3,4,6,8,9, and 14

Sangerboy
03-30-2006, 04:18 PM
that is funny to me....I am the exact opposite. I think the shape of the b boat is way better looking than a tr-2,3,4,6,8,9, and 14
I have to go with the Brodester on this. Snagers are by far the prettiest boats. I do concede that the Canyon is way faster though :)

Jetboatguru
03-30-2006, 04:24 PM
You have already fallen in the long line of followers that went the Canyon route. I don't think you are able to be saved in the driving department. You better keep Pinckney in the boat if you want to get to the stripe first.
Heeeeee HAWWWW for the substitute driver!! :p

O.B eddie
03-30-2006, 07:04 PM
You have already fallen in the long line of followers that went the Canyon route. I don't think you are able to be saved in the driving department. You better keep Pinckney in the boat if you want to get to the stripe first.
Heeeeee HAWWWW for the substitute driver!! :p
Anthony one can only wonder what a pinkey is, A finger on a hand or the hand which fed you?? I am saved, as is 77 charger, thanx gurrruuuuuppie magnet, as I am sure all will follow suit... HA HA HEE HAW :cry: :idea: :rollside: :boxed:

Jetboatguru
03-30-2006, 07:48 PM
Anthony one can only wonder what a pinkey is, A finger on a hand or the hand which fed you?? I am saved, as is 77 charger, thanx gurrruuuuuppie magnet, as I am sure all will follow suit... HA HA HEE HAW :cry: :idea: :rollside: :boxed:
OB eddie you have been slippin,
All your doinkin and wild flippin
You follow the leader like a great big putz
then you latch on to any and all Canyon owners nutz
I saw the boat which makes you rave
Come on Eddie,
isn't your real name ..............................................Larr y :p

Marty Gras
03-30-2006, 08:11 PM
Tony, do you remember an old Hondo ski flat called "Middle Aged Crazy"? Glen Robertson? We think it ran pretty good, 'for a skiboat'. It was just a 460" Chevy in a 7/8", but it did run 8.0's at 129/130MPH.

O.B eddie
03-31-2006, 07:03 AM
OB eddie you have been slippin,
All your doinkin and wild flippin
You follow the leader like a great big putz
then you latch on to any and all Canyon owners nutz
I saw the boat which makes you rave
Come on Eddie,
isn't your real name ..............................................Larr y :p
HA HA HA how funny you are
did you make that up you drag boat star
You started with an outboard, and through your progression
You are now in the buisness of driving lessons,
So heres the first lesson it must go like this,
one must move the seat forward for my legs dont fit
One does not want to argue nor even fight
but with the seat in this location, it cant accomodate my height,
to be continued----------------------- :rollside: Hee Haww

Jetboatguru
03-31-2006, 10:29 AM
HA HA HA how funny you are
did you make that up you drag boat star
You started with an outboard, and through your progression
You are now in the buisness of driving lessons,
So heres the first lesson it must go like this,
one must move the seat forward for my legs dont fit
One does not want to argue nor even fight
but with the seat in this location, it cant accomodate my height,
to be continued----------------------- :rollside: Hee Haww
MY my my how soon you forget
you once came to me
to help that turd take a set
You begged and you sniveled
to lend you advice
But you ran out of talent
sorry no dice
Buying a Canyon wont better your game
You need to regroup
your skills are just lame
Come back real soon when you piss standing up
this game is for big dogs
not just a pup
Heeeee Hawww for the stunt double behind the wheel!!!

BIGCHRIS
03-31-2006, 07:47 PM
you once came to me
to lend you advice
sorry no dice
You need to regroup
not just a pup
Tony ,U can do it all :)The poetry is great

O.B eddie
04-01-2006, 08:36 AM
you once came to me
to lend you advice
sorry no dice
You need to regroup
not just a pup
Your memory as your stature,
have again fallen short
I know your getting older,
but get over it sport,
I've never begged nor sniveled ,
what the heck are you thinkin
your memory is tainted ,
stay away from the drinkin
They say the memory is first
and than goes the sight,
explains why you never see green,
You only see the RED LIGHT! :rollside:

ERV JR
08-03-2006, 02:40 PM
My Dad ,tony Ervolina Ran Comp Flat And Progas Flat In The 80's
With The Fasination Boat 584 And Dago Red Boat 584,the Fasination
Was A Cole Tr2 Which Ran Well But Wont Take A Set Near As Well As The Canyon,dago Read, After Some Time He Moved The Motor Forward
And Which Helped The Cole Take A Better Set And It Ran Well, As Far As The Canyon Wayne Work With Him On The Lay Up And He Him Self Was Really Into Making It Work Well, Hey That Boat Had The Record And At The Time When He Quit It Hadnt Been Touched And Was
Retired. Just My 2 Cents But Both Boats Worked Well Just Depending On The Setup, But Hands Down The Cayon Was Faster

g935
08-03-2006, 10:08 PM
What's the difference between the TR-4 and the TR-2 etc. I think that I saw a thread on this a while back but I don't remember.
Geoff