PDA

View Full Version : Nautical Inn for Ultra Regatta

GrapeApe
03-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Those of you that have stayed at the Nautical Inn, do you leave your Boat overnight on the Beach? Do they have Security watching? Is anyone else going the Weekend of May 14th for the Ultra Regatta? I am looking forward to my 1st Havasu trip with my Boat... and meeting some of you peeps from the Boards..
*** Grape Ape ***

Powerquestboy
03-15-2004, 02:38 PM
I've always left my boat in the water and have never had any problems (knock on wood). I've never really noticed the security patrolling the boats, and how would they really know who the boat belongs too. Nautical is usually packed and people stay up late so I think the people everywhere detures theifs. I just lock it up and take the face off the stereo.

carbonmarine
03-15-2004, 02:44 PM
I had a nice cooler ( full ) and cd's stolen right in front of the Nautical store... If it's not bolted down, Its only by luck it'll be there in the morning .... And, I saw a boat sunk / flooded by sabotage... somebody parked in somebody elses spot had their plugs pulled .... Saw that on one morning ...The boat didn't sink as much as it just conformed to the shoreline...the engine & mechanicals - TOAST.
Rick32
:cool:

GrapeApe
03-15-2004, 04:33 PM
I'll bring a buddy of mine, and tell him he has a free place to sleep, and free beer.. Then he will see a sleeping bag on the Boat..
*** Grape Ape ***

GrapeApe
03-15-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Hey Grape APE, do you currently have an Eliminator that sais "Grape Ape" across the back? If so I was next to you on the 10 freeway coming home from the river on sunday.
RD
Dave,
That wasn't me, but I must say that I wish it was me heading home from the River.. I haven't been in the water since Halloween. I currently have the '03 Ultra Deck That says "Esca Laid" on the back... had to put that since I went with the 6 Liter Vortec motor...
*** Grape Ape ***

Lightning
03-15-2004, 05:13 PM
Grape Ape,
Been to Martinez lately? What the water level looking like?
Also, who has the detail on the regatta?

GrapeApe
03-15-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Lightning
Grape Ape,
Been to Martinez lately? What the water level looking like?
Also, who has the detail on the regatta?
Lightning,
I haven't been out there, but my buddy was there on Saturday and Sunday. He said that it was a little low, but didn't have any problems. I am heading out there next weekend Leaving here Friday the 26th in the afternoon, then again Easter weekend.
*** Grape Ape ***
Regatta info hasn't been released yet. Steve told me the dates, so I booked ahead at the Nautical Inn.. I also saw the dates on Nautical Inn website as upcoming events..

ULTRA28
03-17-2004, 11:12 AM
The Ultra Regatta is May 14-16 at the Nautical in Havasu. Our website should be updated this week with all the information or you can call the office at 1-888-955-2628.

Screaming Pete
03-17-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by ULTRA28
The Ultra Regatta is May 14-16 at the Nautical in Havasu. Our website should be updated this week with all the information or you can call the office at 1-888-955-2628.
John, Do you have an Ultra that i could use and I'll bring the whole family to your regatta, just like old times.
Pete :D

Ultracrazy
03-17-2004, 12:08 PM
Since this will be my first Regatta.......I have a place in Topock, can we just meet the "Ultra" crowd in Havau and stay in Topock?

Screaming Pete
03-17-2004, 01:00 PM
Hell John, I'll even throw a Ultra sticker on my ride for the weekend.:D

GrapeApe
03-17-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by ULTRA28
John, can you remind Holly to call me when you place a new shirt order.. Gotta have some new ones to represent Ultra...
*** Grape Ape ***

welk2party
03-17-2004, 05:53 PM
I have parked my boat on the beach overnight for years with no problems. I take everything out I don't want stolen. However, people the last few years, have gotten a lot more aggressive about who's spot is who's. There is no reserved spots, but people try anyway. Seen lots of altercations over spots. Just be aware and you should be OK!

j-rod
03-17-2004, 07:50 PM
Ultra Regatta you say.. I"ll be out there the week before and leaving on Fri. but if it's a Regatta and I have an Ultra I try to talk to the the wife and stay another 2 days thanxs for the 411, I had no idea or known of any kindda of event. Why Should I be leaving when other Ulrta owner's are coming into town!! :cool:

jbtrailerjim
03-17-2004, 08:31 PM
Well I'll definitely be out there for the regatta. This will be my first Ultra regatta. Lookin forward to meetin some fellow Ultra owners.:cool:

Dr. Eagle
03-17-2004, 09:01 PM
I hope to be around this part of the country so I can bring my boat down to the fun fest. I have been looking forward to the possibility of an Ultra Regatta since I bought the boat. Hope I can make it.