PDA

View Full Version : any info on crane fireball hi-6 ignition vs msd

502procharger
06-18-2002, 07:34 PM
if anyone has any input on the crane fireball hi-6 marine ignition i would love to hear about it. i need to purchase a new ignition system and was about to buy a complete msd ( dist. , coil , wires, ignition) but i started to read about the crane and now i do not know what the hell to do. as always,any info is great.

cruser
06-25-2002, 09:41 PM
Had mine for about 3 years. works great. When I bought it, I chose it over msd because of digital design (more high tech). Better rev limiter, does not rely on inaccurate resistor to set limit. MSD does have more options for accessories though. If you are looking for boost retard etc, that's probably easier with msd.

NordicHeat
06-26-2002, 10:35 AM
Hey PC502,
Me again. I've been running the Crane HI-6M for just over a year and it works flawlessly. Any curve (from Merc) you want and it works fine with the TB distributor.
However, I am going to have to sell mine in the Fall because it won't work with my new SpeedPro ECM. I will have to use the standard HI-6 with points trigger.
Later,
Dave
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif

502procharger
06-26-2002, 10:58 AM
let me know when you are ready to sell it, and what you are looking to get out of it.

NordicHeat
06-28-2002, 06:02 AM
Hey 502PC,
it will be in the Fall, probably end of Sept if you can wait that long.
Probably $150 or so. I think it was $240 new???
Let me know if you can wait that long.
Dave
You can email me offline at gilbreat@littongcs.com