PDA

View Full Version : What should I do ???

THATJEFFGUY
03-11-2004, 04:52 PM
OK guys, I have an interesting situation. As most of you know, my company, Cool Cover Canopy, manufactures the custom portable shade canopies. I've sold them to several of the members here on the HB forums, and so far no problems...everyone's been happy with my product. Due to the simple fact that we're all supposed to be a pretty good group of friends here, I normally don't ask for a down payment when a member places an order...I just ask for payment when the item is shipped....and again, this has never been a problem. However, I sent out a custom canopy over a month ago and this particular member keeps ignoring my e-mails and PM's. He did send me an e-mail 2 weeks ago saying he didn't forget about me, but he has been busy and has had alot of demands lately, so he would get back to me. I'm sorry, but that's just a BULLSHIT excuse to me ! I didn't have a problem when he asked for me to rush his canopy order so he could use it, nor did I have a problem throwing in a couple extra things he wanted, at NO CHARGE even ! So now I dunno if this guy is gonna screw me or what....any suggestions ? It may not be alot of money to some of you ($700), but it's the principal, and he owes it to me !! I've always given fellow Hot Boat members a good deal and so far have trusted everyone on the boards...but leave it to one jackass to screw it up for everyone. So how would you guys handle this ??
Oh, by the way....the season is pretty much here so if any of you want a new canopy, custom bimini, cockpit or bow covers, prop covers, or bags for slide anchors or whatever, let me know...888.903.COOL I only make top quality products, but the only requirement is that you have to pay for them !

Her454
03-11-2004, 05:01 PM
This has come up before on the boards with many different type of sales. My suggestion is to wait a few days for him/her to see this thread and when you know they have completely blown you off and this did not initiate some payment, call him out publicly, period.

burtandnancy
03-11-2004, 05:07 PM
You owe him nothing. Call him out, he's a dirt bag.
And question yourself, is doing business the way you currently operate going to work for you in the long run...

HammerDown
03-11-2004, 05:08 PM
You have his address right...then go take care of business!

Rexone
03-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Get a deposit or payment up front on anything custom, good deal or not, makes no difference if someone stiffs ya. While you like to think everyone on the forum is a straight shooter the bottom line is its a slice of the general public and there are flakes everywhere.

Her454
03-11-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by HammerDown
You have his address right...then go take care of business!
jeeeeeeeeeeez Hammer, where'd ya grow up, Hells Kitchen? LOL :)

Dribble
03-11-2004, 05:25 PM
Give him three days to pay or you will take it public on the boards.

CA Stu
03-11-2004, 05:26 PM
That's a lot of money!
Hey credit criminal, pay the man!
Give him a week then name some names.
I would name him even after he pays, but that's just me.
Here's a concept: If you can't pay for something, don't order it!
Good Luck
CA Stu
PS "Check's in the mail":)

HammerDown
03-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Her454
jeeeeeeeeeeez Hammer, where'd ya grow up, Hells Kitchen? LOL :)
Sorry...it's an Italian thing.:cool:

boater
03-11-2004, 05:33 PM
unfortunetly in todays society you cant do buissiness that way any more what ive had to do is either get full payment upfront or ship it C.O.D. as for the stiff give him one last chance to pay and then the gloves are off

shadow
03-11-2004, 05:39 PM
I know A guy who knows A guy,who can get it for you!
Might be easier on him to pull his covers though.will be embarassed but won't hurt as much.

welk2party
03-11-2004, 05:40 PM
I tried to PM you JEFF. I am interested in a canopy but have some questions. shoot me an email when you get a chance.

bigkatboat
03-11-2004, 05:54 PM
I am very sorry you now have first hand knowledge of why so many, boat builders, engine builders, parts retailers, and repair shops are so "hard line" on 'payment and delivery' terms! Most people will "do the right thing" without you asking. Others, will USE EVERYONE THEY MEET! Over 20 years operating a boat business in California (Kalifornia!) I had lists of names, people that my employees were not allowed to sell ANY THING to. I hope you are now going to protect yourself from credit card and check fraud, it is your BUSINESS not a "toy". The straight shooters know that "it's business", and they will offer to work things out with you, F%$K the others! Please don't do anything that might make things worse (you don't need jail time), however, I have found that many of the people that have "gotten to me" are now learning who and how many friends I really have, and the "bad karma" has a way of returning ten fold.

LHC Kirby
03-11-2004, 06:03 PM
I tend to go the nice way (nice guys finish last) however on this one - E-mail him one more time and give him 3 days to get money to you. after post his information here and take him to small claims court....
where ever he lives - I am sure someone on here lives in his county and will mail the needed forms to you.
Good Luck:)

Huntingtonbeach
03-11-2004, 06:08 PM
Damn man, the nerve of some people to use others never ceases to amaze me!!! Jeff set you a pm about a top hit me back when you can.

LASERRAY
03-11-2004, 06:15 PM
Damn! And here I thought that RD was a stand-up guy! Damn, you think you know someone, and then they go and pull something like this!:D J/k.

HOSS
03-11-2004, 06:18 PM
Well who the **** is it!:mad:
A month is a long damn time.

LAVEYSABRE575
03-11-2004, 06:19 PM
JEFF what time are you in the office, id like a couple prop covers...derek

twistedpair
03-11-2004, 06:24 PM
I say let the cat (pussy) out of the bag. I've saved alot of money using my '***boat Discount'. I don't want some welcher to screw it up for everyone..

Jordy
03-11-2004, 06:39 PM
I've got a good idea who it is. ;)

Jordy
03-11-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Bang! Look right below this thread. :D
RD
I was going to do it but didn't want to hear about anything else I've done today in the way of making friends and influencing people on the boards... Thanks Dave.
Oh, and the chicken enchiladas are in the works right now. ;)

twistedpair
03-11-2004, 06:45 PM
Embriodered Velocity Stack? Hmmmmmmmm?:confused: ;)

Jordy
03-11-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by twistedpair
Embriodered Velocity Stack? Hmmmmmmmm?:confused: ;)
No mas el stacko de velocitio. :D

twistedpair
03-11-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
No mas el stacko de velocitio. :D
Musta finally stepped up to thru-hulls, huh!;)

Jordy
03-11-2004, 06:50 PM
Musta finally stepped up to thru-hulls, huh!;)
That was done too. The velocity stack has been mothballed. The OT headers are gonzo. There are a few things in the works. I heard you can pick up lots of speed going to through transom so I figured it was worth a try. :D

77charger
03-11-2004, 06:51 PM
If it were me in your situation i would try to work out asap and let them know i posted the prob and theni will give them 3 days to respond if none then i post their name then go after them. oh i show them my other skills too
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/398223_accrcy-med.JPG

Jbb
3-5 mph...wasnt it?

Jbb
Originally posted by 77charger
If it were me in your situation i would try to work out asap and let them know i posted the prob and theni will give them 3 days to respond if none then i post their name then go after them. oh i show them my other skills too
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/398223_accrcy-med.JPG
Bang!...........:eek:

Jordy
03-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by JETBOAT BRIAN
3-5 mph...wasnt it?
Yeah, I did hear that somewhere. I'm anxious to see if it will work on my lowly jet. :D

twistedpair
03-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Personally, I would have left Three Mile Island on there. "Waste not Want not", I always say!

Jordy
03-11-2004, 06:53 PM
Personally, I would have left Three Mile Island on there. "Waste not Want not", I always say!
Three mile island... That's a new one. Funny too. If I can find a three mile island that will fit a 4500 then I won't rule it out. :D

mbrown2
03-11-2004, 06:54 PM
In my best broken Russian..."Pay da man his money"...

