PDA

View Full Version : Lookin in Havisu

Garrddogg
03-12-2004, 07:02 AM
Hi Hot Boat :
First time poster
Long time Lurker
Im looking for a place (house) in havisu what kind of things should I look for,or look out for, North,Central or South side? Close to river or river view?(want to own the dirt too!)Going to be headin over there in a few weeks but whatever I can do to help refine my search untill then,also with a with a 26 footer on order I would want a very secure place to keep it.
Im thinkin
3 Bedroom
2 or 3 bath
pool & spa
also somewhat appealing to weekend renters (maybe)
Tax,insurance,gas vs electric,city sewer or septic tank?
many things to think about your advise,pionters and input
would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Gary.

TrojanDan
03-12-2004, 08:54 AM
Welcome to the boards. Depending on the kind of $$$ you have, you may be a day late and a dollar short. Property values just like here in the SGV have shot thru the roof in the last year or so. You're probably looking in the $275k+ range (with no view) if you want a 3 bed/2 bath pool and spa home. Do a search with the many different realty companys in Havasu (McCulloch Realty being one) just to prepare you for the sticker shock! Good luck.
BTW.....Lake Havasu Sur is the place!

summerlove
03-12-2004, 09:22 AM
Trojan Dan is right on -- try this link (http://www.lakehavasuvacationrentals.com/Templates/Includes/Frame.asp?Page=http://www.havasurealtors.com/vw_mls.php3)
By going there you can get a pretty good idea of what you're looking for. Also, call Michelle (WARLOCK25) on these boards, she's a great gal and will be happy to help you out. You can reach her at: michele@lakehavasuhomes.net
good luck!

Garrddogg
03-12-2004, 01:13 PM
Thanks, I think you guys are right, I'm gonna head out there after work,(see what i can find)
Again Thanks guys
Gary

roln 20s
03-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Kachina- check your PM.
Roln 20s

Sun burners
03-12-2004, 02:12 PM
BOAT DEEP GARAGE with a house attached!

Ziggy
03-12-2004, 06:03 PM
Try this link (http://www.realtor.com) to search for specific price and desires....record the listing numbers and give them to Michelle to research for you. I found mine that way and it worked out great.

shueman
03-12-2004, 08:39 PM
Here's the Havasu MLS Service search page:
http://www.havasurealtors.com/vw_gre.php
Prices have diffently tripled in the last 5 years. We had our place, 1350sqft 3bd 2ba, built 5 years ago for $75k, lot and all. It will cost you that just for the dirt today.
It was recommended by a local realtor/friend to look for land with a well. Water will be very costly in the near future as the city continues to expand.

shueman
03-12-2004, 08:41 PM
Another place to browse property:
http://www.garyharlow.com/mls_frame.html
Covers from Bullhead, South. We're looking at Golden Shores for space and value.
Good Luck..!!

SoCalOffshore
03-13-2004, 10:08 AM
"Havasu"

mtndewdrops
03-13-2004, 09:11 PM
I would recommend looking for a 10-15 yrs old house without a view in the south. You will save $$$. Anything with a decent view is $300K and up.
#1 The first thing you want to concentrate on is the location...no major streets (culdesacs are most desireable), nice neighborhoods (pay attention to the cars parked outside).
#2 The lot size is next important... is there is room to add-on? Walled property is a plus, RV parking is a MAJOR resale item.
#3 Garage space. Minimum 2 Car garage 28-30 foot depth for boaters. Havasu is all about Garage square footage not House square footage. Swamp cooler or A/C in garage is a definate plus.
#4 Pool/Spa Gunite pools are good, pay attention to stains, tile breakage, pumps, filter equipment etc. Water changes are required once a year.
Septic System is always cheaper than sewer. You can go on-line with the city and find out the sewer expansion area. Swamp coolers are nice alternative to A/C until May or June.
Have the home inspected, including the pool. Check for Termites also.
Buy a 1 year homebuyers warranty for around $500. This covers many things that could go wrong in the first year.
My .03 worth...
Happy Hunting:)

SHAKEN Not Stirred
03-13-2004, 11:45 PM
House next door to me in Havasu.
New....
50' deep gargage, 3 car+
3 bed, don't know how many bath
North end of town & N Paloverde & Avalon....Nice area !!!
I think they want $240K
I will be going out next week if you want the number
PM me
CJG

Kilrtoy
03-13-2004, 11:50 PM
ARE YOU FUC$%# KIDDING
$275 K
for arizona dirt, this is becoming a joke.
I remember 75K for a HUGE house, only 5 years ago.
im sure there are people on this board that rememebr 20K for a house.
I guess I'm the dumb ass, I thought that was too much

SHAKEN Not Stirred
03-14-2004, 12:08 AM
I paid $170K 15 months ago for 2000 sqft.
3 bed 3 bath, 3 car gargage with 35' bay.
Now worth $250K or more !!!!!!!
I can't believe it either!!!!!
CJG

Garrddogg
03-14-2004, 05:43 PM
Socal thanks for the spell check
HAV A SU
tHANKS

SoCalOffshore
03-14-2004, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kilrtoy
ARE YOU FUC$%# KIDDING
$275 K
for arizona dirt, this is becoming a joke.
I guess I'm the dumb ass, I thought that was too much [/QUO
No different than what is going on here in So Cal.

