PDA

View Full Version : V-drive Weather In Parker....

WILDERTHANU
03-16-2004, 01:42 PM
JUST GOT BACK YESTERDAY.....MID 90'S ALL WEEKEND. THE SKI RACES WERE AWESOME AS ALWAYS, BUT COULD USE SOME MORE COMP. SHOULD BE GREAT TO GET THE COLE OUT THERE IN A COUPLE WEEKS!!

WILDERTHANU
03-17-2004, 04:10 PM
THOSE COPS OUT THERE CAN EAT SHIT........

boatnam2
03-21-2004, 07:20 PM
i seen that boat dave a yellow one.cops where all up in his ass.

Kindsvater Flat
03-21-2004, 08:23 PM
Kinda reminds me of this guy.
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/mike/46.jpg

BILLY.B
03-21-2004, 08:59 PM
That cops pissed because he knows deep down he would never be able to fit in the seat of one of those type boats. So why not screw with the owner instead. :mad:

ACCEPTENCE
03-22-2004, 12:40 PM
In the event of a tragic situation those cops your tellin to "Eat Shit" will suddenly become your best friends and more then likely be the first ones to step up and be savin your ass, so...
Shut the hell up!!!

WILDERTHANU
03-22-2004, 12:46 PM
THANX.....

smalls
03-22-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by BILLY.B
That cops pissed because he knows deep down he would never be able to fit in the seat of one of those type boats. So why not screw with the owner instead. :mad:
Hey, WE RESEMBLE THAT REMARK.............:rolleyes:

ACCEPTENCE
03-22-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by WILDERTHANU
THOSE COPS OUT THERE CAN EAT SHIT........
That's like goin to the races and tellin the rescue crew to "EAT SHIT" and die just before you go out to the holding rope.
Or tellin the medi-vac pilot to "EAT SHIT" & crash and burn.
Or callin the ER doctor and tellin him "EAT SHIT" and his wife is a bowser.
Or even standin in watts in the middle of the night with 5 thugs and several loaded guns in your face, when the "cops" show up to save your ass your gonna tell the cops..."EAT SHIT" and go back to the donut shop.
Oh, my bad. I understand now.
Show a little respect dickhead!!!

WILDERTHANU
03-22-2004, 12:54 PM
KEEP GOING......

ACCEPTENCE
03-22-2004, 12:57 PM
Ok, I'm done.
It's just that it's a thankless job and people die doing it.

WILDERTHANU
03-22-2004, 12:59 PM
POINT TAKEN....GREG. I DO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR SAYING....

Bense468
03-22-2004, 02:19 PM
POINT TAKEN....GREG. I DO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR SAYING....
but........

WILDERTHANU
03-22-2004, 02:51 PM
DONT THEY HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN GET THEIR PANTS IN A KNOT OVER OPEN HEADERS

Bense468
03-22-2004, 03:03 PM
lol

BILLY.B
03-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by ACCEPTENCE
Ok, I'm done.
It's just that it's a thankless job and people die doing it. I hear ya Greg. It is a thankless job. Your never right, and your always on someone shit list. I just wish they'd cut a guy a break. If were all hanging together at a v-drive outting and not being obnoxious cut us some slack. Now if the guys being a "DICK" I can understand. But if were to damn loud what about all those BIG BOATS!!!. Ticket us...Ticket them.

WILDERTHANU
03-22-2004, 08:51 PM
Ok, I'm the first to respect law enforcement. I have many close friends in law enforcement and fire fighting. I dont give cops any shit when being confronted....gets you deeper for sure. I was simply jabbing a little dig in for some of us that have had to deal with a number of La Paz Co sherrifs that were totally un-reasonable. I mean we are talkin' guys in there 50's puttin' up river with water and being told without compromise to "beach" their mint cole tr6 with a 10k vale paint job....now that gets an "eat shit" in my opinion. Im not saying say it to the officer directly, but shit, give us guys break. I dont care how much shit these guys deal with all summer long, they signed up for the gig, dont be a DICK. Lets spend more time with these 20 somthing punks who finance a god damn 25' daytona with twin 900hps in the ****er....doing 100+ in the middle of the night. As well as the drunks, and who ever else is at risk to others. Im in no way anti law.......but give me a break. I think 5 decibels is the least of these guys worries.

Done Flippin
03-23-2004, 11:52 AM
Ok, I'm the first to respect law enforcement. I have many close friends in law enforcement and fire fighting. I dont give cops any shit when being confronted....gets you deeper for sure. I was simply jabbing a little dig in for some of us that have had to deal with a number of La Paz Co sherrifs that were totally un-reasonable. I mean we are talkin' guys in there 50's puttin' up river with water and being told without compromise to "beach" their mint cole tr6 with a 10k vale paint job....now that gets an "eat shit" in my opinion. Im not saying say it to the officer directly, but shit, give us guys break. I dont care how much shit these guys deal with all summer long, they signed up for the gig, dont be a DICK. Lets spend more time with these 20 somthing punks who finance a god damn 25' daytona with twin 900hps in the ****er....doing 100+ in the middle of the night. As well as the drunks, and who ever else is at risk to others. Im in no way anti law.......but give me a break. I think 5 decibels is the least of these guys worries.
I have to agree , If you are out being safe not driving like a ASS give some of us a break. Alot of us have spent alot of time and money on houses and toys and just want to enjoy our weekends like every body else. I HOPE this summer on the strip is not going to be as one sided as it sounds like from all the different BS stories people are talking about. It sounds like another pad at Big River could be alot of fun , Open headers!! No crowds!! Only problem @ Big River is the guy they call "Flipper" in a blue and white blown circle boat , He's a real loose cannon and operates his boat way over his head.
Thanks

WILDERTHANU
03-23-2004, 12:07 PM
and the low water....thats a problem for v-drivers down there.

