PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom teeth Yanked out..

GrapeApe
03-11-2004, 01:47 PM
Does anyone have any advice to help them clot up quick, and what did you eat afterwards... Mine where pulled 2 hours ago, and still are bleeding a bit... I need to get better in 4 hours.. I have a Limo and VIP Playboy Party to attend this evening..
*** Grape Ape ***

Dribble
03-11-2004, 01:48 PM
How about if I just go in your place:D

Scream
03-11-2004, 01:50 PM
Joey's BBQ, Riverside Drive in Chino Flats

spectratoad
03-11-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by GrapeApe
I need to get better in 4 hours.. I have a Limo and VIP Playboy Party to attend this evening..
*** Grape Ape ***
I should feel bad for you because??????:confused: :D :D Probably just girgle with some cold water to constrict the vessels and take your gauze and roll up put a pinch between your cheek and gum and hold the pressure. I don't remember mine bleeding that much. DON'T take any aspirin. Thins the blood.

Screaming Pete
03-11-2004, 01:59 PM
Does anyone have any advice to help them clot up quick, and what did you eat afterwards... Mine where pulled 2 hours ago, and still are bleeding a bit... I need to get better in 4 hours.. I have a Limo and VIP Playboy Party to attend this evening..
*** Grape Ape ***
The way I see it if your having a problem now you can't Go to the party, Let me know where to meet the limo here in sd and I'll cover for you and give Heff your best and do what ever needs to be done with the Playmates.:cool:

GrapeApe
03-11-2004, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by spectratoad
I should feel bad for you because??????:confused: :D :D Probably just girgle with some cold water to constrict the vessels and take your gauze and roll up put a pinch between your cheek and gum and hold the pressure. I don't remember mine bleeding that much. DON'T take any aspirin. Thins the blood. [/QUOTE
thanks for the Tip spectrarod.. the gauze s working better.. I just had to change it more... I think I will go to KFC and get some masged potatoes...:)
*** Grape Ape ***

blown428fe
03-11-2004, 02:12 PM
I dont know about 4 hours bro, 4-days later my head swelled up like a ****ing basketball and thats no shit! Everybody is diffrent though, Goodluck.

Kachina26
03-11-2004, 02:13 PM
Egg salad sandwiches, easy to make, easy to eat. The ladies might not like the after effects though. Seriousy though that's all I ate after I had all 4 pulled.

GrapeApe
03-11-2004, 02:26 PM
So far swelling isnt bad at all.. Th bleeding has stopped, and I just ate some Applesauce, and Yogurt.... Time to rest, and put some ice on my face, and I hope all is well.. Playmates here I come.. Chipmunk looking and all..
*** Grape Ape ***

78Eliminator
03-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Just don't create any kind of vacum in your mouth (don't use a straw). It will clot up soon enough. Gargle warm salt water. One thing is for sure, no chicks are going to be making out with you tonight with your blood breath!

Scream
03-11-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
One thing is for sure, no chicks are going to be making out with you tonight with your blood breath!
Zackly...your breath smell zackly like your butt.

Kachina26
03-11-2004, 02:57 PM
And just hope you don't get dry socket. That's a pain like no other!

Jordy
03-11-2004, 03:00 PM
I know when I had mine yanked I got boxes of tea from the grocery store, flavors like cinamon, and put them in. The tea is supposed to do something to help the clotting and the flavor helps cover up the nasty blood taste. :D

riverbound
03-11-2004, 04:21 PM
When I had all four of mine pulled (they were all impacted) I did not eat for three days. Idrank lots of water. You will feel good for another couple of hour until the ansthesia wears off then it will feel like someone rippped your jaw out. To get rid of te pain take ALL the pain killers they gave you. Good luck:D

fourspeednup
03-11-2004, 04:36 PM
Ice, Ice, Baby! Those are the key words! Get some frozen peas or something like that and hold them ****ers up to your face until your hands get numb, then tape them to your head. I got lucky and felt fine after all 4 of mine were removed, very little pain so I didn't ice them very well. 2 days later I look like a friggen chipmonk that just ate 2 baseballs:yuk:

