PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: YSR50

riverracerx
03-16-2004, 04:48 PM
Anyone have, or know someone who has a YSR or NSR50 for sale? Looking for a clean, titled, CA. registered bike. No project bikes, must be in working order.
email me if you do:
chris@riverracerx.com
Thanks!! :D

Flying Tiger
03-17-2004, 07:23 AM
You may want to post on the atv/mc buy sell section (free) at:
www.americansandassociation.org
www.glamisdunes.com
I see them occasionally listed. People used them as campground trans., or they have moved on to somethinge else,, lots of reasons they pop up for sale.
perhaps your want ad would motivate someone to move theirs.

Three Days Only
03-17-2004, 09:10 AM
Contact Gabriel 818-807-5169 - He races YSR50's/YSR80's and has parts and bikes for sale. He is in the Santa Clarita area.

MudPumper
03-17-2004, 10:01 AM
My buddy got a bike from Gabriel a few years back. It had an 80cc motor in it and absolutely hauled ass. He said he was a good guy to work with and the bike never had any broblems.

Havasu Cig
03-17-2004, 11:47 AM
I bought a YSR50 the first year they came out back in the 80's, and put a YZ80 motor in it. The motor was trick as well, so it was putting out a little more hp than a stock YZ.
The thing was Scarry!!!! it was impossible to keep the front end on the ground. The motor bolted right up to the stock mounts, and we fabricated a mount for the radiator and had a pipe made. Pretty cool little toy.

CrazyHippy
03-17-2004, 07:02 PM
Team Calamari (teamCalamari.com????)
Used to have a ysr classifieds.
BJH

BALLSDEEP
03-17-2004, 07:04 PM
There are a few on EBAY

riverracerx
03-19-2004, 12:46 PM
Picked up a 1987 stocker. Pretty nice condition for being 16 years old. Runs great and screams on the top end. Needs a little TLC but everything works!
Gonna cruise it tomorrow! :cool:

Party Cat
03-19-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by riverracerx
Picked up a 1987 stocker. Pretty nice condition for being 16 years old. Runs great and screams on the top end. Needs a little TLC but everything works!
Gonna cruise it tomorrow! :cool:
Looks cool Chris....you're gonna love it.....Since when did stockers come with a Team Calamari racing pipe :D :D Here's a pic of mine with Disco running it through the gears...
http://www.irnoyfb.com/PC/ysr.jpg

wsuwrhr
03-19-2004, 10:01 PM
I want to know where his helmet is.
Brian

disco_charger
03-19-2004, 11:15 PM
Good question! :D

Party Cat
03-20-2004, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by wsuwrhr
I want to know where his helmet is.
Brian
House rules applied....It's his private track :D :D

wsuwrhr
03-20-2004, 11:19 PM
Pal,
From one motorcyclist to another motorcyclist....
I have lost 3 GOOD friends, to date, from streetbike or no helmet type of wrecks.
I have met Disco several times, and while I may not know him well, I consider him a friend, and I would greet him as such wherever I saw him.
I was just bummed to see a guy riding a bike without the basic of safety gear.
I say my peice to anyone I know riding without a helmet.....
Walk your head into a cabinet door in your house anytime....hurts like a mother****er don't it? How fast you movin? 1-2-3 MPH? Try a curb at 15-20-35 MPH, no more boating for you for a lifetime.
Just my .02, maybe I am just a bitch...
Brian

superdave013
03-20-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Party Cat
Looks cool Chris....you're gonna love it.....Since when did stockers come with a Team Calamari racing pipe :D :D Here's a pic of mine with Disco running it through the gears...
http://www.irnoyfb.com/PC/ysr.jpg
LAW BREAKER!! :)

wsuwrhr
03-21-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
LAW BREAKER!! :)
Where is a cop when you need one? haha.
Brian
:) :)

disco_charger
03-21-2004, 08:30 AM
You make good points Brian, and it's all true. I rode on the road for about 2 years. Never went down. Had a friend go down though. Always wore a helmet. However, no one ever accused me of being smart, thoughtful, or anything else. Above and beyond that, just to make me look like more of an idiot. That was on a bike that had sat for several years, and that was it's first day out. So it could have very easily had some sort of mechanical failure and pitched me. :rolleyes: I guess I looked at it like it was just like my pocket bike, which I was only occasionaly wearing a helmet for....
http://www.op6c.com/jason/brianBBQ6.jpg

wsuwrhr
03-21-2004, 08:37 AM
Right on Disco, a cooler helmet may be in order for you, maybe you won't be embarassed next time. haha.
Brian

disco_charger
03-21-2004, 03:49 PM
"here he comes, here comes speed racer...." How can you not love that helmet?!!!

wsuwrhr
03-21-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by disco_charger
"here he comes, here comes speed racer...." How can you not love that helmet?!!!
Now in that light, how could you have missed an opportunity to look COOL?
Brian

HOOTER SLED-
03-22-2004, 09:11 AM
Anyone have, or know someone who has a YSR or NSR50 for sale? Looking for a clean, titled, CA. registered bike. No project bikes, must be in working order.
email me if you do:
chris@riverracerx.com
Thanks!! :D
I have a buddy who has one. He was thinking about selling it after he started riding my CRF 50. He may want one of those now. He also just got a new CBR 600. So he thinks he'll never ride the YSR anymore. I'll hit him up. What are you interested in paying for one??

riverracerx
03-22-2004, 11:42 AM
Hooter, let me know if he still wants to sell it. I might need two now as my wife kinda enjoyed putting it around. We have a lot of empty roads near us she feels comfortable on.
Party Cat, OK it does have a pipe, but the rest is stock. Going to order the carb kit and some reeds from Calamari. It needs a little more power.
The thing goes pretty good on the top. Pegs the speedo at 50mph. Gets tons of looks on the street. Especially from the motor cops and CHP.

Party Cat
03-22-2004, 12:22 PM
Party Cat, OK it does have a pipe, but the rest is stock. Going to order the carb kit and some reeds from Calamari. It needs a little more power.
The thing goes pretty good on the top. Pegs the speedo at 50mph. Gets tons of looks on the street. Especially from the motor cops and CHP.
The Calamari pipe is a great start....it 's power band is from 7500 to around 12000 rpm...
Go with the 20 mm carb and change your sproket...TCR knows their shiznit....
Have Fun....
http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/ubb/graemlins/biker.gif