LAVEYSABRE575
03-11-2004, 07:07 PM
man i hope your money MAGICALY appears real soon thats a bunch of shit.....

MudPumper
03-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Funny, the guy had time to write you an email but didn't have time to mail a check. That's just poor!!!!
What's even funnier is this quote from said person.
"you should all work with Jeff, he has ben really great to work with so far. the canopy that is on this page is on its way to me now, and jeff will be wise to get me some buisness cards becuase i'm sure people will ask where i got it.
thanks for the help in designing this to match the boat jeff, look forward to using this."

1stepcloser
03-11-2004, 08:26 PM
The OT headers are gonzo. I heard you can pick up lots of speed going to through transom so I figured it was worth a try. :D
Just cant let a sleeping dog lie, can ya....:D
I think I'll hang around here for a while tonight, things might get interesting.

JetBoatRich
03-11-2004, 08:41 PM
did you get the money:rolleyes:

Jrocket
03-11-2004, 08:54 PM
His name will now go on the list of"People not to do business with list".

BOBALOO
03-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Hey can you post a pic of the prop covers?
I want something to cover my prop at the sandbar so the drunks (me) dont get hurt.
Show us whatcha got, I am tired of trying to strap a life jacket to my outdrive.

LASERRAY
03-11-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
ok, he knows who he is and I think we know who he is. So just pay the man already! At this point you should wire the money, it shouldn't have come to this. You should be ashamed, I am ashamed for you. What a Winner!;) :) :) :)

THATJEFFGUY
03-11-2004, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the help guys !! I'll give this guy (3) days then I'll have to handle it in a more "persuasive" manner. I think I'm gonna go watch my Sopranos DVD's and brush up on my "business skills"...I'll let you guys know what happens !

dicudmore
03-11-2004, 09:57 PM
good luck Jeff. sorry about the b/s

LASERRAY
03-11-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by THATJEFFGUY
Thanks for the help guys !! I'll give this guy (3) days then I'll have to handle it in a more "persuasive" manner. I think I'm gonna go watch my Sopranos DVD's and brush up on my "business skills"...I'll let you guys know what happens ! Be sure to study Junior's famous line from season 2: If you want to lie to me, tell me there's a hooker in the car waiting to tongue my balls!!!:D ;) :cool:

Scream
03-11-2004, 10:13 PM
--bump--
Next

moneysucker
03-11-2004, 10:41 PM
With welfare fraud as an occupation on his profile, who woulda thunk it?

OutCole'd
03-12-2004, 05:58 AM
Is this where we sign up for free custom canopy's?
I want custom colors and am in a hurry, and do not want to pay for it. How long is this going to take??

HammerDown
03-12-2004, 06:15 AM
I think I'm gonna go watch my Sopranos DVD's and brush up on my "business skills"...
There ya go...now your talking.
:cool:

burbanite
03-12-2004, 06:48 AM
Jeff makes a nice canopy, if you are ever at a Daytona Prototype sportscar race you will see one in our pit. I would recommend his product to anyone.
Still don't have any pictures yet Jeff but I'll be sure to forward any I get.

little rowe boat
03-12-2004, 07:20 AM
Go public,let us know who it is.

Jordy
03-12-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by little rowe boat
Go public,let us know who it is.
I think we pretty much got it figured out. If we were wrong I'm thinking we would have heard that we were thinking of the wrong guy...

little rowe boat
03-12-2004, 07:58 AM
I think we pretty much got it figured out. If we were wrong I'm thinking we would have heard that we were thinking of the wrong guy...
I just don't want to incriminate someone unless I am 100% positive who it is.

Hermosa
03-12-2004, 09:41 AM
Did the bitch pay you yet? I just had the same problem with an old friend who bought my 750 BMW wheels from me. I never got paid the entire amount, and let's just say his prize winning front lawn is looking a little brown these days... that's just the beginning of his personal hell. Going to be a fun summer.

superdave013
03-12-2004, 09:43 AM
people that don't pay or keep their end of a deal just suck.

little rowe boat
03-12-2004, 10:03 AM
lil rowe boat.... LOL
I think I've been on the boards to long or something becuase whenever you see a post or several posts a ways apart saying "Did you get it?" To me That means, "Did you get my freakin canopy yet becuase I want my dinero you pinchi ______"
RD
Ok,you swayed me,as someone said on the other thread,maybe the Raider fans killed him.

Ducatista
03-12-2004, 10:04 AM
Geez this person probably had to make the boat payment, so you have to wait! That sucks.....

ROZ
03-12-2004, 10:22 AM
Kinda wierd.... Guy has enough dough, maybe, to buy a new wizard, but not 500 to pay for his canopy? I have enought to buy a custom canopy, but not the boat... Maybe Magic will give me net180 months? ;)

Jbb
03-12-2004, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RiverDave
.. (I suck)
lol...:)

little rowe boat
03-12-2004, 10:29 AM
Well in all fairness I think we're coming down a little hard on the guy. So long as he pays up in the end that's all that really matters, although I will say it does suck that it's taken awhile.
On the flipside though I can't talk too much shit..
I borrowed a Hitch adapter from SuperDave that I never returned.. (I suck)
and that trailer hitch cover for Dr. Eagle.. Well it's sitting right next to my lap top right now. Honestly though I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to get down to the Fed Ex office in the last 2 weeks. Dropping it off before I goto the river today though. :)
Everybody makes mistakes, it's how you handle them in the end that is a true testiment to a persons character.
RD
I always find that it's best to ignore my mistakes,maybe they will go away.:D

superdave013
03-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Well in all fairness I think we're coming down a little hard on the guy. So long as he pays up in the end that's all that really matters, although I will say it does suck that it's taken awhile.
I borrowed a Hitch adapter from SuperDave that I never returned.. (I suck)
and that trailer hitch cover for Dr. Eagle.. Well it's sitting right next to my lap top right now. Honestly though I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to get down to the Fed Ex office in the last 2 weeks. Dropping it off before I goto the river today though. :)
Everybody makes mistakes, it's how you handle them in the end that is a true testiment to a persons character.
RD
Dave, I'm thinkin you paid me for that adapter. I know whe are square about it somehow.
But your comment about as long as he pays in the end is all that matters is not really true.
I don't know about Jeff's cash flow but I know how mine is.
If I make something I have to pay my vendors. I'm on net 30 with some and COD with some.
If I give you a cod or a net what ever terms I need ya to stick to it. IF not and a few people do it to me at the same time my cash flow starts hurting.

mbrown2
03-12-2004, 11:49 AM
.. (I suck)
RD
Yeah, while we are at it; whatever happened to the Billet Flag Pole adapter I wanted two boats ago...j/k:D :D :D
Seriously I don't need it, if I still do a flagpole, I would mount it on the outboard bracket or something more like the off road vehicles or like SVO540's..

LakeRacer
03-12-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
Dave, I'm thinkin you paid me for that adapter. I know whe are square about it somehow.
But your comment about as long as he pays in the end is all that matters is not really true.
I don't know about Jeff's cash flow but I know how mine is.
If I make something I have to pay my vendors. I'm on net 30 with some and COD with some.
If I give you a cod or a net what ever terms I need ya to stick to it. IF not and a few people do it to me at the same time my cash flow starts hurting.
EXACTLY. Cash flow is what it's all about...you have to spend money to make money. And when someone isn't paying it hurts.