Bense468
03-25-2004, 10:42 AM
you live in La Verne too. Thats crazy, we will have to get together some time for a few beers.

WILDERTHANU
03-25-2004, 12:15 PM
SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN.......

WILDERTHANU
03-25-2004, 04:08 PM
YOU PUT IT ON THE TRAILER. ITS A FUNNY STORY CAUSE THE TRAILER WAS IN THE WATER 100' DOWN RIVER, THE SHERRIF BEACHED THEIR BOAT,THEN WROTE A TICKET FOR EVERYTHING THEY COULD.......LOL, NO BULLSHIT.

The Easter Bunny
04-12-2004, 10:53 AM
hop

63stevens
04-12-2004, 11:56 AM
I would like to see the cross section of what group of boaters get the majority of noise tickets. Has anyone seen one of those 25' tuna boats with the 800hp plus get a noise ticket. You can hear those things coming and going for miles! But you take out a flat with headers and right away the port police are on your case. I would call that profiling. Isn't that illegal. Just my 2 cents!

WILDERTHANU
04-12-2004, 12:15 PM
YEP..ITS REALLY A BULLSHIT DEAL!! PARKER IS WERE OUR HOUSE IS.....AND LIKE ANYONE ELSE I RATHER RUN OUR BOATS RIGHT OFF OUR FRONT PORCH!!! NOT HAVE TO TOW SOMEPLACE ELSE.

76BARRON
04-13-2004, 05:20 PM
So i'm driving up the river(4-10-04) in a flatbottom v-drive at about 2500-2700 rpm tucked in behind a cruiser trying to stay out of rough water (barely on plane) till I could pass and bingo on go the blue lights! I get stoped just below buck skin park and he tell's me I have no muffeling device's.......yes I do ....no you don't..
...yes I do please look!.....ok I see them now , but im going to do a sound test anyway I want you to start your engine and rev it when I say too!...so after about 5 half hearted rev's (not over 3000 rpm:D )we were done......he tell's me I tested at 89db
3db over max but he was not going to hassle me over 3 db
but not to run boat over 3000 rpm. yes sir ! and I was off!
I guess I was lucky that day.But the thing is he decided to pull me over before I even got to his position(he was still in front of me) ...Profileing? I think so.......and yes ,I did not see any of the
"BIG BOATS" pulled over either!and they were the loudest if them all!(by the way I like the way they sound) OH WELL !
P.S I have a few choice word's for the S.O.B. that invented
those F---ING LAKE LICE!!:yuk:

Bense468
04-14-2004, 10:03 AM
Its lost its roots and thats not a good thing. That just sucks that the parker police have come down to ticketing for noise. Its the god damn river you dont like noise you leave.......

FlatRacer
04-15-2004, 07:48 PM
I'd like to add my voice to the ''Eat Shit" chorus, but not neccessarily directed at the cops in all cases. Yes, if they indiscriminantly hand out tickets to some types of boats merely because they don't like them, then those particular cops should definitely eat shit, f*ck off and die. In their defense though, most cops are merely doing the jobs they're ordered to do by their bosses, who are directed by the politicians (more on them later), who are elected by US!
As for the politicians, they'd rather put a blanket ban on an activity than give law enforcement the tools they need to enforce the laws that THEY WROTE!
Case in point: the lake lice. Believe it or not, there are PWC owners who use them responsibly. But their chosen form of recreation is in danger of being banned totally, in many parts of this country, because of the reputation that has been unjustly laid upon them by the few, but highly visible reckless users.
I say rather than put a blanket ban on OUR freedom, let's give the cops the means to catch and fine the crap out of the law breakers. Better yet, confiscate, sell at auction, appropriate and turn into persuit vehicles, the offending lice! Let's not let these politicians take the easy way out by pandering to the whiners with these blanket bans. Let's identify them and then simply vote the bastards out of office! Then they can sit at home and eat shit.
If a cop can produce the equipment to properly measure noise levels, then I have no problem with them doing their jobs as prescribed by law. The real solution is not to knock the cops, but to change the law by changing the lawmakers.
That being said, any cop who throws a boat off his "turf" without the proper testing equipment to back him up needs a battery acid enema.
FR :yuk:

DUNDUN
04-15-2004, 08:30 PM
I was wondering if you guys are gonna change your equipment. Baffles suck. Big Boats get away with murder. I dont want to have to deal with this for ever. I think My ole man might have seen that cole. He told me there was a bitchin t-deck flattie(possibly a cole) that looked very nice. It was on a ramp near the parker dam. The guy had just backed it in the water when the cop payed him a visit. the cop turned the guy away and he never saw that flattie again. That cop asked my dad over too and gave him a sound test, we only got above 86db over 3000 rpm. :cool:

GofastRacer
04-15-2004, 08:48 PM
I ain't changing shit, just not giving them a reason to hassle me!.:rolleyes:

DUNDUN
04-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by GofastRacer
I ain't changing shit, just not giving them a reason to hassle me!.:rolleyes:
Good to hear Art, :D Just wondering, How are you avoiding them hassling you? My father was just drifting and he was pulled over and grilled.