PDA

View Full Version : New Toy Rig!

bear down
03-18-2004, 06:30 AM
Thanks to all for your advise...I made sure to get the new LLY Diesel on the Chevy and it has the works nothing left to get on it!! Thanks for your Help.
http://img39.photobucket.com/albums/v120/beardown3450/New_Truck_002.jpg

OGShocker
03-18-2004, 06:38 AM
You are going to like it more everyday!
Looks great!

beached 1
03-18-2004, 06:51 AM
That's an awesome truck!
I hate you..
:D

Garrddogg
03-18-2004, 06:54 AM
SWEET !

THOR
03-18-2004, 07:43 AM
DAMN! Where do all you mother f'ers get the money?
Nice rig.

Jordy
03-18-2004, 07:49 AM
Now you just need to crawl up under it and adjust the torsion bars to get rid of the stickbug look. Really easy to do and looks 1000000 times better. ;) :D

bear down
03-18-2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
Now you just need to crawl up under it and adjust the torsion bars to get rid of the stickbug look. Really easy to do and looks 1000000 times better. ;) :D
Could you elaborate a bit.....

COELIMINATOR
03-18-2004, 07:52 AM
Install the Hot Juice and Attitude and you will REALLY enjoy the truck. Nice ride. Sam

Danhercules
03-18-2004, 07:59 AM
You got everything on it?? LIER LIER PANTS ON FIRE!!
Wheres the snowplow???:p
Mine is on order and I will be gettin it in 4 weeks. Mine will be white.
How can I afford it? The WIFE bought it!:eek: :D But that means its her truck :frown:
I still get to drive it!!:D

Jordy
03-18-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by bear down
Could you elaborate a bit.....
Just about under the front doors there is a cross member that has the adjusters for the torsion bars. You can follow the bars back into this crossmember from the lower a-arm. There are a couple of adjusters with bolts sticking out of them (one for each side) in the crossmember. Using a 3/4" socket (1/2 drive is the easiest) if you turn them in, the front end will come up. It will make more sense when your under the truck. Just turn them in the same number of turns and it will be level across the bumper.
On my extra cab I ran them in about half way to level it out. On my crew cab I ran them all the way in to clear 285's.

Jordy
03-18-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by COELIMINATOR
Install the Hot Juice and Attitude and you will REALLY enjoy the truck. Nice ride. Sam
Just the regular Juice and the Attitude will suit you just fine. It's my understanding they're really not making the Hot Juice anymore because the Attitude gets you into the same rage almost.
But he's right, this is the next step. :D

OutCole'd
03-18-2004, 08:18 AM
Jordan, what is the trans fluid you like for the Allison tranny's? And do you have to drop the pan to drain, or did they finally put a drain plug in?

victorfb
03-18-2004, 08:21 AM
do yourself a favor and lift the front end of the truck a bit with a jack, then tighten the torsions. do a little at a time and check it by letting the truck down from the jack. take a looksee and repeat if nessesary. without releasing the preasure with a jack you may end up stripping the adjuster bolt. (basically lifting the truck by spinning a 3/4" bolt).
now that youve lifted/ leveled the front end of your truck, do me and everyone else a favor and ADJUST YOUR FRIGGIN HEADLIGHTS!:p

Jordy
03-18-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by OutCole'd
Jordan, what is the trans fluid you like for the Allison tranny's? And do you have to drop the pan to drain, or did they finally put a drain plug in?
I run Transynd in it. I had my shop flush it all out with the machine (employee perks) so I didn't have much to do with it. I don't recall if there is a plug in the pan or not, but it's a matter of picking up two gallons of fluid, dumping the oil, changing the external filter (be careful to take the magnet out of the lip of the filter before you throw it away) and then topping it off. Transynd is compatible with the dinosaur oil that is in there right now so there isn't an issue if you don't flush the system. I do know that the bigger Allisons (like in garbage and fire trucks) are shipped from the factory with a 50/50 mix of synthetic/dino oil, but I don't know about the 1000 model (in the HD trucks).

bear down
03-18-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Danhercules
How can I afford it? The WIFE bought it!:eek: :D But that means its her truck :frown:
I still get to drive it!!:D
These trucks are very hard to come by...I have heard so many people having to order them...I guess I was lucky.....

