PDA

View Full Version : Bitz Hydro

cmiyw
03-14-2004, 01:16 PM
Anyone know anything about this brand????

Kim Hanson
03-14-2004, 01:25 PM
Are you talking about a Rick Blitz boat, all I know is that he's from British Columbia! He does build nice boat's though......( . )( . )......

RaysonKid
03-14-2004, 01:29 PM
I have heard that he is slow.
I believe his molds are someone else's old molds.
He is in B.C. Canada.

Hud
03-14-2004, 06:16 PM
I saw one of his boats @ Weavers Swap Meet today and it was a very nice boat!

cmiyw
03-14-2004, 06:36 PM
I aquired a 19.5 ft hydro hull a couple of years back. I have not done anything with it and am ready to get to work. I think it's simular to a Cole hull. I have all the parts in the running gear to get it togather, but I will probably need a bit of advice on particulars such as motor combo's, gearing, proping, etc. I hope I can get a bit of this info from members.
I'll get a picture and post it in the future........ I'll be out of town for a few days.
Thanks TJP

LakesOnly
03-14-2004, 07:09 PM
A lot of people are turning to Rick Bitz for hulls. i know a guy who went to WA this w/e to pick one up.
I am not sure, but I thought the mold came from Kurtis???
Bitz hulls are very well respected. And expensive.
LO

FLYTE RISK
03-14-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by LakesOnly
A lot of people are turning to Rick Bitz for hulls. i know a guy who went to WA this w/e to pick one up.
I am not sure, but I thought the mold came from Kurtis???
Bitz hulls are very well respected. And expensive.
LO Really and who is this information derived fiom??

Jr. bentpipes
03-14-2004, 08:37 PM
YEAH WHO????????????????

Kurtis500
03-14-2004, 10:45 PM
The Kurtis is a proven hydro hull, if its a copy/near copy it should be about the same. If its like a Cole, I think thats a splash from a Deaver. Same story there too.

1Bahnerjet
03-15-2004, 06:56 AM
Bitz Hydro
For Sale
DragBoats.Com
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/43Monday_March_15_2004.jpg

smalls
03-15-2004, 08:38 AM
This Tread is called Bitz Hydros???? LOL.....

Itsahobby
03-15-2004, 08:41 AM
I don't know a thing Bitz boats boats,
but I am digging this garage!!
Hobby
Originally posted by 1Bahnerjet
Bitz Hydro
For Sale
DragBoats.Com
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/43Monday_March_15_2004.jpg

126driver
03-15-2004, 08:47 AM
Yeah, that guy needs more cool stuff in his garage. He has nothing. ;) :D

BGMAN203
03-15-2004, 11:33 AM
That boat looks like the old Loose Cannon TFH.

Canso
03-18-2004, 11:09 PM
Bitz builds a great boat but watch your pocket book I've heard of boats taking years to build, I think he has pissed alot of people off in this industry so now he builds street rod bodies.

Jim Anderson
03-18-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by FLYTE RISK
Really and who is this information derived fiom??
I am glad you posted this. I was wondering the same thing. Let's hear about your Bitz info Lakes Only. I think you are talkin out your ass.

RiverCityJet
03-21-2004, 12:42 PM
:D Yea, what they said :D

Stuart Anderson
03-22-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Jim Anderson
I am glad you posted this. I was wondering the same thing. Let's hear about your Bitz info Lakes Only. I think you are talkin out your ass.
Hmmm. Nothing yet I see. Interesting.

jet4fun
03-22-2004, 01:08 PM
not trying to piss anyone off (because i am only repeating what i have heard, so i could be wrong), but from what i have heard all the various boats that bitz produces are exact splashes of other proven hulls. the way i understand it is that he is able to do an exact splash legally because he is not in the U.S. ... that been said i have absolutely no idea of how good his boats are... if what i have heard is true then obviously the only variable as to how good the boats are depends on how well he lays them up
i do know that the "abyss" boat that scarlata was running last year was a bitz hull. maybe someone could get in touch with him and see what he has to say about it

