PDA

View Full Version : Only Keith Sayre

Thunderbutt
03-16-2004, 05:08 PM
What boat salesman would help someone who was looking for a particular boat,(28 foot warlock deckboat) even though it was not one of his. It would have to be Keith Sayre, what a gentelman. I wanted to buy a warlock. Carter Reed didn't want to make me one, (don't ask why). At the L A boat show Keith over heard someone talking about selling there boat, he knew that I was looking for this type of boat so he e-mailed me the info. Since then I made the deal and bought the boat.
Thank you Keith, YOU'ER THE MAN.

Mandelon
03-16-2004, 05:17 PM
Very cool. Good karma is out there, you just have to earn it.

Ziggy
03-16-2004, 06:00 PM
I agree 100%---he is hard working and cordial to boot.

Jrocket
03-16-2004, 08:27 PM
Keith is definately one of the best around!

playdeep
03-16-2004, 09:55 PM
Tell you all you need to know about Keith...
Last year I was in the process of buying my Eliminator.
It's a 25 Eagle,with a blown 510,standoff box,full hydraulic steering,big stereo,triple axle trailer...I am buying it "used" so I go to get financing and the bank only will go on NADA blue book value(for a stock 25 Eagle).
I call Keith,and ask what if anything can be done to up the loan value of the boat...So that I don't have to put as much down.
Keith asks who the lender is,I tell him,he says that he will see what he can do.
A couple of days later I get a call from the bank saying that due to recieving some new information about the boat,they are willing to loan $4000.00 more.
Seems that Mr. Sayre took it upon himself to write a four page letter explaining every detail that made the boat more valuable.
Most sales people would have tried to persuade you to buy something from them instead...not Keith,he KNEW how badly I wanted that particular boat...so he helped out,even though there was nothing in it for him...
Yeah,you might say Keith is a stand up guy:wink:

bear down
03-17-2004, 09:02 AM
Besides my sales guy at Eliminator (Dan Alberts):D .
I must give kudos to Keith. Though I have never spoken or met the guy he seems like a class act. Always out there giving his extra effort for his customers and for any one in fact. He is on the boards always lending a helping hand and giving us info. when needed and never a pushy guy trying to sell too much on the boards. If Dan ever dies I will buy my next boat from Keith!!

jbtrailerjim
03-17-2004, 09:25 AM
I got to meet Keith at the L.A. Boat Show. I chatted with him for awhile. Super nice guy and if I had the extra dough I'd be down there buying a new Top Cat 2 from him. He really goe's out of his way to help us Hot Boaters out. He's definitely one of the good guy's in the industry.

dimarcobros
03-17-2004, 10:04 AM
I had the pleasure of dealing with Keith when we purchased our Top Cat II. Even though the deal has been done for months he still helps with odds and ends for us. Since we live in CA and our boat is in Havasu he always offers to pick the boat up for us. I thought we were getting a great boat but turns out we also got a great freind. He is definately the man.
DMB

Hallett
03-17-2004, 10:20 AM
keith is a great guy & a good frend . he found a great schiada
for me. thanks keith .

Steamin' Rice
03-17-2004, 10:23 AM
I've never bought anything from him, but I have talked with him a few times and he always has been fgreat to talk to...

HavasuDreamin'
03-17-2004, 12:03 PM
Pretty rare in the boating biz to meet such a stand up guy. For that matter, pretty rare in any biz.
Props to Keith. If I was buying a deckboat (not unfortunately :( ) I would be hitting him up.
HD :cool:

mirvin
03-17-2004, 12:27 PM
I think "Keith Sayre" day is in order;) Who wants to set that up?
I'm serious.
mirvin:cool:

dimarcobros
03-17-2004, 12:30 PM
When is his birthday?
DMB

Thunderbutt
03-17-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
I think "Keith Sayre" day is in order;) Who wants to set that up?
I'm serious.
mirvin:cool:
If you guy's do that I would put up some $$$$. I wouldn't be able to attend because I'm 1300 miles away.
I don't know what position Keith has with Conquest, but if it isn't real high ( Partner) he should be.

mirvin
03-17-2004, 04:14 PM
Yessir. I've been following these boards for about a year and everytime I see the name Keith Sayre it's allways followed by priase. I've never even been to Conquest but it's definately something I'd like to check out, just to meet Keith.

OutCole'd
03-17-2004, 09:19 PM
Keith for President...
Maybe then I would want to vote.

CrazyHippy
03-18-2004, 01:04 PM
That keith guy is an ass. He didn't even give me the time of day.
OK, so i didn't ask him for the time of day, or even talk to him, but he didn't give me the time of day:mad: :p
Keith seems like a good guy from where i stand.
BJH

OutCole'd
03-18-2004, 03:08 PM
Can we have a ticker tape parade??? And a marching band.

mirvin
03-18-2004, 04:13 PM
What we need is a "Keith Sayre Regatta"!! That's it!! Come on Dave, your a good organizer;)
mirvin

dr. margarita
03-18-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
Keith is definately one of the best around!
ditto, ditto, ditto!

