PDA

View Full Version : Patio covers????

THOR
03-11-2004, 09:10 AM
I am thinking of losing my lattice cover now and going with a solid patio cover dealio.
Does anyone here do that? I would like to be able to have a bar and TV outside on the patio for the summer nights.
thanks in advance
THOR

welk2party
03-11-2004, 09:40 AM
I would go with a non - wood type. Like alumawood or something. I live in HB. Do not want to maintenance wood by the beach.
My dad has one in Vegas with solid and slatted. Looks good, just like wood. He paid like 1800.

THOR
03-11-2004, 09:49 AM
Who does alumawood down here?

Pointerman
03-11-2004, 10:09 AM
My neighbor has one of the retractable shades. It is awesome. Has a little wind sensor on it and automatically retracts if the wind gets going too fast. Very nice. You can have shade when you want it and full sun when you want that.

al cole'holic
03-11-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by THOR
I am thinking of losing my lattice cover now and going with a solid patio cover dealio.
Does anyone here do that? I would like to be able to have a bar and TV outside on the patio for the summer nights.
thanks in advance
THOR
My buddy and I have done a few weekend jobs in the HB area, he is a carpenter for the BH school district and I like to get out on the weekends! If you are interested in entertaining a bid from him for this I would be happy to put you in contact. This is exactly what we are doing at my house. Right now I have an open patio cover much like yours. We will be sheeting the entire patio and maybe run shingles to match the house. The hard part in my case will be the fact that half of my patio cover is laid with Trex for a deck that comes off the master.

THOR
03-11-2004, 04:14 PM
check your pm

LaveyJet
03-11-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by al cole'holic
Right now I have an open patio cover much like yours. We will be sheeting the entire patio and maybe run shingles to match the house.
Putting on my engineer hat, Make sure the existing members are strong enough to handle the increased load. Shingles may be ok, but tiles get heavy.