PDA

View Full Version : Net Nanny!!!?

NOTALENT
03-17-2004, 08:59 AM
Does anyone know of a program that can remove this or someway to get around it? Damn Customer service bitches ratted me out!!!! Now they put this on all the computers!!!:mad: :mad:

NOTALENT
03-17-2004, 09:24 AM
Net Nanny..IS a program put on ur computer which extremely limits the websites ur allowed to go to..

summerlove
03-17-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
What is net nanny?RD
It is internet filtering software - used mostly at schools and libraries, but also in some pretty large companies. We use it here, and it just keeps the honest people honest and the dishonest (as in surfing inappropriate sites) ones pissed off!:D

OGShocker
03-17-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Bropb16
Does anyone know of a program that can remove this or someway to get around it? Damn Customer service bitches ratted me out!!!! Now they put this on all the computers!!!:mad: :mad:
I know of a program!
It is called the get back to work and stop stealing time from your company program!;)

NOTALENT
03-17-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by OGShocker
I know of a program!
It is called the get back to work and stop stealing time from your company program!;)
Im already the number one sales guy. and most of the day there is nothing to do. I tried reading but thats not allowed. they expect us to just sit and stare at our monitors...the hell with that ####!!!.

mikev
03-17-2004, 10:14 AM
no way around it without a password and be carfull because it keeps a histroy of every site you goto and you cant erase it. got it on my kids pc so she doesnt get bombarded with crap.

NOTALENT
03-17-2004, 10:27 AM
I dont go on any bad websites or anything like that exept for this one.lol but i was on ebay and playing chess etc..and the girls got mad because they dont have access to the net..so they ratted out all the sales guys.

OGShocker
03-17-2004, 10:28 AM
This is what I use. (http://www.spectorsoft.com/) I have it on most of my offices computers. I placed it there after my book keeper was arrested for suspection of stealing a S**T pot of money from us over 13 years. I want to make sure people here are not contacting her via our computers.
So, Broph, you think you work for an as*hole? You should try working for me. :D

NOTALENT
03-17-2004, 10:48 AM
never said I worked for an #######..I love my job and my boss. #### they brought me over here gave me a five dollar raise plus bonuses..hell Im happy..Im just not going to sit and do nothing for several hours a day...its stupid I would rather be working..but when theres nothing for u to do..why just sit there?

572Daytona
03-17-2004, 11:30 AM
I found this on the web, but it looks pretty old since it talks about win95/Win3.1. But the technique is probably similar for WinXP. The bottom line is like RD says I'm sure there is a way around it if you find someone who is computer saavy enough, but it may not be worth losing your job over. I never use my work computer to access questionable websites.
How to disable Net Nanny:
First things first, there is reportedly an "in-case-Mommy-forgot-the-password" backdoor to the program (some or all versions). Try ~frontdoor as your password. Thanks Jonathan G. for the tip.
Net Nanny Version 4.0: In Windows 98 or Windows ME, click Start > Run, and type msconfig in the box to start a Windows configuration tool. Go to the Startup tab, which displays a list of programs that run at startup. Uncheck the entries for "nntray.exe"and "NNSvsc", then restart. Net Nanny disabled! Thanks Jon M. for the info.
Method 11,2:
To disable Net Nanny for a single session in Windows 95, press CTRL-ALT-DELETE to bring up the Close Program dialogue. Depending on the version of Net Nanny you are afflicted with, either OCRAWARE or Wnldr32 will appear on the list. Select whichever is listed and press End Task.
To disable it more permanently, try some of these methods of getting rid of it for good:
Method 12:
Open the file c:\windows\system.ini. Under the section marked "[boot]", there should be a line labeled "drivers=" with some stuff listed after it. Remove the word "wndrv16.dll" from the "drivers=" line. (If there are other words listed on the "drivers=" line, leave them there, just remove "wndrv16.dll".) Save changes to the file and restart your computer, and Net Nanny is gone for good!
Method 21: (note: this may only apply to the win3.x version):
Open the file config.sys (it should be in your c:\ directory) and look for the line DEVICE=C:\NN\NNDRV.SYS. This is the net nanny driver. To prevent it from loading type REM in front of this line, so it appears as REM DEVICE=C:\NN\NNDRV.SYS. (REM stands for Remark; it tells the computer not to process that line because it is a user-inserted remark or comment.) Reboot to eliminate the copy of NN resident in memory, and you'll be censor-free! Net Nanny will no longer load when you restart your system.
To clear Net Nanny's log file:
Delete the file Wnn3.log (it should be in your Net Nanny directory). Note that you can't open the file and delete individual entries, because the file is encrypted.
Also be sure to check out the essays by Eddy/Saruman (one of the original CyberSitter crackers) on reverse-engineering Net Nanny and CyberSitter

NOTALENT
03-17-2004, 12:34 PM
I got windows xp...I will try these and see how they work..thanks alot guys.