Keith E. Sayre
03-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Nancy says that after reading this thread that she's going to
throw up! Frankly--I love it!
I would submit to you guys that "nice things happen to nice
people" and I can't think of anybody that I've helped in the
past 10 years that didn't deserve it. While my paychecks
pay the bills, I love the look of a happy boater or someone
who is excited to get to the river. The occasional praise on
the websites along with a pat on the back and a big smile
and a "thanks" is all that I ask for. Right back at ya!
When I'm at the lake, please introduce yourselves so that I'll
know who you are. I'll be the guy with the Conquest shirt on!
Thanks for all the great memories!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City

phebus
03-19-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Keith E. Sayre
When I'm at the lake, please introduce yourselves so that I'll
know who you are. I'll be the guy with the Conquest shirt on!
Were you the guy with the Conquest shirt on that was driving the Bayliner? J/K :D

LOWRIVER2
03-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Another Keith story:
Couple years back, I wanted to check out a used Ultra at Havasu. I read that Keith lived there and saw he knew a thing or two (understatement/lol) about boats. Keith was nice enough to meet me when I arrived and treated me like an old friend. He checked out the boat with me and gave me some sound pointers on what to look for.
I did'nt buy the boat, but made a great friend. Keith knows I probably won't ever own a prop boat, but he helped out a boater just the same.
Thanks again Keith, you're a class act indeed... and of course,I spam Conquest deck boats to all my non, shallow water friends/lol.

Havasu Hangin'
03-20-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by LOWRIVER2
Another Keith story:
Couple years back, I wanted to check out a used Ultra at Havasu. I read that Keith lived there and saw he knew a thing or two (understatement/lol) about boats. Keith was nice enough to meet me when I arrived and treated me like an old friend. He checked out the boat with me and gave me some sound pointers on what to look for.
I did'nt buy the boat, but made a great friend. Keith knows I probably won't ever own a prop boat, but he helped out a boater just the same.
Thanks again Keith, you're a class act indeed... and of course,I spam Conquest deck boats to all my non, shallow water friends/lol.
Nobody was shot, killed, arrested, or on drugs?
What kind of story is that?

bigkatboat
03-20-2004, 08:59 PM
One day he is 'waiving' HI to everyone at the Havasu Marina, and "a few days before" he was saying " I'll go into the Marina and rev up my V-drive boat"!!! In protest of the noise laws. I don't think the Marina makes "the noise laws", I think the states do all of the work. I do feel he is a 'great guy' when the "dollars" fit, but I have a friend that was TOTALLY SHUT DOWN at the boat show, when He was working for another 'boat store'. My friend's father (retired) wanted to buy a pontoon, He did not even talk to the friend and his father, ( they had the CASH). I don't look for trouble, but when it finds me, I react. Salesmen are great people, I guess ? They move from shop to shop and "work it" I know everyone has to work, and it's hard. Please, all salesmen are 'on edge' most of the time, they need to "produce" and show $$$$$. The problem, I have is 'moving' and 'selling', everything is for sale, are you getting the truth? If I worked for one place, one day and another the next day, what am I telling you as far as the " faith in what I'm selling". I have had contact with most of the builders in Havasu, they build good boats! I just don't like the BS, with non- service, or non- warranty problems. YOU stepped up and paid the price, for the boat, the builders need to 'step up' and take-care of the customers. Salesmen or not!

Jordy
03-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Sounds like someone needs to put the crack pipe down and step away from the keyboard.... :D

dimarcobros
03-22-2004, 12:22 PM
LMAO!!! That is some funny sh*t jordanpaulk. :D :D
DMB

revpuffdaddy
03-22-2004, 08:10 PM
I first met Keith and Nancy about 2 years ago while looking at a Magic deckboat. I didn't buy one at that time but looked him up this winter as a direct result of the way Keith AND Nancy treated me and my wife several years back. I grew up in the boat business and can attest to the MANY flakes and out right liars the boat business seems to breed. Keith and Nancy are very genuine people. Yes...I bought a Conquest Top Cat 2 because I really liked the boat....but also because I really like Keith and the values he stands for. Keith does know a whole lot about boats....he knows a whole lot more about making and keeping friends! Thanks Keith...and Nancy!
The Fletchers

BILLY.B
03-22-2004, 08:14 PM
Keith, even though he'd never mean't me was the only one who came to my defense when a year ago I posted in a thread about the cool looking boats at the L.A. boat show. I stated that most of the new graphics looked like crap. BACKWARDS FLAMES, CHEETAH SPOTS, and absolutely no rhime or reason to anything that was happening. Here he sells new boats and yet he was willing to stand there and defend me as to who I was and what I did for a living. Now I know the customer is always right and you have to build what they want, "BUT" you don't have to always have agree with it. Just my .02

LOWRIVER2
03-22-2004, 08:46 PM
Nobody was shot, killed, arrested, or on drugs?
Actually Jeff,
I did spot a couple of tweakers as I drove into Havasu, but that's like seeing cigarette butts outside a AA meeting. I had a gun on me the whole time (surprise), and, come to think of it, I don't recall anyone being killed in Havasu that T-day weekend in 02.
That sums it up, any more questions?