PDA

View Full Version : So I'm dropping of my daughter off at preschool this morning...

ROZ
03-17-2004, 12:51 PM
listening to the Ramones on the way. As were we're walking into class she starts singing a loud, "beat on the brat with a baseball bat, ah yea, ah yea, yea...." I got the "what the heck are you letting your kid listen to" stare.. :yuk: I said what, no one likes the Ramones? One of the Pioneers of early punk? :D
She also sings " Sheila is a punk rocker..." I know it's Sheena, but mommy's name is Sheila :D
Any particular bands you and your kids listen and sing together in the car?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-17-2004, 12:57 PM
Beastie Boys
"You've gotta fight! For your right! to Paaaartay!
Bad mom, I know. I'm breeding delinquency.

Jetdriver
03-17-2004, 01:05 PM
My 4 Year old son like's the song Sugar from System of a Down! :D Of course he likes Hey yeah from Outkast too!

CA Stu
03-17-2004, 01:08 PM
Imagine the looks if she starts sionging "Now I wanna sniff some glue..." :D
CA Stu

HavasuDreamin'
03-17-2004, 01:09 PM
The six year old likes Queensryche. I also make her listen to Iron Maiden, Ratt, and anything else I happen to have around.
Momma always told me that I could pick the music when I got older and go my own car, so I do. :D :p

FMluvswater
03-17-2004, 01:16 PM
When my son was 4 years old he came into our bedroom at 6 o'clock in the morning with a lil radio playing AC/DC's Shoot To Thrill and he announced with much glee "Mom! Dad! It's happy music!". It was an interesting way to be woken up. :D That's my child! :cool:

Tom Brown
03-17-2004, 01:37 PM
ROZ, whatever you do... don't let the KKK take your baby away.

sorry dog
03-17-2004, 01:40 PM
I think David Allen Coe would be good for young formative minds...

Waldo
03-17-2004, 01:42 PM
SWEET!
I had "daddy and me" breakfast with my daughter at preschool this morning. I took off work and enjoyed it very much. I was there with casual attire and flip flops. Most every other dad was in a suit and had to leave early to go to work.

bonesfab
03-17-2004, 02:00 PM
kids & music. its great. my daugther was five and out front singing queens "we will rock you" to the neighborhood. the neighbors had a good laugh. then the others boc's godzilla, genesis we can't dance, lynard skynard sweet home bama. kids are very entertaining. knows how to use the stereo better than mommy...

Screaming Pete
03-17-2004, 02:09 PM
I've always liked James Brown and danced with the kids like we all have , I hope and my little girl knows almost all the words to Sex Machine, and she likes Nelly also, Take my clothes Off....and sand bars are her favorite place to be...What have I done>>

Mandelon
03-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Be careful with Blitzkrieg Bop....
"Ballin in the back seat,
Generate steam heat...."
:D :D

OGShocker
03-17-2004, 02:22 PM
This was my thread the other day.
Here (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42112)
I saw the Ramones in 1979 at the Whiskey a go go! Yes, I am old.

mikev
03-17-2004, 02:40 PM
my daughter loves the Scorpions let her listen to world wide live she thinks its cool daddy was at show when it was recorded.

Charley
03-17-2004, 03:07 PM
My lil 3 year old dude loves to do the woo woo in "sympathy for the devil"
Please allow me to introduce myself:D

Jungle Boy
03-17-2004, 03:14 PM
My daughter is 17 years old and still likes Frank Zappa. She used to say as soon as we got in the truck "can you play Baby Snakes". She's even turned on a couple of her friends to Frank. :D

ROZ
03-17-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
ROZ, whatever you do... don't let the KKK take your baby away.
Uohooo-oohoo-ohyea ;) :D
She also likes "Stealin' people's mail" By..... :cool: