PDA

View Full Version : How many Ultra owners

shadow
03-18-2004, 06:35 AM
How many Ultra owners here? Who's going to the Ultra regatta?
It's been a few years since the last one.I'm sure John will do this one first class.Hopefully a big turn out.Should be a good time.

THOR
03-18-2004, 07:39 AM
I am an Ultra purchaser. I dont have my boat yet. If it is done in time, I will be there. BTW, you can count my mom and dad in too. They are also Ultra owners.

Lacolaw
03-18-2004, 08:43 AM
I am considering going. I have never been to one. I am supposed to pick up my new Ultra next friday.

redneckgirl
03-18-2004, 08:45 AM
Let's see some pictures of the new boats!!! :D :D

THOR
03-18-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Lacolaw
I am considering going. I have never been to one. I am supposed to pick up my new Ultra next friday.
What did you get?

GrapeApe
03-18-2004, 08:56 AM
My twin brother and I will be taking our Ultra there. I'm looking forward to the trip....
*** Grape Ape ***

Lightning
03-18-2004, 09:15 AM
I have an UIltra. 2002 21xs - Lightning. Not sure if I am going to the regatta, I may have a wedding to go to that weekend.

GrapeApe
03-18-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Lightning
I have an UIltra. 2002 21xs - Lightning. Not sure if I am going to the regatta, I may have a wedding to go to that weekend.
Lightning,
Is your 1st Martinez trip planned yet? We will be out there next weekend..
*** Grape Ape ***

jbtrailerjim
03-18-2004, 09:40 AM
I'm definitely going. This will be my first Ultra regatta. I got my 247XS last September. I'm sure there will be a good turnout.

chub
03-18-2004, 10:53 AM
When and where is it. I've been to three of them at Laughlin back in the day.

Dr. Eagle
03-18-2004, 11:38 AM
If I can get some time off of work and I am still working in the western US, I am going to go. Lots of ifs but I am planning on going to it if at all possible.:D

Dr. Eagle
03-18-2004, 12:20 PM
There was a thread started on this already BTW
Ultra Regatta (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42307)
:D

Lightning
03-18-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
I was thinking of swinging by the regatta just to say wassup to some people. (not an ultra owner)
If I'm in Parker I'll come up for the day. :)
RD
If we go, you can hang on our boat.

Lightning
03-18-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by GrapeApe
Lightning,
Is your 1st Martinez trip planned yet? We will be out there next weekend..
*** Grape Ape ***
1st trip planned is on the 17th of August. I may be out sooner, depending on schedule. We definately need to hang this summer.

WaTchTheGelCoat
03-18-2004, 01:03 PM
Whats up all, new to the forum.
My buddy and I will be there on Friday evening with his 21 Stealth. Looking forward to a kick ass weekend.:D

ryantparks
03-18-2004, 03:37 PM
Hopefully we will be there but probably staying at the family condo in Bullhead then boat down from Moabi or trailer from Bullhead. Ryanhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/502/605ultra_in_driveway-med.JPG

MudPumper
03-18-2004, 03:44 PM
I don't have an Ultra but we will be there in my buddies Stealth!!!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3033Ultra_Cove-med.JPG

GrapeApe
03-18-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by ryantparks
Hopefully we will be there but probably staying at the family condo in Bullhead then boat down from Moabi or trailer from Bullhead. Ryanhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/502/605ultra_in_driveway-med.JPG
I really like your color combo.. Great choices.
*** Grape Ape ***

JustMVG
03-18-2004, 08:21 PM
I'll be there with the family in our 95 21LX , this will be our first regatta too.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/85scan1-med.jpg
Mike VG

RUCAV
03-18-2004, 09:05 PM
I am definitely looking forward to the Regatta. I took my new Ultra 247XS to Havasu last weekend. The boat ran like a champ. Love it. The stereo is a whole other thread. 1 word! "Nightmare". But the boat more than made up for it. RYANTPARKS. Your color scheme is very similar to mine. Therefore, IT's HOT!
The weather was great, but the water is still cold. But it beats being at home.

Lacolaw
03-18-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by THOR
What did you get?
I got the new 24 Stealth...
I just talked to them today...Its in the upholstery shop, no longer then two weeks from completion...

