PDA

View Full Version : Onan Generator

Sandbar Junkies
03-13-2004, 01:20 PM
I have a old Onan Generator that I have had sitting around and the wife says it's time to go. It is a Onan 4000 Electric start gen. I don't know the year I bought to put in my motorhome and never did. Paid $500.00 dollars for it and its runs good. Will take any Reasonable offer.

v-drive
03-13-2004, 02:11 PM
Have you ever ran it? The reason I'm asking is because my father in law had that exact one in his motorhome and rarely used it when he sold the motorhome that was a selling feature. When the guy came it wouldn't start and it was almost $250 to get it going. The onan distributor said that is the one thing wrong with generators, they need to be ran on a regular basis . Just a little food for thought. :cool: v-drive

Sandbar Junkies
03-13-2004, 02:33 PM
I start it about once a year and always starts right up . As for running it I normally let it run about 10 min. then shut it down. I was going to use it in my motorhome and sold the motorhome instead.

Jungle Boy
03-13-2004, 03:07 PM
If I was closer, I'd be looking at it. I was planning to get a little gen-set for my new trailer. Was kind of looking at them super quite Hondas.

Flying Tiger
03-13-2004, 03:16 PM
If you get no bites try listing it:
americansandassociation.org
Plenty of Onan fans there looking for a bargain.

Sandbar Junkies
03-13-2004, 03:18 PM
the wife just wants it out of here. She keeps telling me you're never going to use it.