PDA

View Full Version : Boat service in Temecula area??

RiverLife
03-29-2006, 02:31 PM
i just need to tune her up before our upcomming trip: engine/drive oil change, etc. Are there any good places in the Temecula area....... or am I driving.

Captain Dan
03-29-2006, 02:42 PM
i just need to tune her up before our upcomming trip: engine/drive oil change, etc. Are there any good places in the Temecula area....... or am I driving.
I live in Murrieta, and I take my Ultra to Tom Papp in Corona.
Whatever you do, stay away from Mike at Land and Sea Marine in old town. He may be knowledgeable, but he hires underqualified people to do his work and he doesn't check their work. He overpromises and underdelivers and has no problem lying to you.

Daytona100
03-29-2006, 02:46 PM
I agree. Charges full pop and then has his monkeys do substandard work.

RiverLife
03-29-2006, 02:49 PM
Yeah, I stopped in there the other day to pick up some various things and they seemed alittle kooky. I'll check out Papp.

Captain Dan
03-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I stopped in there the other day to pick up some various things and they seemed alittle kooky. I'll check out Papp.
I actually have a very lengthy story about him involving installation of rebuilt parts when new ones were purchased, (and he had to do the work three times because his used parts failed). The story ended with my stereo being stolen out of the boat, while in his posession, and he tried for me to take delivery and drive off without telling me. He's a fuktard and if I ever see his scrawny ass on the street I'm going to pound him into the ground.
He refused to pay for the stolen stereo. He's a piece of shiate. :220v:

RiverLife
03-29-2006, 03:15 PM
that sounds prettly lame. i hope everything got worked out.
Fuktard........ good word! :D

03-29-2006, 03:28 PM
Whatever you do, stay away from Mike at Land and Sea Marine in old town. He may be knowledgeable, but he hires underqualified people to do his work and he doesn't check their work. He overpromises and underdelivers and has no problem lying to you.this is interesting...http://www.consumeraffairs.com/boats/land_sea.html
I also had problems with Temecula Marine Center on 2nd St. in Old Town.
Whatever I don't do myself I take to Rob Clarke at Quality Performance Marine in Corona www.qualityperformance.com honest guy, great shop.

Mrs. casean
03-29-2006, 03:31 PM
We're in the Temecula area and drive to Prime Marine... but I heard Extreme Marine or Extreme Custom Maine? Something like that is coming to the Elsinore area, but dont' hold me to it :rolleyes: :p It could just be a rumor?

AirtimeLavey
03-29-2006, 05:36 PM
this is interesting...http://www.consumeraffairs.com/boats/land_sea.html
I also had problems with Temecula Marine Center on 2nd St. in Old Town.
Whatever I don't do myself I take to Rob Clarke at Quality Performance Marine in Corona www.qualityperformance.com honest guy, great shop.
ditto on the QPM in Corona part of that post. :D

shadow
03-29-2006, 06:59 PM
I actually have a very lengthy story about him involving installation of rebuilt parts when new ones were purchased, and if I ever see his scrawny ass on the street . :220v:
Thats funny,about a year ago i said almost the exact same thing about that little runt. :crossx: I think isaid i wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

ELVIS
03-29-2006, 07:51 PM
that guy screamed at me because i bought a oil filter from him but not the oil.

Rocknpalms
03-29-2006, 09:40 PM
I personally have had good look with GS Marine in Corona.

lewiville
03-29-2006, 10:51 PM
I live in Murrieta, and I take my Ultra to Tom Papp in Corona.
Whatever you do, stay away from Mike at Land and Sea Marine in old town. He may be knowledgeable, but he hires underqualified people to do his work and he doesn't check their work. He overpromises and underdelivers and has no problem lying to you.
I live in Murrietucky as well. I was just there yesterday and was talking with this guy. I thought he was really knowledgeable, I think he is gay as well...FREAK.
Glad you said something, almost took my boat there the have the drive greased ( not what your thinkin ) :cool:

Baller
03-30-2006, 05:30 AM
Stick with Rob @ Quality Marine in Corona.. Autorized Mercury Warranty guy, very straight forward and honest, Used to be involved with offshore Warlock, definalty knows his stuff.