Danhercules
03-18-2004, 12:22 PM
These trucks are very hard to come by...I have heard so many people having to order them...I guess I was lucky.....
Well, If I (accually my wife) Is gonna spend 40k on a truck, its got to have evrething exactly like we want it. So, we had to order it.

dicudmore
03-18-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by OutCole'd
drain plug...

al cole'holic
03-18-2004, 01:20 PM
I am thinking of doing the Banks Six Gun kit with exhaust and air box...anyone try it?? :D

WaTchTheGelCoat
03-18-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by al cole'holic
I am thinking of doing the Banks Six Gun kit with exhaust and air box...anyone try it?? :D
We have this kit on our Shop dually. Worth every penny.

OGShocker
03-18-2004, 01:47 PM
Where did you buy your truck? Did I miss that post?
COME ON, tell us!!;)

NastyOne
03-18-2004, 01:47 PM
No but I used to work at Banks and their shit is the best.

al cole'holic
03-18-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by WaTchTheGelCoat
We have this kit on our Shop dually. Worth every penny.
That's what I hear from alot of places...the Banks Six Gun, Speed Loader, Exhaust, and air intake :D
The big thing on this setup I guess is that there is no need for an EGT guage or a boost guage...

OGShocker
03-18-2004, 01:57 PM
GO HERE!!! D D ! ! ! ! ! (http://www.dieseldynamics.com/)

PHOTOGLOU
03-18-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Danhercules
I still get to drive it!!:D WHAT COLOR INTERIOR???

al cole'holic
03-18-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by PHOTOGLOU
WHAT COLOR INTERIOR???
..whats up J, how'd it end up with AAA...any luck?
Ladies and Gents, this is the "go-to" guy if you are thinking of getting into a Chevy :D

Party Cat
03-18-2004, 03:01 PM
Just the regular Juice and the Attitude will suit you just fine. It's my understanding they're really not making the Hot Juice anymore because the Attitude gets you into the same rage almost.
But he's right, this is the next step. :D
Juice/Attitude has not been released for the LLY yet...I'd check to make sure any intake system will fit for the LLY also....I'm pretty sure the AFE Stage 2 will not fit an LLY....I know that Steve Cole of TTS is working on something for the LLY's but I don't think it's been released yet...

ROZ
03-18-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Party Cat
Juice/Attitude has not been released for the LLY yet...I'd check to make sure any intake system will fit for the LLY also....I'm pretty sure the AFE Stage 2 will not fit an LLY....I know that Steve Cole of TTS is working on something for the LLY's but I don't think it's been released yet...
Who cares about the LLY, the AFE, and the TTS...How about some T I T S and some A S S :D
Sup JIm :D

BowTie Rick
03-18-2004, 04:40 PM
I can tell you the electronics and intake is different so hold off on mods for the time being. Never buy the first thing out. Its usually a rush job to get some sales before the real players come out with a properly designed and tested product that actually works. I know K&N's R&D is working on a new kit for them. If ya let us test fit on your truck, you get a FREEBIE !! Let me know if interested. As Roz said, screw AFE.

Danhercules
03-18-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by PHOTOGLOU
WHAT COLOR INTERIOR???
dark grey i think. As I sad, the wife bought the truck. I just get o drive it while towing.

little rowe boat
03-18-2004, 05:24 PM
Nice chick truck.:D

Jordy
03-18-2004, 05:57 PM
The big thing on this setup I guess is that there is no need for an EGT guage or a boost guage...
Someone is steering you waaaaaaay wrong. It never hurts to have gauges on anything with a diesel. As soon as you do anything to hop them up you should have a gauge to keep an eye on things, whether or not the manufacturer of the hop up suggests them or not. If you read the warranty on any after market hop up they are absolutely not responsibile for any consequences that happen as a result. It's up to you to monitor your stuff, especially in the realm of the new high performance common rail turbo diesels. What they do to the computers to pass emissions is undone by any of the programs involved.
The diesel is a unique creature. A gas engine, throwing more fuel on the fire fattens it up and makes it run bad. The diesel, throwing more fuel on the fire creates more power but also creates more heat. Enough heat to melt crucial engine parts, such as downpipes, exhaust, heads, pistons, and on and on and on. It's your responsibility to know what is going on. The nice thing about the Attitude is it has an upper EGT limit and will back fuel out of the equation to keep this temp below set limit. Others won't. Just something to think about.