Pointerman
03-12-2004, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JETBOAT BRIAN
[B][QUOTE]Originally posted by RiverDave
.. (I suck)
Perfect signature line.

THATJEFFGUY
03-15-2004, 02:45 PM
Well I finally talked to "this guy"....and he had acted as though I was bothering him...an had the nerve to give ME an attitude !
Me: "Hey, I'm calling about the canopy you purchased several weeks ago"
him: "Yeah?"
Me: "Well, I still haven't received payment for it..and it's been over a month"
him: "OK"
Me: "OK ?? Well when can I expect to get paid?"
him: "I sent you a check"
Me: "When was it sent, and can you give me a check number?"
him: "Oh I dunno, maybe last week...my wife sent it"
Me: "OK, so can you talk to her and get a check # for me, and let me know when it was mailed?"
him: "Yeah I'll see"
Me: "So would you call me back so we can get this taken care of?"
him: "Yep"
Again, it sounds like more of the same BS I have been getting all along. So now after the cocky attitude in his voice and his smartass snicker, I'm really pissed !! So if he thinks I'm bothering him....he aint seen shit yet !!
A registered/certified letter was sent to him today demanding payment..let's see if he responds to it.
And believe it or not, I'm still trying to give this guy the benefit of the doubt of just being a flake....which is mainly why I haven't "gone public" with his name....YET !!!

Her454
03-15-2004, 02:51 PM
Well I finally talked to "this guy"....and he had acted as though I was bothering him...an had the nerve to give ME an attitude !
Me: "OK, so can you talk to her and get a check # for me, and let me know when it was mailed?"
Again, it sounds like more of the same BS I have been getting all along. So now after the cocky attitude in his voice and his smartass snicker, I'm really pissed !! So if he thinks I'm bothering him....he aint seen shit yet !!
A registered/certified letter was sent to him today demanding payment..let's see if he responds to it.
And believe it or not, I'm still trying to give this guy the benefit of the doubt of just being a flake....which is mainly why I haven't "gone public" with his name....YET !!!
And your waiting whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Burn me once, shame on you -
Burn me twice, shame on me.

Mr.Havasu
03-15-2004, 03:05 PM
here, let me help you
flake (http://www.***boat.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=7091)

OGShocker
03-15-2004, 03:07 PM
Collect the money ASAP (http://www.newton-associates.com/)
These are my thugs. You tell them how you want the collections handled. They go from nice to making jacka$$ dead beats cry like two year olds. They will call at 2AM, they call the dead beat at work, home, friends and families home... THEY ROCK!
They hook you for 25% and should only be used as a last option but, when you want people to beg you to take your money from them....... There are few better than Newton.
Good luck Jeff!

GrapeApe
03-15-2004, 03:08 PM
I always new there was a reason to be a Raider Hater.. Oh yeah, I also live in San Diego..... go figure..
*** Grape Ape ***

Her454
03-15-2004, 03:10 PM
LMAO, when you take him to court....school him on how to spell
FRAUD correctly. ;)

MudPumper
03-15-2004, 03:16 PM
After you get paid, if you do, post his phone number on the boards. He will get so many phone calls at all hours of the day and night he will have to change his number. And we all know what an inconvenience it is to have to change your phone number. :D

OGShocker
03-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by MudPumper
After you get paid, if you do, post his phone number on the boards. He will get so many phone calls at all hours of the day and night he will have to change his number. And we all know what an inconvenience it is to have to change your phone number. :D
That SUCKS!
Jeff, DO NOT DO THIS! Let one of us do it for you...:D

mirvin
03-15-2004, 03:44 PM
What a turd. Can't you report him to a credit agency or something? Come to think of it he's probly already hurting in the credit score if he's pulling this shit over $700:mad:
I like the idea of reposessing it;) Of course, this would need to be done in front of his friends and family on the hottest day of the year:D
OR, how 'bout this:
Go ahead and make a canopy with swastika's or something terrible all over it and switch it with the other one while it's on the beach:p Or not....;)

LASERRAY
03-15-2004, 10:15 PM
So Mr. W. has a brand new 2004 29ft Magic, and an H2,? No wonder he "Can't" pay you!:D

JetBoatRich
03-15-2004, 10:41 PM
I am sure he will read this and have some sort of comment:rolleyes: slipped his mind :idea:

Kachina26
03-16-2004, 02:19 PM
Chris Winn still hasn't paid you for your canopy?
RD That was subtle:p

Scream
03-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Chris Winn still hasn't paid you for your canopy?
RD
Ohhhh. I was trying to figure out who it was, like a murder mystery. Dang, now I don't even think I'll go see the movie:D
Doesn't that guy post on HotSpots West? Maybe we should copy this thread over there!

PlyaPlya22
03-16-2004, 02:59 PM
Jeff,
Why don't you post a pic of the canopy you made him. Somone is going to see him at the river or the lake??? Hmmm...I think a little summertime reposession is in order here ( I hope it's like 120+). Just another day on the job!!:D :D :D

Jrocket
03-16-2004, 04:12 PM
Someone just got booted off of RRL today...
RD WHO?

mirvin
03-16-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
WHO?
Yeah Dave, who? Hmmmmmmmm, I wonder who it could be?;)
mirvin:D

Blown 472
03-16-2004, 04:20 PM
RD
rd tha hardass.

repo man
03-16-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by PlyaPlya22
Jeff,
Why don't you post a pic of the canopy you made him. Somone is going to see him at the river or the lake??? Hmmm...I think a little summertime reposession is in order here ( I hope it's like 120+). Just another day on the job!!:D :D :D
did i hear someone say repo?

Dave C
03-16-2004, 04:35 PM
is it just me or is repo-man's avitar making you dizzy too?

topless
03-16-2004, 04:46 PM
Aren't you being a little harsh Dave? The check is probablly lost in the mail.............Yea right;)

H20 Party Starter
03-16-2004, 04:55 PM
Chris.......that's really GAY!

H20 Party Starter
03-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Lemme rephrase that.....
Chris is a deadbeat bootie bandit, who should be hung by his balls in the middle of the town square!
Look into those options Bitch!;)

Charley
03-16-2004, 05:19 PM
whats this clown's screen name?

BoatFloating
03-16-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Charley
whats this clown's screen name?
Charley, read above slow poke......

Charley
03-16-2004, 05:28 PM
Maybe I just wanted his name pasted all over the damned thread!

Charley
03-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Just kiddin Rock ;) I was just LAZY!:p

Mrs. Restless22
03-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Do you guys know exactly what his boat looks like? :D

BoatFloating
03-16-2004, 05:33 PM
Just kiddin Rock ;) I was just LAZY!:p
Maybe I'm slow I didn't get you joke.
By the way have you seen Chris Winn
By the way Jeff I would like to order a 100 Canopies and I'll pay you once I get them. The chek swill be there by the 32nd of the month. ;)

riverbound
03-16-2004, 05:34 PM
I cant believe this flake has still not paid you. :mad: :mad: :mad:
He has obviously never heard of karma

Charley
03-16-2004, 05:35 PM
ya is this the guy who stole my paintjob??? an got the blue flamed canopy??? ;) Im kidding guys I have no idea who he is....or what his boat looks like

H20 Party Starter
03-16-2004, 05:36 PM
He's 29 year's old?:confused:
w/ an H2 and a 29' Magic?
He's in debt up to his fukin eyeballs!:D :D If you get a check, it won't be any good:(