Jetboatguru
03-22-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by jet4fun
that been said i have absolutely no idea of how good his boats are... if what i have heard is true then obviously the only variable as to how good the boats are depends on how well he lays them up
i do know that the "abyss" boat that scarlata was running last year was a bitz hull. maybe someone could get in touch with him and see what he has to say about it
Well since you asked,
In my opinion, anybody that would even remotely consider doing business with Bitz needs to have a head examination. Quality product if you ever get it THAT'S IT!!!!!!!! The ABYSS is a Bitz. I had the boat built in 97 and put it in Looking for Liquid's hands. He rigged and set up the boat after countless hours of bottom work because the boat comes out of the mold very jacked up. The boat has since changed hands a couple of times and hauled ass. As of late though it was discovered that the floor had delaminated and seperated and the driver side stringer had detached.
Talk to Don Bausher or Jeff Walz or Roddy Blinzler about dealing with Bitz.
Good luck
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

superdave013
03-22-2004, 03:03 PM
I bought a few sets of gears from some dude that goes by pigbarnboats on e bay. I thought I was slick when I bought them through the backdoor so I'ed get them before a bidding war started.
This pigbarnboats guy said they were in great shape with no rust, pits or chips.
I sent the money to Blane Wa and waited, and waited, and waited.
They did come and Rick's name was the retrun on the box. I got one rusty ass set and one rusty ass set with big chunks out of the teeth. Both sets were junk.
Good to see others with REAL screen names chimming in. It might help out someone else someday.

cmiyw
03-22-2004, 04:47 PM
A pic of my project, ........ sounds as if a few of you are quite opinonated about this Bitz guy.......... no skin off my nose, I just happen to own one of his hulls ( bought it used ). Anyway, Like my original post said, I hope I can get some advice on gettig this thing back on the water. There are very few v-drives around here and even fewer on the water so getting local help is not easy.
Thanks TJP

cmiyw
03-22-2004, 04:50 PM
and another

Sangster
03-22-2004, 04:54 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=626798 :cool: :cool: :cool:http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=626802

superdave013
03-22-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by cmiyw
A pic of my project, ........ sounds as if a few of you are quite opinonated about this Bitz guy.......... no skin off my nose, I just happen to own one of his hulls ( bought it used ). Anyway, Like my original post said, I hope I can get some advice on gettig this thing back on the water. There are very few v-drives around here and even fewer on the water so getting local help is not easy.
Thanks TJP
lol
There is some really helpfull people here. Good source for used parts too. I'm sure any question you have can get taken care of.
Post pics of the progress and weclome to the DARKSIDE. :)

Kurtis500
03-22-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Sangster
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=626798 :cool: :cool: :cool:http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=626802
With that hiked up 'splash guard' it looks like a copy from a Hondo hydro.

LakesOnly
03-22-2004, 06:43 PM
Holy Toledo what's with all the negativity here towards my statement? I offered speculation in reply as to how Bitz derived his molds, and I get pounced on? Frankly, I don't see any of you nay-sayers having an answer as to how Bitz's hulls came to be.
I am not one to offer up anything as factual data unless I know it to be true, let alone my speculation posted earlier in this thread. This is even more true of my character when it comes down to a personal level, and I don't believe I know any of you doubters (and visa versa). Sheez.
But back to the original question: as it turns out I know two people that have Bitz Hydro hulls...they were both bought personally from Rick Bitz. The first is a direct splash off a Kurtis 501 and the second one is from a Kurtis 502.
Bitz makes more than these hulls now...he has a flat and some "Lake Rocket" hydro (as he calls it). Don't know where they come from, but the Bitz Hydros in question were a Kurtis in their previous lives.
LO