BoatPI
03-16-2004, 02:13 PM
What is most likley the least expensive house in my neighborhood is on the market. It is a 3 br, 1763 Sq Ft part time view, 2 car garage w/ 8' door. PLUS at least a 150' deep lot graded for driveway, large enough for a rv garage, pool, plus whatever. it is about 8 or so years old. In White Sheet by broker owner at $230,000 (asking). This is an RE area, South Central with many houses at 500K and up.
Address is 2270 Souchak Drive, call Jeff Loomis RE, 928-486-2940. Seems like a sleeper to me.
I do not know the owner but since I live on the block this is value in my eyes.

That Guy
03-16-2004, 05:48 PM
We just bought a lot in havasu and used a really great realtor, Brenda Atkinson from Selman and Associates. She can be reached at 928 855-5555. Tell her that Steve and Denise sent you. She was referred to us by a friend and we were absolutely impressed with the hard work and effort she put in on our behalf.
Good luck...

Essex502
03-17-2004, 08:16 AM
And when you go to finance the lot/house purchase make sure you talk to Debbie Oster at River Valley Mortgage. She has done right by me!

Garrddogg
03-17-2004, 11:04 AM
Ok now lookin for a builder !anybody know any good builders?

al cole'holic
03-17-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
I guess I'm the dumb ass, I thought that was too much
...my mom remembers her parents paying $14k in 1967 for the house I bought in 2000 for $320k...:D

Essex502
03-17-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Kachina 26 Force
We just decided on a builder for our second house in LHC. We shopped builders until we were so confused at what we were looking at. Stop by River Valley Mortgage and get a copy of the Model Home Guide that is pages and pages of addresses of most of the builders who have model homes open.
Some of the bigger builders:
DBU (they have a website with floorplans)
Summit (which built our first LHC house and is going to do our second)
You really need to view and walk through the models as they vary dramatically.

River Gambler
03-17-2004, 02:39 PM
Our house will be done around four more weeks. Griffis Construction is a great builder, and easy to work with, not cheap, but willing to customize anything. They build a top notch house. The have a web site and the model is located on North Palo Verde just up from the high way. Mark is also willing to contract the whole project. For us this included retaining wall, fill dirt, pool, and a lot of extras and up grades.:D

TrojanDan
03-17-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Essex502
DBU (they have a website with floorplans)
You really need to view and walk through the models as they vary dramatically.
DBU built my home and I believe another HB member or two. Check out their website like Essex502 mentioned.
After my house was completed (on schedule), my punchlist was short with only 4 or 5 very minor items. Do an AZ contractor's license check to see if your builder in mind has any complaints on file.
And talk to Debbie at River Valley Mortgage for both construction and permanent financing. She's the real deal!
:cool:

Force 26 Kachina
03-18-2004, 08:35 AM
Thanks guys for all the input we're headin back out on friday,my offer on the lot was accepted so we have 15 days to get the contracts for the house and pool together (no preasure there)
OH YEA DID A LIL NAME CHANGE THING :D

victorfb
03-18-2004, 09:17 AM
if you buy a lot, is there a time/deadline you have to build and complete by? im looking for a lot that i can build on myself. some sub contracting, but for the most part owner builder. maybe i should be looking for a fixer upper then. are there any lots (on or near the water) below parker, from blyth on up, that you can own the land?

Mr.Havasu
03-18-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by victorfb
if you buy a lot, is there a time/deadline you have to build and complete by? im looking for a lot that i can build on myself. some sub contracting, but for the most part owner builder. maybe i should be looking for a fixer upper then. are there any lots (on or near the water) below parker, from blyth on up, that you can own the land?
If you own the lot there is no time frame to build. He has 15 days to wrap up his contract because he is doing a construction loan for lot and house package. So in order to justify the amount of the contract he has to have a home contracted to go on the lot.
I don't think there is anything below parker where you can own the land (Unless you are a native american) but I could be wrong, I'm more a havasu person.

victorfb
03-18-2004, 09:45 AM
thats basically what ive heard about the land below parker. we are going to be looking at a mobile on the island in havasu the 3rd. we like the lake but with an 18' jet it gets a bit scary out there. id hate to be limited to the 24' pontoon. we may look further up in the needles/laughlin/BHC area aswell. the mobile on the island is a friends so we have to take a looksee.

summerlove
03-18-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Kachina 26 Force
We bought our house as a resale, so we didn't go through the build process. I have a Bridgewater Home, and it is very nice. There # is 928-855-3658. I do not believe they are one of the "mass" builders at Havasu, but they do have a good reputation. I have a River Ridge next door to me and it is not nearly as nice as mine is for more $$$$. Could be a matter of cutting costs by the owner or less options by the buildser, I really don't know, I just do not like it as much as mine, but I know they do build an attractive home. Many on these boards have them.
This is my 1804 sq foot Bridgewater home with the garage at 40X36. If I was to build this house, I'd reverse the garages with the single garage on the inside and the double on the outside. Makes moving boats easier....Good luck and have fun!!!!http://www.oursummerlove.com/LAKEHAVASU94945.jpg
See what I mean about the garage.....just something to think about!
http://www.oursummerlove.com/HPIM0512.JPG

Force 26 Kachina
03-18-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by warlock25
If you own the lot there is no time frame to build. He has 15 days to wrap up his contract because he is doing a construction loan for lot and house package. So in order to justify the amount of the contract he has to have a home contracted to go on the lot.
I don't think there is anything below parker where you can own the land (Unless you are a native american) but I could be wrong, I'm more a havasu person. Thanks Michelle couldnt have said it better. see ya fri or sat,Gary

Force 26 Kachina
03-18-2004, 05:31 PM
Summer
I see what you mean thanks