GrapeApe
03-11-2004, 05:09 PM
So far so good... I have been Icing, an took a Vicodin.. Tongue & Bottom lip is still a bit numb. Looks Like I will bring some breathe mints with me and hit the party for a few hours.. I will let you guys know how it turns out tomorrow..
*** Grape Ape ***

anxious
03-11-2004, 05:13 PM
I had mine pulled last Friday and they bled for 9 hours straight. I mean they bled so much that it went in my stomach and I was throwing up for six hours. It sucked! My cheeks are still puffy, and have been living on the liquid diet now for a week. I can't wait to eat real food. Keep putting Gauz in your mouth and keep icing your mouth. The ice helps the blood clot.
http://www.vinylventures.com

lynden
03-11-2004, 07:17 PM
Damn I feel lucky you guys.
I had four impacted, got em pulled at 9 am was out by 10, went home gauzed up and passed out. Woke up abotu 4pm, blood had stopped, jaw felt fine. Took a vicodin, and headed out to the all you can eat seafood joint. Ate my ****in heart out, then went to a buds and wrenched on the car for a while. Only thing is after you eat gargle with some warm water to clean out the sockets good, and keep that vicodin handy, you might not need it, but it makes the day/night sooooo much better :)

gigamurph
03-12-2004, 10:45 AM
What am I readin'? What a bunch of pussies! The wife had three wisdom teeth yanked on a Friday afternoon, loaded her butt up, was at Crazy Horse (Havasu, for the unknowin') that night, and she was water-skiin' at 8:00AM saturday mornin'!.....and to top it of, she had a problem with one of the extractions, took her back in to the doctor a week or so later, they did some X-rays and discovered that the one that he had a hard time gettin' out had actually splintered her jaw and the bone sliver was causin' her pain! Now buck up and and be men!:eek: :p Me? Hell no! I've never had any wisdom teeth and I wouldn't have them extracted if I did! That s**t hurts like a b**ch! I think I would just stick my head in a vise and tighten up 'til I felt no pain; then have someone shoot me!:p :D
Hope you're feelin' better GA and the party went well. :D

GrapeApe
03-12-2004, 10:54 AM
Update... Last night was Great.. Vicodin, and a few Belvedere & Cran.. and I was in a great mood... This morning is a different story. My Jaw is swollen, and hurts from all the smiling & laughing from last nights festivities.. Hopefully I will have some pics up by the begining of next week.. my buddy had the digital camera.. There where about 20 playmates there hanging out, but I must say that the girls we had with us had most of them beat.. There are some good airbrush artists at Playboy... Now time for Breakfeast, Applesauce...
*** Grape Ape ***

HavasuDreamin'
03-12-2004, 11:01 AM
and what did you eat afterwards...
*** Grape Ape ***
I heard grape nuts were good for breakfast right after having your wisdom teeth pulled.

GrapeApe
03-22-2004, 02:39 PM
Well the Wisdom teeth are gone... But I am left with my Tongue Numb on the left side, and tip. The Oral Surgeon said that it may be caused from the Nerve being Stretched.... He said the Healing Process could take 6-8 Months, with a 1% chance that it will never come back to normal... This sucks.. I have already lost at least 5 lbs from not eating a normal diet.. Afraid to bite my tongue..Can't taste that well, tongue is always tingling like it was asleep.. pins & needles.. Feels like I have my tongue stuck to a freezin copper pole... Oh yeah, it also feels like I have a golf ball for a tongue...:( This sucks.... Anyone else ever had this problem?
*** Grape Ape ***

THOR
03-22-2004, 03:09 PM
I havent heard of this problem. I had mine out about 1 month ago and it went fine.
My wife is a dental hygienist and I'll ask her about the numb tongue thing and see if it is normal.

Desert Rat
03-22-2004, 03:19 PM
I was told to lightly bite down on tea bags (no not THAT kind of tea bag, I mean real tea bags) something about the tanic (sp) acid aids in clotting. That was about 20 years ago.

Rev. Williams
03-22-2004, 04:28 PM
Well the Wisdom teeth are gone... But I am left with my Tongue Numb on the left side, and tip. The Oral Surgeon said that it may be caused from the Nerve being Stretched.... He said the Healing Process could take 6-8 Months, with a 1% chance that it will never come back to normal... This sucks.. I have already lost at least 5 lbs from not eating a normal diet.. Afraid to bite my tongue..Can't taste that well, tongue is always tingling like it was asleep.. pins & needles.. Feels like I have my tongue stuck to a freezin copper pole... Oh yeah, it also feels like I have a golf ball for a tongue...:( This sucks.... Anyone else ever had this problem?
*** Grape Ape ***
I had mine out last year and my chin went numb for about a month.... It's scarey for a while, but one day you'll wake up and everything will be back to normal. Just hang in there and try not to chew your tongue up to much :D :D

GrapeApe
03-22-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Rev. Williams
I had mine out last year and my chin went numb for about a month.... It's scarey for a while, but one day you'll wake up and everything will be back to normal. Just hang in there and try not to chew your tongue up to much :D :D
Yeah. Thats what I am hoping for.. It would be very Shitty if I had this lack of feeling, taste, for a long period of time... Thanks for letting me know your experience.. I am glad that you got the feeling back..
*** Grape Ape ***