PDA

View Full Version : Best Cocktail name ever!!!

BiggusJimbus
03-17-2004, 05:18 PM
http://www.barmeister.com/cgi-bin/drink.view.pl?drink=35

HighRoller
03-17-2004, 10:54 PM
Actually, there's a few problems with that one. First off, the tequila will make it taste funny so IMO leave it out. Vodka Gin Rum and Triple Sec w/Tequila is a Texas Iced Tea. Next, there's no need to use Triple Sec AND Blue Curacao because they have the same flavor. Using both is redundant. If you want more alcohol just up the dose of each liquor to 3/4oz. Finally, if you add cola you'll change the color. Use 7-up/Lemon Lime soda instead for the fizz. I would recommend this recipe instead:
Pint Glass, on the rocks.
1/2 oz each Vodka, Gin, Rum and Blue Curacao.
3/4 fill sweet and sour mix
Top w/7-up/Lemon Lime soda
Garnish w/Lemon
I know these are small differences, but it's the attention to detail that makes a good drink!

BiggusJimbus
03-17-2004, 11:33 PM
Damn,
I wasn't going to drink it.
I was just amused by the name.
That's a hangover in a glass IMO.
Give me some Whiskey and some ice. I'll feel a hell of a lot better the next day.
What other amusing drink names (beyond the standard fare, that is) are out there?

CrazyHippy
03-18-2004, 01:15 AM
AMF's are fun.... till teh next day:( :yuk:
BJH

HOSS
03-18-2004, 06:01 AM
Skylab Fallout
Black Plague

Mandelon
03-18-2004, 06:23 AM
I used to get something called the "Megabyte" at Rusty Pelican a long time ago. They came in tall mug and made you quite drunk. Can't remember what was in it.
Yellowbirds are good too.

Keithb87
03-18-2004, 07:59 AM
Rotten Apple
Equal parts of Tequila and Sour Apple Pucker. shake and drink
:D

Danhercules
03-18-2004, 08:08 AM
SkipandgoNaked.
In a pitcher.......I can concentrate frozen lemon aid, fill can with Vodka, Once or twice, depending on taste, Fill pitcher with 3 or 4 beers,
Dose not sound good, but man, YUMMY! its a nice change after beer all day. Gets the girls Skipping and goin in the water Naked!!!

victorfb
03-18-2004, 08:26 AM
Dan, those werent girls. damn am i glad i didnt drink your crazy mix. :p

Ivan Dan
03-18-2004, 09:49 AM
Pink Panties......Pink Lemonade and Vodka (heavy on the Vodka) blended and the chicks love this one

HighRoller
03-18-2004, 09:55 AM
I saw a different version of that one called "Cotton Candy". It had pink lemonade and Malibu Rum blended and piled up in a glass like a snocone.

PlyaPlya22
03-18-2004, 09:58 AM
There's a real good drink called a 'Dirty South" and another one called a "Chocolate Donut"

mud duck
03-18-2004, 10:06 AM
Mandelon, The 'Rusty Pelican" I believe is now gone. I was there in January this year and it is called "Joe's Crab Shack". Still on the beach, great sunsets, good food, and wonderful liquor. But under a different name. :frown:

Scream
03-18-2004, 10:48 AM
How 'bout an "Irish Car Bomb" in honor of St. Paddy's day.
Guennis with a shot of Baileys, just before downing it, drop in a shot of Jameson and watch out!
That'll get you fit shaced in a hurry!

HighRoller
03-18-2004, 10:49 AM
Those things scare me almost as much as a flaming Dr. Pepper! Yikes!

Mandelon
03-18-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by mud duck
Mandelon, The 'Rusty Pelican" I believe is now gone. I was there in January this year and it is called "Joe's Crab Shack". Still on the beach, great sunsets, good food, and wonderful liquor. But under a different name. :frown:
I think the whole chain is gone. The Rusty P and our old favorite the Red Onion were where all the big haired barslut betties used to hang out.
Damn I miss those days........

Scream
03-18-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Those things scare me almost as much as a flaming Dr. Pepper! Yikes!
That sound dangerous. What the hell is it?

HighRoller
03-18-2004, 02:00 PM
It's like an Irish Car Bomb except the shot glass is filled with Amaretto and 151. You light the shot on fire and drop it in a light beer then bottoms up! Tastes like Dr. Pepper!

Desert Rat
03-18-2004, 02:18 PM
Brain Hemorrhage
Large shot class of peach schnapps
A splash of Baileys which curdles up and looks like a brain
Then a little I think its called Grenadine is carefully poured over the floating glob of Baileys so it looks like its bleeding.
Looks cool, taste good but slides down like your swallowing a lugie
Fun after everybody has had a few:eek: :D

Scream
03-18-2004, 02:20 PM
OOOOOOOO!
A few years ago a group of 40 or so of us went to Lake Powell, Lone Rock Beach...It was mostly from one extended family, but we're always invited...We had "shot night" and we drank the most incredible things. A Lunch Box, orange juice, beer and amaretto. Grappa (who thought of making liquor taste like dirt?) and Ouzo. I can't remember a lot of them, but I do remember that I was pretty waisted that night. I don't think the beer bong had anything to do with it though...

Scream
03-18-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Desert Rat
Brain Hemorrhage
Looks cool, taste good but slides down like your swallowing a lugie
Yikes!