PDA

View Full Version : How To Start A Web Site???

DansBlown73Nordic
03-13-2004, 12:32 AM
Can anyone tell me how I would go about starting a web site? It just needs to be a small site....Any help would be appreciated.

ROZ
03-13-2004, 01:31 AM
Well you have the first step already done.. You're on the internet...lol

gottaminute?
03-13-2004, 02:16 AM
i have always had the best luck by giving it a little choke then pulling the rope 2 maybe 3 times then switch the ignition on and 1 more pull your up and running....................oh wait a sec thats the lawnmower. bye
oh yeah on the web site DO NOT and iI repeat DO NOT use starting fluid. It's real hard on software
sorry, I think i've been up too long
Pat

BigBoyToys
03-13-2004, 04:31 AM
Dan, first you have to figure out if you want your own domain name like www.yourname.com or if you just want to have a presence on the web, such at www.***boat.com/danspage.html. If it's just a presence, usually most internet service companies offer every customer enough space on their domain to make a little website. Contact your internet service provider about this. If you want your own domain name, find a web hosting company, pay and register your domain name, and pay for your web hosting service.
After the above is decided as to which way to go, you simply build a webpage and FTP it to the appropriate place (your hosting company can help you with that one).
To build a webpage is fairly easy for a simple one. Basically, most browser have a builtin web page creation tool. If your doesn't, you can download one of many free Web Page making software all over the internet. There are alot of good ones out there. My favorite downloading place is www.download.com My preference for beginners, is the Netscape Communicator Composer program. Just simply click on the Communicator button and choose composer and you're off and running. You do not need to know any programming languages to do this. It is basically a type and insert type of thing.
Hope all this helps. Good luck

SLO POKE
03-13-2004, 07:39 AM
Y ou should find a very good host! baybe one that dosent go down for two days!

Mandelon
03-13-2004, 08:01 AM
Call Kwicherbichen. He can do it for ya.

Kwicherbichen
03-13-2004, 02:44 PM
Not right now I can't. I'm up to my ass in work. I may be able to offer some advice though.

BigBoyToys
03-13-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by SLO POKE
Y ou should find a very good host! baybe one that dosent go down for two days!
My website has been down for a total of 5 minutes over the last 4 years..... I'm fairly satisfied with that

Kim Hanson
03-13-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by BigBoyToys
My website has been down for a total of 5 minutes over the last 4 years..... I'm fairly satisfied with that
I'am happy with mine also, building is easy chit!.......( . )( . )...Down? What is that...lmao

DansBlown73Nordic
03-13-2004, 06:32 PM
I belong to a club. The other night they asked if anyone could start a web site.....I sorta raised my hand thinking someone could help me out......:)

Kim Hanson
03-13-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Dans66Stevens
I belong to a club. The other night they asked if anyone could start a web site.....I sorta raised my hand thinking someone could help me out......:)
I can help you, what do you want me to do? My # is in my profile, I can help you with what you want!Try this out
site builder (http://www.tripod.lycos.com/build/)