RiverToysJas
03-16-2004, 05:37 PM
ya is this the guy who stole my paintjob??? an got the blue flamed canopy??? ;) Im kidding guys I have no idea who he is....or what his boat looks like
Looks like your boat, only not as nice (if it's who I'm thinking of). ;)
RTJas :D

Mrs. Restless22
Damn...you are on it! :D

Ziggy
this kinda crap really chaps my hide---do you think he'll smooth it over with a few brews?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mirvin
03-16-2004, 05:44 PM
This kinda sucks but, now that his name has been smeared all over cyberspace, he's probly not going to pay up:yuk:
Everyone who posted on this thread should donate $10 to cover Jeff's costs;)
mirvin

Mrs. Restless22
03-16-2004, 05:52 PM
Sounds like hes in Havasu quite a bit, and he doesnt exactly have a boat thats hard to miss...someones gonna see him soon

phebus
03-16-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Restless22
Sounds like hes in Havasu quite a bit, and he doesnt exactly have a boat thats hard to miss...someones gonna see him soon
He'll be the guy sitting by himself under a nice blue and white flame canopy!!

riverbound
03-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Sound like somebody is going to get booted off alot more places as word spreads (sand bar, channel, etc.....)
By the way RAIDER FANS SUCK !!!!!!! you know who you are.

Ziggy
03-16-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by phebus
He'll be the guy sitting by himself under a nice blue and white flame canopy!!
LOL-that is exactly what came to my mind--he might be stylin' but he's gonna be lonely.

twistedpair
03-16-2004, 06:07 PM
Apparently the "Watching sopranos DVD's and brushing up on biz skills comment" made earlier was construed as a written threat, and Chris Winn has made comment that he is going to be looking at his "options" in regards to that. http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/ubb/graemlins/tosser.gif
Not paying your bill is one thing.. Threatening legal recourse becuase of a joke made online about it is an entirely different thing which is why he a good portion of the reason why he was removed from RRL..
RD
What a friggin' JAGOFF!! Welch on a debt, and then be pissed off when someone calls you out on it?!? Karma works C-Dub, and it's gonna suck to be you when it happens. By the way, that was not a threat, and neither were any of the previous posts. When someone around HERE threatens you, trust me, you will know it.

jbtrailerjim
03-16-2004, 06:15 PM
Well, in his profile his occupation sais wellfare fraud. Maybe he was waiting for his wellfare check to arrive. Yesterday was the 15th so he should have got his wellfare check and be able to pay up now.:rolleyes: :D

Kim Hanson
03-16-2004, 06:17 PM
This guy just can't be real, I think there really is nothing worse than this kind of shit! He made the deal so now it time to pay up, must think it's going to just go away:rolleyes: .....( . )( . )......

riverbound
03-16-2004, 06:20 PM
Chris Winn has made comment that he is going to be looking at his "options" in regards to that.
If he cant pay his bills how is he going to be able to threaten legal actions. I'm calling B.S., Why doesnt he man up and pay and at least try and salvage what little decency he has left. :yuk:

H20 Party Starter
03-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Did he think it wouldn't go public? Dumbass:D
I feel bad for you Jeff, but appreciate the type of guy you are, and the way you handle your biz. Carma will get you back in a good way.
I bet he is also the type of person that is always late, flakes without calling etc. etc. WORTHLESS
Chris has been booted from a few websites today and will forever be known as "That Guy" by hundreds of frequent Havasu Visitors.
There's your carma right there Chris Winn;) AKA Chris U LOOSE

phebus
03-16-2004, 08:21 PM
This was posted on 2-20-04:
hey jeff,
my wife just called and the box is on my porch, i'm gonna check it out tonight if i have time or in the am tomarrow, i will have your check to you ASAP!
thanks for the great service!!!!!!
chris
Hey Chris, when the **** does ASAP get here!!! :mad:
Jeff has been more than patient. Pay up.

JetBoatRich
03-16-2004, 08:31 PM
I guess we need a picture of his new boat to top it off:D

phebus
03-16-2004, 08:36 PM
It's rumored to look like this:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1199boat_65_002.jpg

Mrs. Restless22
03-16-2004, 08:41 PM
Dont look like an H2 towing it to me....:D
So hes a flake and full of shit? :D :D

Charley
03-16-2004, 09:41 PM
If you can Repo it, I'll buy it ;):D

cruser
03-16-2004, 10:48 PM
What is up with that trailer? Looks a bit short for that boat and what is that on the front of the fender?
cruzer

ROZ
03-16-2004, 11:18 PM
The last guy who stiffed us ( actally started by a mistake) thought he'd claim fraud on his credit card. We had his signature from UPS showing he signed for it.. Not only did we contact the credit card company with a history of purchases from this guy on the same card, but we then contacted the DA of the county of which this guy resides... Which is 3k miles away from me... The DA and CC company worked with us, since all we really wanted was our money, and the DA wrote a certified letter stating all the charges he'd have against him if he didn't pay... He now makes monthly payments, to avoid being arrested for wire and mail fraud since it was bought over the phone....
I say F' it... Call it a loss and report the looser.. I think they dropped the dollar fiure for grand theft, didn't they?

Ivan Dan
03-16-2004, 11:41 PM
Hey H20....what does this have to do with anything??? I have all those nice things plus some and I'm only 27. :D Difference between me and him....I pay my bills to people I say I will especially fellow ***boaters that I will see all summer long in Havasu.
Originally posted by H20 Party Starter
He's 29 year's old?:confused:
w/ an H2 and a 29' Magic?
He's in debt up to his fukin eyeballs!:D :D If you get a check, it won't be any good:(

MagicMtnDan
03-16-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
Free Havasu Barney...
Free Kim Hanson...
Free Tom Brown...
Free titties and beer...
Free Topless...
Free Jungle Boy...
Free Sorry Dog...
Free TANGO454...
Free Martha Stewart...
Hey, what about me?! :eek!:

Tom Brown
03-16-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Hey, what about me?! :eek!:
OK, you're in. I put you before Martha. Nobody comes after Martha.

Charley
03-17-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by ROZ
The last guy who stiffed us ( actally started by a mistake) thought he'd claim fraud on his credit card. We had his signature from UPS showing he signed for it.. Not only did we contact the credit card company with a history of purchases from this guy on the same card, but we then contacted the DA of the county of which this guy resides... Which is 3k miles away from me... The DA and CC company worked with us, since all we really wanted was our money, and the DA wrote a certified letter stating all the charges he'd have against him if he didn't pay... He now makes monthly payments, to avoid being arrested for wire and mail fraud since it was bought over the phone....
I say F' it... Call it a loss and report the looser.. I think they dropped the dollar fiure for grand theft, didn't they?
I promise to pay for my stereo ROZ...Maybe even CASH!:D ;)
hey did you get my last pm?

ROZ
03-17-2004, 01:38 AM
Hey Roz, anyone ever stiff you on the boards? or has all your transactions been pretty smooth?
RD I've been pretty lucky so far, but like Jeff I have been a little too trustworthy..
Shit one of the guys on the boards called me the other day telling me that I hadn't run his card yet...:eek: :D

ROZ
03-17-2004, 01:39 AM
I promise to pay for my stereo ROZ...Maybe even CASH!:D ;)
hey did you get my last pm?
Yup, right back at ya :)

TOBTEK
03-17-2004, 02:18 AM
I wanted to have jeff make me the same canopy.......Better not now, someone might mistake me for this "no-pay" and kick my ass at the sandbar this season.