bear down
03-18-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by BowTie Rick
I can tell you the electronics and intake is different so hold off on mods for the time being. Never buy the first thing out. Its usually a rush job to get some sales before the real players come out with a properly designed and tested product that actually works. I know K&N's R&D is working on a new kit for them. If ya let us test fit on your truck, you get a FREEBIE !! Let me know if interested. As Roz said, screw AFE.
Interested!!!
P.M. Me

CA Stu
03-18-2004, 06:06 PM
Rick's the man at K&N fer sure...
Thanks again , Rick!
CA Stu

al cole'holic
03-18-2004, 10:09 PM
Someone is steering you waaaaaaay wrong. It never hurts to have gauges on anything with a diesel. As soon as you do anything to hop them up you should have a gauge to keep an eye on things, whether or not the manufacturer of the hop up suggests them or not. If you read the warranty on any after market hop up they are absolutely not responsibile for any consequences that happen as a result. It's up to you to monitor your stuff, especially in the realm of the new high performance common rail turbo diesels. What they do to the computers to pass emissions is undone by any of the programs involved.
The diesel is a unique creature. A gas engine, throwing more fuel on the fire fattens it up and makes it run bad. The diesel, throwing more fuel on the fire creates more power but also creates more heat. Enough heat to melt crucial engine parts, such as downpipes, exhaust, heads, pistons, and on and on and on. It's your responsibility to know what is going on. The nice thing about the Attitude is it has an upper EGT limit and will back fuel out of the equation to keep this temp below set limit. Others won't. Just something to think about.
I am pretty much banking on the fact that in the 40+ years Banks has been involved with the turbo diesel platform he kinda knows what the hell he is doing ;)
This Six Gun/Speed Loader will actually pull the power/pulse curve back as the EGT's or turbine speed get into the "red zone". It is proven, and is out there with there full guarantee. This takes away the need to look at a guage pod on your pillar...:D

MagicMtnDan
03-18-2004, 10:18 PM
On my extra cab I ran them in about half way to level it out. On my crew cab I ran them all the way in to clear 285's.
Another example of Jordy talking out his ass. You may know your diesels but telling a guy to crank his torsion bars without even telling him the liabilities is not the best way to go with Bear Down. He's got a brand new truck and that's the best you can do? Stick with being a prick Jordy - it's what you do best. :eek!:

Charley
03-18-2004, 10:58 PM
VERY NICE!:D

Jordy
03-19-2004, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Another example of Jordy talking out his ass. You may know your diesels but telling a guy to crank his torsion bars without even telling him the liabilities is not the best way to go with Bear Down. He's got a brand new truck and that's the best you can do? Stick with being a prick Jordy - it's what you do best. :eek!:
**** you again Dan. Why don't you tell me about the liabilities. They must be huge because I have two HD's that I haven't had a problem with in 60,000 combined miles. Talked to offroad shops and one of my buddy's who is a GM tech. Did I mention **** you Dan? You're right up on the list of the most worthless ****tards on the board. Stick to talking out your ass. It's what you do best cocksucker. ;)

Jordy
03-19-2004, 04:31 AM
I am pretty much banking on the fact that in the 40+ years Banks has been involved with the turbo diesel platform he kinda knows what the hell he is doing ;)
This Six Gun/Speed Loader will actually pull the power/pulse curve back as the EGT's or turbine speed get into the "red zone". It is proven, and is out there with there full guarantee. This takes away the need to look at a guage pod on your pillar...:D
Like I said, the gauges are cheap insurance. Oil pressure gauges aren't required but you have them right? Kinda nice to know what's going on in your engine. I pretty much feel the same way with my truck. Funny thing, I put a Banks kit on my '94 Cheyv with the lowly 6.5 and guess what it came with? A boost gauge and a pyro. And that was just for changing the intake and exhaust. Just a suggestion. But hey, if it burns to the ground oh well, it's only money right? :D

al cole'holic
03-19-2004, 09:48 AM
Like I said, the gauges are cheap insurance. Oil pressure gauges aren't required but you have them right? Kinda nice to know what's going on in your engine. I pretty much feel the same way with my truck. Funny thing, I put a Banks kit on my '94 Cheyv with the lowly 6.5 and guess what it came with? A boost gauge and a pyro. And that was just for changing the intake and exhaust. Just a suggestion. But hey, if it burns to the ground oh well, it's only money right? :D
Consider the fact that they do not have the technology of the Six Gun/Speed Loader available for your '94 so yes a Stinger kit for that would come with a guage...:D