Sangster
03-22-2004, 06:53 PM
Lakes....How is Ray's '502" coming along....:cool: :cool: :cool:

cmiyw
03-22-2004, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the encouragement.......... as I work on it and get it cleaned up, I will keep the posts coming. I do have some basic questions........
1.) I beleive the gearing in the drive is 22%.... is that a reasonalble place to start with a naturally aspirated motor (Chevy... not sure of diplacement yet...... got sever block to work with)
2.) What type and pitch / diameter prop is right for this boat......... I know that it is variant on the motor and gearing but I have to start somewhere.....
3.) How do I tell what the casale drive is (angle etc.), is there a model # on it somewhere???
4.) What RPM do I need the Prop to turn to make the boat get out of the water????
I relize that most of these questions are intertwined in there answers but Is there a logical way to going about setting this up and making as few as mistakes as posible????
How do you post a pic........ not just a link ???
Thanks TJP

cmiyw
03-22-2004, 06:59 PM
Pic of the strut, prop not sure of size/ pitch will look next time I am at the shop....

Sangster
03-22-2004, 07:01 PM
Your best bet is to call Tom Bentley.....aka. "v-drive Tom" on the boards.....He's the man that can answer all your questions......I don't have his Ph# handy, but someone can post it ......:cool: :cool: :cool:

Sangster
03-22-2004, 07:04 PM
I would pop that strut off and get it Magnafluxed, that weld looks suspicious....
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=626963

superdave013
03-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Lakes, My comments have nothing to do with you.
I just got ripped off by a guy I bought some stuff from on an on-line internet transaction. Rick's name was on the box. I do know his rep and would have never sent any money if I knew it was him. The guy I was e-mailing back and forth said Ken C. Needless to say after he got my money I never hear from him again.

LakesOnly
03-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Sangster
Lakes....How is Ray's '502" coming along....:cool: :cool: :cool:
right on...for a minute there, I thought I was in the "Just Jets" section of the Forums...:D
LO

INEEDAV
03-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Here is Toms contact info. He's a great guy.
tom@menkensvdrives.com
Tom Bentley 530-885-0531
V-Drives--Prop Shafts--Propellers
www.menkensvdrives.com
Web site was down, not sure if it repaired yet.

LakesOnly
03-22-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
Lakes, My comments have nothing to do with you.
No worries, SD...never crossed my mind...:)
LO

502bitz
03-22-2004, 10:28 PM
Mike, here is the progress

FLYTE RISK
03-23-2004, 06:04 AM
My comments dont either, But I think guru said it all. And didnt ray have some delivery issues?:confused:

V-Drizzle
03-23-2004, 06:18 AM
Delivery problems from Bitz?

stix818
03-23-2004, 10:34 AM
I wouldn't recommend Bitz either. My old man attempted (couldn't use the damn thing) to get a capsule made and he ended up losing 6000 bucks. I with Tony on this one.

FLYTE RISK
03-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Oh yeah speakin of capsules, I was priveleged enough to see one And I gotta tell ya I would not feel safe in my pool in that thing!!!!! Sorry Lakes callin it how I saw it I again am with guru on this one.. :cool: :D But what do i know I have a slow old Hondo...:eek: :eek: :D

LakesOnly
03-23-2004, 05:35 PM
I replied to the original question in the thread, which was asking what we all know about the hulls.
My reply was simply about their origin and also how nice they are supposed to be.
I never went into Rick Bitz' business practices...nor do I dispute any comments from the other posts in regards to the business experiences shared here, as I've heard similar stories too.
LO

Sangster
03-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by 502bitz
Ray....Your gonna be "Pimpin"....... looks Bad Ass (http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=627236) :cool: :cool: :cool:
BTW Ray...You must have a very big camera to take a pics that big....:D :D :D

FLYTE RISK
03-24-2004, 09:03 PM
Hey sangster hows your deal coming along?? That chronic relief boat gonna be ready for needles??

smalls
03-24-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by 502bitz
Ray, The new boat looks SWEEEET!