Kachina26
03-17-2004, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by TOBTEK
I wanted to have jeff make me the same canopy.......Better not now, someone might mistake me for this "no-pay" and kick my ass at the sandbar this season. He could stitch "PAID" into the fabric, or "NOT THE DEADBEAT"

Charley
03-17-2004, 09:48 AM
how much would it cost for one with those graphix with the "Paid in full" patch?;)

Chris Winn
03-17-2004, 11:28 AM
I guess that is it time that I post a response; first off I regret that that this situation has gotten to this extent. I am an upstanding member of the HB community, feel the need to explain the situation.
I ordered a canopy from Jeff in the beginning of Feb., he delivered the canopy on or around the 19th of Feb, he was very good in his communication in this transaction and the handling of the order (I would view as first rate). My grand father passed away that week, I had planned on buying the canopy for a B-day party that my wife had planned for me, that all changed when we reached Oregon for the funeral and that planning that ensued. When we reached Oregon, we were informed that my Grandma was no longer eligible for the care service that the state provided due to the fact that the income that they could gather from both my Grandpa and Grandma would no longer be available. It came at that time that I was informed of the situation that she would placed as a ward of the state if there were no people to take active custody of what they then viewed as wards of the state. I was then placed in the unique position to take care of this situation. (my Grandmother has severe Diabetes and is in an advanced stage of Alzheimer’s disease) I was not aware of her conditions at the time and quickly had to learn to work with this. Long story short, it required almost 2 weeks of my time to complete the last of closing out my Grandfathers necessities ands arranging for the remainder to be moved to my house, I had no idea of all it would take ( I will not ask for any sympathy, I chose not to let the state treat my family like property).
Upon my return, Jeff had send me a PM asking if I had received the canopy, I replied that I had and I would get the payment out to him that week (I think that he this was a Monday or Tuesday) I had a check sent out on Thursday of that week. Jeff call me on the following Thursday (I think that that was the 11th), he informed me that the payment had not be received; I let him know that I did in fact send the check and that he should soon receive it. Jeff asked me to give him the check # and the date it wad sent, I knew that the check was sent the previous week but I did not know the check # (I never pay attention to the checks, my wife takes care of the bills). I asked Jeff to please look for the check over the next few days and let me know if this has not been received (this conversation took place on the 11th)(I did not want 2 checks floating around out there).
This situation does exist because I should have paid that invoice right before I left for the funeral, but I did not yet have the canopy and it was not on the top of my mind at the time, it did not get taken care of until I returned from Oregon (almost 2 weeks later). The last few weeks have been filled with state visits and arranging for the care of my Grandmother, there is a lot of red tape to work through to get care for an elderly person, and it has consumed most of my time (not to mention my vacation time).
I am not asking to plead any type of forgiveness (I was not forced into this situation, I took the initiative to take care of my Grandma when I realized what kind of care that the state was willing to give). But I did communicate with Jeff and I did not avoid any PM’s that he sent (if there were any missed I do apologize), but it not my intention to ever duck the responsibility of a debt due, let alone one who did fulfill his commitment to me. I do feel bad that Jeff is angry about this situation, but do realize that I that bitten off more than I could possibly chew (commitment wise) and that I never would desire to hurt a person on this board. Jeff has painted the picture of me as an uncaring rude person, I am not, many of you who have talked to me should know better than that. I have helped many people out at Havasu (including a member of this board who pulled into the channel w/o his drain plug). Many of the people who know me on this board know that I am a stand up guy and the 1st a round at the bar, I do apologize for the situation that Jeff has been placed in but ask that the situation be considered. I am a little taken back by the way that he board has taken prepare to crucify me without truly understanding the situation; this is not the way that I am. But if this is the consensus of the HB board, then I will cease to participate on the boards if I am not welcome. I will not enjoy that due to the good people that I have met, but if that is the impression that I will have to carry, than I do not want to be a part of the board. I welcome all comments, and look forward to meeting a lot of you out there; I am going to be in Havasu this weekend (the 20th) and will be bringing my Grandmother for her 1st time.
I just returned from a trip to Japan today, I left on Friday morning and saw the boards on Tuesday (my time) in Japan (Monday in California). I did try to log on but none of the codes would work for hotmail or hot boat or any US based site, I did make an attempt to email this to River Dave to post for me in my absence, but I only could guess that his email address would be riverdave@riverratlife.com. I didn’t threaten any legal action against Jeff, but I did tell him that I am concerned about the comments (you never know nowadays) I and I need to consider my options (if the threats continued). Now I will admit that this situation does exist because of the fact Jeff has not received his payment (a new check was sent), and I am sorry for that. We all make errors and bad judgments calls in our lives, and one of mine was due to taking quite I bit on at one time (this is not a money thing is can assure you). But it is my intention to settle with Jeff, and I do apologize to him, but I think that I can been judged pretty quickly by the boards an would like everyone to understand my side of this.
Best regards,
Chris Winn

RiverToysJas
03-17-2004, 11:42 AM
That's a pretty stand-up reply IMO.

Chris Winn
03-17-2004, 11:46 AM
thank you,
I wouldn't take the time if I didn't care, but I do and ithink that I have been missunderstood. I will make right of this, and i do accpt the responsibility for my actions.

Ziggy
03-17-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
That's a pretty stand-up reply IMO.
Totally agree...

mirvin
03-17-2004, 11:57 AM
GOod work CHris. It takes a certain amount of integrity to step up here and not tell everyone to f-off, regardless of your situation. RIght or wrong. That's worth something.
Hopefully you and Jeff can work things out and move on.
mirvin

HavasuDreamin'
03-17-2004, 11:59 AM
I think people on the boards are quick to judge based on a number of things, but mostly based on similar situations presented on the boards throughout the years that haven't been resolved in a professional way. (How was that for being politically correct?) ;)
To make a long story short, an issue was brought up with no response from you for several days..........weeks. In our society, and on ***boat........ that equals guilty.
After reading your post in which you indicate that you were at fault but had no intentions of stiffing Jeff out of his money, in addition to having a legitimate excuse, that recitifies the situation IMHO. Your situation is one of the few that have come up on the boards that was legit. Most are bogus excuses which is why people jumped you.
Best of luck going forward. :cool:

Chris Winn
03-17-2004, 12:06 PM
thank you guys,
I really dreaded to bring a very private matter public, but it has been very hard on me and no excuse is ever good enough, but the boards understanding of this would be appriciated. I will be buying buy beers for this one, I can tell allready.

Kachina26
03-17-2004, 12:10 PM
Being that I jumped on board with the bashing, I must jump on board with saying that you took the high road in your response to this thread. I'm sorry to hear about your situation, I hope that all things work out for you.

Mrs. Restless22
03-17-2004, 12:10 PM
So sorry to hear about your family right now. :(
Hope your grandma enjoys her 1st trip to Havasu...

CA Stu
03-17-2004, 12:13 PM
Post in haste, repent at leisure.
Cheers
CA Stu

Chris Winn
03-17-2004, 12:23 PM
i really do want to go out there this weekend, but here are several factors.
1) MY grandma thinks that everytime i take her somewhere, i am going to leave her there. she still cannot understand why she had to leave Oregon
2) I do not have control of the diabeades (SP) and am really worried that I am not doing this right. Plus I am deathly afraid of needles.
3)my wife has been a saint, I travel alot, and she (even when I am home) take care the Female things for my grandma, you cannot begin to understand some of the issues.
so i hope to go, but it will be a last minute call for me. i have a meeting with the state tommarow (she is elgible for medicade (SP)) but i need to finish the obligations of establihing her residency in California. if i can get this done, i would like to blow some steam off.

