PDA

View Full Version : Sand Bar Snacks & Lunch : what do you do..

carbonmarine
03-12-2004, 11:02 AM
I always have a bucket of Fried Chicken or Bean & Cheese Burritors w/ whole japaino's from that place by West Marine in town.... or sometimes just run up to Topoc for a Burger....
What do you do ???
Rick32

NastyOne
03-12-2004, 11:09 AM
Ooh ooh.... good thread. I am starving right now.
I usually have my buddies girlfried make me a turky sandwich. So freekin good. If you go to that Vons by the Dennies they have good pre-maid shit to take. I always stock up on whatever they have. Salads... burritoes... and anything that will make you shit your pants later.

GASHGAZER
03-12-2004, 11:12 AM
we go to the Pit Stop Deli at the Chevron on top of the bridge and order their ham or turkey sandwiches dry, and get all the other stuff on the side.... then when everyone around you is griping about food... break out a foot long (sandwich that is) and enjoy every bite with an ice cold silver bullet...
When I really think ahead, I break out the portagrill and make Costco burgers with all the fixin's

welk2party
03-12-2004, 11:27 AM
Mostly bring bagels with cream cheese and ham. Filling, and they stay nice in ziplocs.;)

NastyOne
03-12-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by welk2party
Mostly bring bagels with cream cheese and ham. Filling, and they stay nice in ziplocs.;)
That sounds good. I will have to try that.

syke-o
03-12-2004, 11:31 AM
many times we go to the store and buy a loaf of bread, some PB&J, some lunch meat and a bottle of mustard..... we of course accompnay that with an assortment of chips, as well as a ton of beer!!!

chub
03-12-2004, 11:34 AM
We usually make tuna or chicken salad sandwiches. On special occasions we bring out the grill and I make my famous pork butt.

mbrown2
03-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Go to Safeway and get a Bag of the Potatoe Wedges and a Bag of the Breaded Chicken Strips from the Hot Deli....shit kicks ass out on the boat and its not too messy....Parker or Havasu; they both taste the same..

TrojanDan
03-12-2004, 11:45 AM
Bashas premade sandwiches! They will cut up their monster 18" sandwiches and make three sections out of it. Then double bag it to keep the water out.

carbonmarine
03-12-2004, 11:46 AM
Its just sounds freaky, but actually a can of Sardines in chili oil on carr's crackers with fresh oinions, hearts of palm & Ice Cold Coor's light is pretty damn good too !!!!
Those canned smoked mussel's aren't too bad a dealio either !
Rick32

UnionJack
03-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Any type of pre-cooked chichen is good, and then all you need is beer, I am so excited for the weekend

Scream
03-12-2004, 11:59 AM
I've got a great wife, she always packs us plenty of sandwiches, chips, jerky, snacks for a daylong trip regardless of where we're going. I've got it made.
for beverages, we usually fill up the ice chest full and keep an extra 12er on the side to refill...It'll get cold eventually.
Now that I've got a bigger boat, I'll be able to carry more of everything.

Forkin' Crazy
03-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by carbonmarine
Its just sounds freaky, but actually a can of Sardines in chili oil on carr's crackers with fresh oinions..........................
Rick32
Around here they call that birth control...LOL!:D

Angie
03-12-2004, 12:27 PM
Does Parrot Bay and Keystone Light count as food?

mike37
03-12-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by MartiniQueeni
boos of any kind counts as food for me

Laveyman
03-12-2004, 12:47 PM
My favorite is "BIG BLOCK BURRITOS." Shauna at Laveycraft came up with this one. Make or buy your favorite burritos and double wrap them in foil. As you're out crusing around, wedge them on top of the intake manifold of your motor. After about a half hour or so, pull into your favorite lunching spot, ad viola!!! Hot burritos on the water. Have done this several times and it works great!

welk2party
03-12-2004, 01:28 PM
My favorite is "BIG BLOCK BURRITOS." Shauna at Laveycraft came up with this one. Make or buy your favorite burritos and double wrap them in foil. As you're out crusing around, wedge them on top of the intake manifold of your motor. After about a half hour or so, pull into your favorite lunching spot, ad viola!!! Hot burritos on the water. Have done this several times and it works great!
Cooking with engines....NICE:cool: :)

MudPumper
03-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Laveyman
And they are good for about 5HP each!!!! LOL

carbonmarine
03-12-2004, 01:39 PM
I like that, " BIG BLOCK BURRITO'S "..........classic... I knew something kuel woudl come of this thread......
Rick32

Laveyman
03-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by MudPumper
And they are good for about 5HP each!!!! LOL
Depends on how many frijoles ya cram in that tortilla!!! Then yer burning HIGH OCTANE!!!
FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!

Dave C
03-12-2004, 01:49 PM
thats great lavey.
"italian" sandwiches, chips, crackers, soda.
If we have a BBQ on board, Aidells or polska.
also party favorite pineapple or watermelon swimming in vodka.. ummmm

Mrs. Restless22
03-12-2004, 01:53 PM
Dave when have you had a bbq on board? WTF!! How come you didnt tell me....:p :D

PlyaPlya22
03-12-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by MartiniQueeni
Hey Queeni! where you guys been hiding these days?

DeltaSigBoater
03-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Most the time we take out last night's dinner that didnt get eaten, because we were
A) to tired to eat
B) too drunk
C) all the above
Most of you know what I'm talking about ;)

Sun burners
03-12-2004, 02:09 PM
SPAM>>> KMB Beef Jerky!!!
If you open a bag up you wont have any crumbs or leftovers!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
03-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
how far is topic past the sandbar?
Topock is about a 15 minute boat ride past the sandbar. Maybe less. Depends on how fast you're driving I guess.

Ivan Dan
03-12-2004, 04:11 PM
Bad Post....SORRY
www.DanKaatz.com

Kachina26
03-12-2004, 04:15 PM
Bashes chicken!!

LASERRAY
03-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Oysters and Beer.

Dave C
03-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Shawna,
your supposed to bring the BBQ!.
remember those patio boats we rented with the BBQ's.... thats the shizznizzle......

little rowe boat
03-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Roast beef or turkey sandwiches,chips,beef jerky and cold beer.

TheEduKATor
03-12-2004, 06:57 PM
My bro and I got the Fire & Ice BBQ and ice chest deal a couple years back. The BBQ is a perfect fit in the right front sponson storage area. It's all propane. My bro made a custom BBQ cooking platform that mounts over the front of the open bow area. We take nothing less than 10 pounds of Carne Asada, tortillas, salsa, chicken and all the trimmings plus the sandwhich goodies. Right before it starts to get dark, the grill comes out and it's cooking time. I think everyone has got used to my cooking ritual and looks forward to eating time. Plus, we get to spend more time on the water and are never have empty stomachs. Last memorial I made $200 dollars selling food to a deck boat full of first timers who only brought alcohol and not even chips or a sandwhich. Some of the women on that boat were getting sick from not eating so Ms. EduKATor gave them free sandwhiches, but then their guy friends caught a smell of the carne asada cooking. I wasn't about to give that up for free with almost 20 people on that big red Nautical In Deck Boat rental we made a killing. It paid for our alcohol tab at mudsharks.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/550grill-med.jpg

Mandelon
03-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Follow around HDD and eat fish tacos! :D :D

phebus
03-12-2004, 09:36 PM
We usually just drink all day, then pull up in the channel and order a pizza from Papa Leones and let them deliver it down to our boat. It gives us a chance to sober up and avoid the end of the day crunch at the launch ramp, while filling up our stomachs. Nothing like beer and pizza farts for later, the best. :D