PDA

View Full Version : Holley 2brl. ?

blown428fe
03-14-2004, 05:37 PM
Bought a parts truck and stripped it, it had a brand new holley 2brl. on it. I put it on my good truck and cant seem to lean it out. Truck is loading up and running like shit. Float level is good , idel mixture srews dont seem to be doing shit. Any help?Thanks.

GofastRacer
03-14-2004, 07:55 PM
Put a new power valve in!..

blown428fe
03-14-2004, 08:04 PM
Thanks, Ill get one in the morning.

Rexone
03-14-2004, 08:08 PM
If it sat around with old gas it could be varnished up too. Might need a rebuild / cleaning in that case.

Hotcrusader76
03-15-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by blown428fe
Bought a parts truck and stripped it, it had a brand new holley 2brl. on it. I put it on my good truck and cant seem to lean it out. Truck is loading up and running like shit. Float level is good , idel mixture srews dont seem to be doing shit. Any help?Thanks.
If your mixture screws are not responding....check your idle speed screw and ensure you haven't opened it up to far. Doing so will cause it to severely load up on the 2-barrel carbs and divorce the operation of your curb idle holes. Plus this will inherently cause the truck to fall on it's face when you stab it.
Check your timing again as well. Then set your transition circuit to expose no more than a finger nail width of slot. If your motor can't breathe off that adjustment then you need to enlarge the throttleplate hole to 0.098".
Was this truck you're running originally installed with a 2-barrel?
Hope this helps ya some.
~Ty

Hotcrusader76
03-15-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
If it sat around with old gas it could be varnished up too. Might need a rebuild / cleaning in that case.
Spray some brake cleaner on the airbleeds to clear up any crud build-up.
~Ty