Ducatista
03-17-2004, 12:23 PM
Lynch mob dispersing......................:)

HCS
03-17-2004, 12:47 PM
Read this whole thread and I still don't like the Raiders.:p
I do need a good canopy top. Now I know where to go.
Good luck to you on your family situation Chris.

JetBoatRich
03-17-2004, 01:05 PM
Looks like it will be worked out. Chriss good luck with your grandma and I hope the state steps up and assist you. Difficult situation to be in. Sory for your other loss.
Jeff's seems like a good guy and I am sure he will understand.

ROZ
03-17-2004, 01:17 PM
While I am sympathetic to your problems, just how long after you opened up and set up the canopy would it have taken to write a check, address and stamp an envelope, and drop it in the mail? 10 mins?
And if the 1st check was lost, how much longer to cancel the 1st one and write another? another 15 mins?
He is a sole proprietor, so what if he needed the money last month to make ends meet? It can happen you know....
I hope the alters to your family become easier. :)

Chris Winn
03-17-2004, 01:43 PM
hello Roz,
i still have yet to open the canopy, the box was really tatered and all i did was make sure that it was in one piece. when jeff called me to ask me where the check was (this was on the 11th), i told him that one had been sent the week before (i think thursday that week), and i did ask that he watch for it.
point is that is should have sent it sooner, but i had 10 things to get done with the time to do 1 thing correctly. it was a matter of appropriation of time, and i do agree tht it is not right to put someone out if they are truely depending on the money, i would not be happy either.

MudPumper
03-17-2004, 02:12 PM
You should all be ashamed of yourselves for jumping to such conclusions. :( Does this mean we can't repo the canopy if we see chris at the lake????????:D

Chris Winn
03-17-2004, 02:13 PM
yeah
just look for the guy with the sheepish grin sitting under it

Tom Brown
03-17-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Chris Winn
it was a matter of appropriation of time, and i do agree tht it is not right to put someone out if they are truely depending on the money, i would not be happy either.
I hessitate to post in here again but whether Jeff was depending on the money or not has nothing to do with any of this. A committment was broken. If you were a month late with your license renewal with the DMV, they would not be as understanding as this group.
You've either paid or not and in this case, you haven't. The reaction of the group was not that strong, if you take a step back.
I'm looking forward to this getting straightened out so we can restore honor to the brotherhood. :)
Chris, I am sorry for the comments I made above. I will remove them. :)

CA Stu
03-17-2004, 03:24 PM
Free Havasu Barney...
Free Kim Hanson...
Free Tom Brown...
Free titties and beer...
Free Topless...
Free Jungle Boy...
Free Sorry Dog...
Free TANGO454...
Free MagicMtnDan...
Free Martha Stewart...

H20 Party Starter
03-17-2004, 03:26 PM
All you guys who said bad things about Chris are Assholes!:D :D
Damn bunch of Drama bandwagon, ready to lynch mo-fo's;)
I'll see you in Havasu This Weekend Chris:)
H20=> Never had a problem with US mail.....except for when I forget to put stamps on the bills:frown:

mirvin
03-17-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by CA Stu
Free Havasu Barney...
Free Kim Hanson...
Free Tom Brown...
Free titties and beer...
Free Topless...
Free Jungle Boy...
Free Sorry Dog...
Free TANGO454...
Free MagicMtnDan...
Free Martha Stewart...

jackpunx
03-17-2004, 03:33 PM
Mirvin.. hey man... wheres my money

mirvin
03-17-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by jackpunx
Mirvin.. hey man... wheres my money
Ha ha. You'll never get it sucka!!
See how this incident has effected all of us:p It wasn't until after this stuff went down that I noticed your sig looked like I might be owing you money;)
Disclaimers everywhere:D
mirvin

jackpunx
03-17-2004, 03:38 PM
LOL.. I never even thought about it.. so.. Wheres my money then.. Pay up sucka.. :D Im going to have to find something else

mirvin
03-17-2004, 03:44 PM
you are a ****er

Chris Winn
03-17-2004, 04:03 PM
i do want to thank everyone, and appologise publicly for this situation ever to have gotten this far. i have more on my back rightnow than i can handle, and understanding matters at time like this. i need to go now and fininsh up some things, but than you for your kind words.

phebus
03-17-2004, 04:15 PM
Group hug, I'll buy you a beer now. (when I hear payment has been made)

topless
03-17-2004, 04:23 PM
I told you guys the check must be lost in the mail. Blame the good ole US Postal Service.

Charley
03-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Chris, first let me express my sympathy re: your family situation.... It certainly entitles you to some lee-way(spelling?) ... I will say there are always 2 sides to every story.... As a business owner I have been on the recieving end of " the checks in the mail" scenario... it sux! Whether or not the check is really in the mail or not isn't really the point. It's that a businessman called you explaining that he hasn't recieved the payment for product delivered.....He was appealing to you professionally and asking for some re assurance.
Chris if you did send the check, and it just got lost in the mail or whatever, then I sincerely apologize for my comments.... If Jeff still hasn't recieved payment, maybe you can research the check # with your wife tonight, cancel the previously issued check and rush him payment to solve the situation.

MudPumper
03-17-2004, 04:35 PM
"Sorry about that up yours nigger" Blazing Saddles

THATJEFFGUY
03-17-2004, 05:24 PM
I just had time to get caught up on the posts and was surprised to see a response from Chris Winn regarding this. Well I must say, that was extremely commendable of Chris to take the time and explain his unfortunate situation to us. Even though I still haven't received a check, I'm sure that if he truly intended on NOT sending it, he probably would have never responded publicly to the posts. So when you see Chris at Havasu this weekend, just give him and Grandma a "thumbs up"....don't go taking his brand new canopy from him...YET ! On a positive note, I figured this will save me quite a bit of money this summer on beer...just make sure you have plenty of ice cold CL's for me Chris, I get pretty damn thirsty ! Again, thanks for the explanation Chris...and even though it wasn't totally undeserved, sorry you had to take such a beating on the boards. Now that "the check's in the mail" again...I'll be camping out by the mailbox waiting. I'll keep everyone posted !
In lieu of all the hassle....free canopies for everyone !

RiverToysJas
03-17-2004, 05:37 PM
In lieu of all the hassle....free canopies for everyone !
Now we have a truely positive outcome! ;)
I'll take one at that price, just like Chris's only White with Red flames!!! :D

THATJEFFGUY
03-17-2004, 05:40 PM
RTJas...I will start on your free Red/White flamed canopy tomorrow and will ship it on Friday. The shipping cost will be $399...I will be waiting for your check !

phebus
03-17-2004, 05:51 PM
Hell Jeff. after what you have been through I'll buy both you, and Chris a beer. :D

GlastronGuy
03-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
I've been pretty lucky so far, but like Jeff I have been a little too trustworthy..
Shit one of the guys on the boards called me the other day telling me that I hadn't run his card yet...:eek: :D
You sent me a case of something (banana plugs? I don't remember) when I was only supposed to get 5 or six. I sent the extras back.
:)

ROZ
03-17-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by GlastronGuy
You sent me a case of something (banana plugs? I don't remember) when I was only supposed to get 5 or six. I sent the extras back.
:)
Yup, I remember... A class act all the way! Karma will pay you back two fold... Now hurry up and get that lotto ticket! :D

Jrocket
03-17-2004, 08:59 PM
Ahhh this is bull shit,lets hang him anyways!Been along time since we hung a man in here!

