PDA

View Full Version : My apologies

Kwicherbichen
03-12-2004, 07:29 PM
My apologies to those who have tried to access Kwicherbichen.com today. For some reason my jnjhost.com server is down and it's being worked on by some techies.
If you have difficulty accessing other sites I have made they are down for the same reason.

SLO POKE
03-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Is your new site that everyone needs to re register for down also?

RiverToysJas
03-12-2004, 07:38 PM
Rivertoys.com and OP6C.com are in the same boat with you Brian!!!
I hope it comes around soon.....Rivertoys has only been effected in the last few hours, OP6 has been down all day.
RTJas :(

Kwicherbichen
03-12-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by SLO POKE
Is your new site that everyone needs to re register for down also?
Everything is down, old and new. All of the other sites I built are down too hotboatpics.com, inlandultraboats.com, walts***boat.com and so on.
The internet was acting funky all day to day. Hotmail was down for a while and so was PayPal.
I just hope that they are able to fix this problem in a reasonable amount of time.

jlnorthrup122
03-12-2004, 08:32 PM
Holyshit how you doin Brian The freeagent will have to hit the KB forum later! so whats new with you? Not alot here the cat project is earning its name procrastinations or should I say Joint banking!!!:mad: :D OH well gives me plenty of time to inovate!!

Kwicherbichen
03-12-2004, 09:02 PM
Just got off the phone with Sean the owner of JNJHOST. Apparently numerous servers that use cpanel were hit by hackers and corrupted the server.
As we speak the server is being restored and it should be fine by the morning. However, those of us using PHP/SQL databased sites may be at a loss. Not sure yet, have to wait until the morning.

Mandelon
03-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Well we honestly should be proud and grateful that ***boat has remained up, and only slightly compromised in these trying times....

jlnorthrup122
03-12-2004, 09:09 PM
Yeah are your gremlens not working either?:confused:

Kwicherbichen
03-12-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by jlnorthrup122
Yeah are your gremlens not working either?:confused:
The gremlins have totally f'd a lot of us today

RiverToysJas
03-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Kwicherbichen
Just got off the phone with Sean the owner of JNJHOST. Apparently numerous servers that use cpanel were hit by hackers and corrupted the server.
As we speak the server is being restored and it should be fine by the morning. However, those of us using PHP/SQL databased sites may be at a loss. Not sure yet, have to wait until the morning.
Sucks, but Thanks for the update!!!
RTJas

Kwicherbichen
03-12-2004, 09:27 PM
You're welcome. Personally I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my site isn't a loss. I just redid the whole thing as a database. Not much of it was backed up because much was being done on the fly.

RiverToysJas
03-12-2004, 09:35 PM
I'm just worried about the OP6 message board, but it's probably got a recent back-up. I'd hope anyway.... :eek:

SLO POKE
03-12-2004, 10:17 PM
ALL my postes on your new site that every one should go and reregister at to see your new site...are gone?

roostwear
03-12-2004, 11:09 PM
Seems like JnJ is down a bit more than I'm comfortable with. I'm using the same hosting for a new site that I use for Roostwear. Thenagain, I don't think ANY host is up as much as I want (100%).

RiverToysJas
03-13-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by roostwear
Seems like JnJ is down a bit more than I'm comfortable with. I'm using the same hosting for a new site that I use for Roostwear. Thenagain, I don't think ANY host is up as much as I want (100%).
JNJ has been extremely reliable for me. To my knowledge neither Rivertoys nor OP6 have been down for any server or hosting related problems since the big server switch-over early last year. It's been a great service for my.
RTJas :D

RiverToysJas
03-13-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Knuckle head
Now that is owned by a new person I hope it stays the same
BTW this is not a good start
I hear ya Bill!!! I'd be more conserned if it was something the new owner did to cause this, but the report (assuming it's accurate) is that Hackers correupted the cpanel servers. I also assume that would have happened no matter who owned JNJHost. So until I find out different, I'll give the new guy the benifit of the doubt.
RTJas :D

Kwicherbichen
03-13-2004, 02:28 PM
I spoke to Sean a few minutes ago. Server was restored last night and immediately went down again. They are in the process of a new restore as we speak.
Regarding the service at JNJhost, it's been excellent for me and has only been down for a day the time they did the big server switch. Other than that, which I was informed of ahead of time, I have been up at 100%. This particular incident wasn't something Sean (new owner) could have prevented. He was basically handed the football then hit by a massive linebacker.
I'm going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt for now and see where we go.

502procharger
03-13-2004, 06:46 PM
i am in the same boat, no one told me chris sold it, would have been nice to know, chris was great to me.

Kim Hanson
03-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Really great to The original HavasuBarney Board also, whatever!....( . )( . ).....I know that name

Kwicherbichen
03-13-2004, 11:14 PM
I didn't get notice until the day before the crash actually. I happen to email Chris because I have two sites that need hosting now and a couple more that will need it in the near future. I would have appreciated a little heads up too.
As for the future of rates, I have no idea what so ever. I'm basically as lost as all the other sites that are down. I just happen to get a hold of the guy to find out what the deal is. Has anyone else called him to get a status? Were fixing to go into day 3 of the crash and it's starting to concern me.
I may have another host lined up by tomorrow for the sites I built but I hate to see those folks lose money because they needed to jump ship.

Kwicherbichen
03-14-2004, 01:59 AM
Looks like many of the sites are back up now. Mine is up too except you will need to access it at http://www.kwicherbichens.com because the alternative http://www.kwicherbichen.com is not connecting

beer hunter
03-14-2004, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Kwicherbichen
Looks like many of the sites are back up now. Mine is up too except you will need to access it at http://www.kwicherbichens.com because the alternative http://www.kwicherbichen.com is not connecting
Great news!!!! Was there any damage or was anything lost on your site? :)

RiverToysJas
03-14-2004, 07:35 AM
My sites are all back up and 100%. Even PMs sent in the OP6 forum, minutes before the crash seem to have gone through!!!
I guess I can go back to what I was doing.... http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/2/character41.gif ...
RTJas http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/4/character02.gif

SLO POKE
03-14-2004, 08:39 AM
People can go register on!lol