Jordy
03-18-2004, 07:05 AM
Git a rope. :cool:

Jordy
03-18-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by MudPumper
"Sorry about that up yours nigger" Blazing Saddles
Nobody moves or the nigger gets it. :D
I hired you people to try to get a little track laid, not to jump around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots.

Dave C
03-18-2004, 08:56 AM
board members are "QUICK TO JUDGE" is the understatement of the year.
IMO I think if Chris pays up, the entire lynch mob owes Chris an apology for the public lynching.......
The lynch mob in here sucks IMO. Kick the poor man when he is down.
BTW I still don't like Raider fans...;)

Jordy
03-18-2004, 09:12 AM
OK, that's it. Get another rope. We're having a DOUBLE lynchin'... :D

Steamin' Rice
03-18-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by ROZ
I've been pretty lucky so far, but like Jeff I have been a little too trustworthy..
Did I ever tell you that when I went to pick up my gear at the Riverside store a couple of years ago that the invoice was already marked as paid in the system? The guys at the shop thought I had already paid the bill and were going to let me drive off with a few $k in equipment for free...Being the nice guy that I am, I told them that I hadn't paid yet and coughed up the money. :D

HighRoller
03-18-2004, 09:41 AM
I'll save my apology for when Jeff let's us know the check cleared the bank...Nothin' personal.

mirvin
03-18-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Dave C
IMO I think if Chris pays up, the entire lynch mob owes Chris an apology for the public lynching.......
The lynch mob in here sucks IMO. Kick the poor man when he is down.
BTW I still don't like Raider fans...;)
Come on now Dave C. THe board wasn't any quicker to judge then Chris was slow to pay. Just cuz he has a commendable reason for being late doesn't make him un-late?
I don't feel bad for anything I said. It's just the nature of the boards.
mirvin

THATJEFFGUY
03-18-2004, 11:08 AM
http://members.aol.com/coolcovercanopy/thanks
Damn, I feel like a Welfare Mama now...my check, my check !!
Yep, I just got Chris' check in today's mail....better late than never I guess ! Thanks Chris.
And HighRoller..let's hope THAT doesn't happen..now you got me a little skerred !
...on my way to the bank ;)
Wow...after my "FREE CANOPIES FOR EVERYONE" post yesterday..I thought sure I'd have some takers...anyone ??

mirvin
03-18-2004, 11:15 AM
See Jeff, we're all afraid that you'll give it too us for free, but then send us a bill and post about how we're not paying!!:D ;)
I'd like a bow and cabin cover thingy. Do you do those?
mirvin

Tom Brown
03-18-2004, 11:34 AM
WTF? The guy was a month late.
Do you think my mortgage company would have been OK with not getting any money for a few months while I was in the hospital with cancer? Get real. It's a tough world but it's not so bad when you have people who care about you to help you through.
Dave, if you're quick to judge us for being quick to judge Chris, how about being quick to pat us on the back for forgiving Chris? Watch how generous the people here are toward Chris and how anxious they are to appreciate his situation and help him feel welcome again. That's got to be worth a quick judgment too... no?
Chris:
I have a lot of respect for the way you stood up like a man and made the situation right. Thanks for the inspiration. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif
-- Tom :)

Waldo
03-18-2004, 11:37 AM
JEFF, I will be taking you up on your free offer FOSHIZZLE! Shipping's kind of high though...
As soon as I get those samples I'll be making my decision on color! 99% I'll be going with the 10x15.
BTW - Do you take checks???:D :D :D :D

Mandelon
03-18-2004, 01:45 PM
I'm thinkin' Chris should change his board name to "That Canopy Misunderstanding Guy" :D :D

RiverToysJas
03-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Yep, I just got Chris' check in today's mail....better late than never I guess ! Thanks Chris.
Did it clear? http://op6c.com/forums/html/emoticons/huh.gif
RTJas :D <- just cauzin' trouble! :D :D :D

OGShocker
03-18-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
I'm thinkin' Chris should change his board name to "That Canopy Misunderstanding Guy" :D :D
LMAO! That was just plain a$$ funny....

NastyOne
03-18-2004, 02:28 PM
but i'm still pissed off he was late. Great story.... it made me cry:(
Jeff you held up your end of the deal and he didnt. Regardless of the circumstances. You shouldnt have to beg to get your money and thank him when you get it a month late. Id tell him thanks for nothin bitch!:yuk:
Nasty (Still extremely pissed off) One

Ducatista
03-18-2004, 02:33 PM
The funny thing now is the poor guy(Chris) won't want to use that damn canopy now for fear of " the lynch mob." It's too well known now, kinda like a wanted poster with your face on it all over town! Thats ok CW, we are a forgiving bunch & because most of use drink we won't even remember this in a couple of days!;)

THATJEFFGUY
03-18-2004, 03:48 PM
Waldo...the samples went out yesterday..so let me know !
Hey guy...even thought it was a major pain in the ass, I forgave Chris when he made good on the check. You guys should forgive him also...but I'd still make him buy the beers this summer !!
And I know I caught alot of shit last time for this particular design...but it's popular as hell and everyone seems to be ordering them !! So I'm not trying to offend anyone...I just make what the customer wants !
http://members.aol.com/coolcovercanopy/red_black

mirvin
03-18-2004, 04:07 PM
What's the deal with the Iron Cross? People think it's Nazi or something? It doesn't bother me. It's alot like a celtic cross isn't it? So many questions.....
Anyone?
mirvin

LASERRAY
03-18-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
What's the deal with the Iron Cross? People think it's Nazi or something? It doesn't bother me. It's alot like a celtic cross isn't it? So many questions.....
Anyone?
mirvin Before Hitler, there was a swastika inside of an iron cross. When Hitler took over, he took the swastika only, reversed it and made it the symbol of the Nazi party. So the two are forever linked for the worst.

mirvin
03-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Before Hitler, there was a swastika inside of an iron cross. When Hitler took over, he took the swastika only, reversed it and made it the symbol of the Nazi party. So the two are forever linked for the worst.
SO it's a pre Hitler thing? I can live with that. Or should we not drive Porche's and VW's?
Too bad about the swastika:( It was around way before Hitler and it was a postive sign;)
mirvin

LASERRAY
03-18-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
SO it's a pre Hitler thing? I can live with that. Or should we not drive Porche's and VW's?
Too bad about the swastika:( It was around way before Hitler and it was a postive sign;)
mirvin I wonder if the original emblem as I described it would be ok with the easily offended. It's pre-Hitler so why not?

Dave C
03-18-2004, 04:41 PM
boy you fockers are mean, insensitive pricks! (Don't get me wrong, thats a term of endearment.) :D
his situation isn't an "excuse" for late payment. BUT come on now, there seems to be adequate mitigating circumstances here....
way to kick a guy why he is down (not that its a bad thing either)
;)

Jrocket
03-18-2004, 04:53 PM
Paid in full yet?

BUSTI
03-18-2004, 05:02 PM
I am NOT offended by the iron cross however I can see how it would be offensive to some. The pre-Hitler explanation is BS because the people that are ordering the iron cross only know of it because of Hitlers use of it! Or they saw it popularized by bikers who used it because of Hitlers use of it. Same for the swastika, regarless of its inverted history its an emblem that nobody would use in any form or care about if Hitler had not used it.
If your family had been killed by the infamous wearers of the iron cross and or the swastika I could see how some people would be sensitive to it. Just like wearing a sheet over your head with eye holes cut out. I notice that nobody other than kids at halloween playing casper the ghost, run around with a sheet draped over their head as anything funny or representative of group...for fear of being associated with the kkk.
Just like I think its stupid for anybody to display the confederate flag. That flag represented the losing side of a group that were racists at the point of gun, that owned other human beings as animals and it represents a group of seditious traitous scum that tried to destroy this country!
Thats just my opinion and if I were you Jeff my personal values would prevent me from producing any Nazi insignias. Regardless of the demand for them or the money they would pay me for them!
Just like I would not make any canopys with the commie bastard insignia of the hammer and the sickle which is the same as Nazi shit!
However I am happy to see Jeff got his money!

LASERRAY
03-18-2004, 05:08 PM
boy you fockers are mean, insensitive pricks! (Don't get me wrong, thats a term of endearment.) :D
his situation isn't an "excuse" for late payment. BUT come on now, there seems to be adequate mitigating circumstances here....
way to kick a guy why he is down (not that its a bad thing either)
;) Nothing like pileing-on!:wink:
In defense of myself and the others that took-up jeff's defense, we were just supporting a fellow boater that stuck his neck out for another fellow boater who, as it turned-out, had a situation that nobody could have imagined. So, to now be critical of the way people reacted to the information given them initially is un-just IMHO. my .02. ;) :cool:

Chris Winn
03-18-2004, 05:24 PM
i can understand all of the opinions presented on the board, just as i said in my statement, i am not asking for any pity, i gave the information out on my situation mearly to let everyone know i am not a bad guy. i took the responsibility, and have made good on it. i do not expect the appoligise (sp), but it is good to know from people that they understand the situation and that we are square.
i have too much going on right now with my other things, and i am really a priavte person who doesn't like to talk about problems. it would just be nice at this point if all is good now, i am trying to get out to havasu this weekend, but i need to find an way to get care for someone with needs. if you see me out there this weekend, please feel free to stop by, a beer will be on me.
thanks,
chris

little rowe boat
03-18-2004, 05:26 PM
It's a done deal lets forget about it.:cool:

Chris Winn
03-18-2004, 05:28 PM
thank you,
please come 1 at a time for beers, i might have to reload often:)

THATJEFFGUY
03-18-2004, 09:07 PM
Busti...yeah you're exactly right...screw the customer ! I better stop making those iron cross canopies cuz it may offend someone. Sorry, but if they don't like them - they don't have to buy them. Again, the iron cross has many meanings, and everyone's entiled to their own opinion. I'm actually in business to make money...not to make a point and try to be politically correct. So..I'm STILL taking orders for Iron Cross canopies !!

LASERRAY
03-18-2004, 11:16 PM
Busti...yeah you're exactly right...screw the customer ! I better stop making those iron cross canopies cuz it may offend someone. Sorry, but if they don't like them - they don't have to buy them. Again, the iron cross has many meanings, and everyone's entiled to their own opinion. I'm actually in business to make money...not to make a point and try to be politically correct. So..I'm STILL taking orders for Iron Cross canopies !! Good for you Jeff. It's refreshing to see a business owner with a set of balls that won't cave-in to the P.C. pussys. Keep up the good work.:cool:

dc96819
03-18-2004, 11:36 PM
Custom items get 40% down,business first:)

RiverToysJas
03-19-2004, 07:02 AM
RTJas...I will start on your free Red/White flamed canopy tomorrow and will ship it on Friday. The shipping cost will be $399...I will be waiting for your check !
No shipping, I'll be picking it up. ;)
Thanks!

THATJEFFGUY
03-19-2004, 07:21 AM
Sorry RTJas..shipping is a must.

RiverToysJas
03-19-2004, 08:39 AM
Sorry RTJas..shipping is a must.
Well I have no choice but to cancel my order then. We don't receive packages due to domestic terrorism conserns. ;)

THATJEFFGUY
03-19-2004, 09:17 AM
I know what you mean ! I don't allow customer pickups at my shop for the same reason.

hd&boatrider
03-19-2004, 10:36 AM
I just know read some of this thread....damn. Alls well that ends well though.
Just a suggestion Jeff....Now that this is settled you may want to consider deleting the thread (yes you can do that by deleting your first post) so as not to have this continue to be brought up again and again. I have done it a couple of times after I have had the problem solved.
Glad everything worked out

roostwear
03-19-2004, 11:13 AM
Just a little clarification about the "iron cross". It's actually called a Maltese Cross, and it's origins in Germany go back to Kaiser Wilhelm before WWI. I guess with Americans being the historical scolars we are, anything German equates to Nazi.
This concludes this portion of History 101. :rolleyes: :D

riverbound
03-19-2004, 11:21 AM
we sell iron cross billet accesories at my shop and most of the people that buy this stuff are the same ones that are at walmart buying west coast chopper stickers. The iron cross to most people means nothing other than a trend. If it does offend you dont look at it.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-19-2004, 01:10 PM
I agree. If people keep buying them, Jeff, keep making them. If someone is offended, they don't have to look at it. I'm so sick of crybabies stating that a symbol hurt thier feelings. Our government isn't allowed to have symbols that offend people, like the confederate flag, but any person can and that is his or her perogative. Check out the new sig line.
p.s. I don't mean to highjack the topic, couldn't help myself

BUSTI
03-19-2004, 01:46 PM
Jeff,
Don't be so sensitive...I never suggested you screw your customers. I just commented on insignias. Good for you that want to make money! Its the most important reason to go into business. For those of you that read my posts regularly you know I am the farthest thing to a politically correct person. I am a true Libertarian from the late 60's who believes in freedom first no matter how offensive it is to people. We all have the right to be offensive. I was just saying to many people these insignias are offensive and as I believe you have the right to produce them as your customers want them I have the right to comment on them...its called freedom! Go for it its your free right to do so and I am the last person to suggest you should not make money...I just said that my opinion of these insignias is driven by my values and as such would prevent me from making them.
Its not that I wouldn't make them just because I would be afraid of offending somebody or because of what somebody would think of me...because I don't care what people think of me. I can't control what people think...I can only control my own actions. And what ....I..... think of those insignias to me is what is important to me not what my customers think of them. Personal freedom is what it is all about!
And RiverDave thank you...me and mine are pretty good people! We are honest hard working guys who say what we mean and do what we say. I found you to be the same. I would do business with you again and I appreciated your help with my boat.
And Jeff don't be offened with my attitude towards what I think is Nazi emblems. Because when I order my 10x15 canopy from you I am sure that I will be very happy with it and I assure you when I pick mine up I will have your cash ready for you COD! Thats how I do bizz and I respect the way you say what you mean and you do what you say...you deliver!

Waldo
03-19-2004, 02:32 PM
I just got off the phone with Jeff. I ordered my 10x15. He was very helpful with design and answered all my questions. No, I didn't go with the maltese cross...not my thing but he'll make what anyone wants and that's good biz to me.
On a side note, I offered to send him half the $ now and then pay the rest when I pick it up. He was cool with that and as the saying goes...."check's in the mail".:D :D :D :D

Dave C
03-19-2004, 04:34 PM
can you get a canopy with a big fat middle finger on it?????
If so can I get can this statement in front of it:
"If this somehow offend's your P.C. ass then"...... (insert middle finger here).....
that would be cool. right?

LASERRAY
03-19-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by roostwear
Just a little clarification about the "iron cross". It's actually called a Maltese Cross, and it's origins in Germany go back to Kaiser Wilhelm before WWI. I guess with Americans being the historical scolars we are, anything German equates to Nazi.
This concludes this portion of History 101. :rolleyes: :D Thanks for the clarification roost. You just increased the collective iq. of the room a point or two.:)