THOR
03-18-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Lacolaw
I got the new 24 Stealth...
I just talked to them today...Its in the upholstery shop, no longer then two weeks from completion...
NICE!
I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and they have sold so many I probably wont get it until late May or early June. I am hoping to get it the Friday before the Ultra regatta and win 'newest' boat. ;)

THOR
03-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by RUCAV
I am definitely looking forward to the Regatta. I took my new Ultra 247XS to Havasu last weekend. The boat ran like a champ. Love it. The stereo is a whole other thread. 1 word! "Nightmare". But the boat more than made up for it. RYANTPARKS. Your color scheme is very similar to mine. Therefore, IT's HOT!
The weather was great, but the water is still cold. But it beats being at home.
What is wrong with the stereo? Who did the install?

RUCAV
03-18-2004, 10:08 PM
The installer was someone the OC Ultra reccomended. He apparently had done alot of work back in the day on competition cars. He was supposed to have the work done the first weekend of the LA Boat show, but just he finished last week. He screwed alot of stuff up that I have to pay someone else to fix. He also installed my XM Ski Fi unit which stopped working last Saturday at the sand bar. He is not affiliated with Ultra as a whole, just the guys at OC.

jbtrailerjim
03-18-2004, 10:15 PM
The installer was someone the OC Ultra reccomended. He apparently had done alot of work back in the day on competition cars. He was supposed to have the work done the first weekend of the LA Boat show, but just he finished last week. He screwed alot of stuff up that I have to pay someone else to fix. He also installed my XM Ski Fi unit which stopped working last Saturday at the sand bar. He is not affiliated with Ultra as a whole, just the guys at OC.
Rick,
That sucks. Sorry to here about that. Did you tell the guy's at Ultra OC thanks for the good recomendation?;)

RUCAV
03-18-2004, 10:22 PM
Examples of the crappy work.
1. I told him I wanted 4, 6x9's, 2, 6.5's and 2, 10"s, with speakers all the way up to the open bow. He put all the 6x9's under the rear seat. I had to buy 2 more speakers to go in the bow. If I would have taken 2 out of the back, id of had to pay an upolstery guy to fix the holes.
2. He put the DVD player so close to the marine cover, it would open 1/2".
3. He cut a hole in the foot rests, put plexi glass and put one of the amps there. Looks cool, but the sun beats right down on the amp and there is no ventilation. Plus, the water that gets on the carpet could seep right onto the amp.
4. He put the XM radio in the most remote corner of the cuddy cabin, so the remote control wont work.
5. He installed a broken electrical switch.
6. He quoted me 10 hours for the install. Half way through he was trying to bill me for 17 hours.
7. He said the boat would be done January 24th. He finished it March 8th.
8. Uses carpet instead of vinyl to put the speaker in the cup holder area in the bow. Totally cheesy.
OC Ultra wanted me to pay the installer the other half of the fee even though I have to take it somewhere in Havasu to have all the mistakes fixed, not to mention the month and a half my BRAND NEW BOAT sat there.
And just for your information, I started my anger management classes and they seem to be working out fine. :D

RUCAV
03-18-2004, 10:25 PM
Jim
I was looking for your boat at the lake, but didnt see it. Andrew at OC Ultra has been pretty good about it. I think he was sincere when he was telling me how sorry he was for everything. I think he is stressed about money and asked me to pay for the work regardless. There is no way in hell Im gonna pay for that.
Rick

jbtrailerjim
03-18-2004, 10:35 PM
Jim
I was looking for your boat at the lake, but didnt see it. Andrew at OC Ultra has been pretty good about it. I think he was sincere when he was telling me how sorry he was for everything. I think he is stressed about money and asked me to pay for the work regardless. There is no way in hell Im gonna pay for that.
Rick
I have not been out to Havasu yet. I hope to get out there soon though. I'm dieing to take the boat out.

RUCAV
03-19-2004, 07:22 AM
I hear that. I'm dying to go back too. I have a parker trip April 1-4 and am looking for another excuse to go out there. I got a spot at Campbell boats so im not trailering it every time.

THOR
03-19-2004, 07:53 AM
Rucav, that sucks a$$ man. I am totally pissed just reading your thread.
JB, you havent been the Havi? Isnt that Havi in your avatar? Looks like the channel.
THOR <-- calling BS just for fun :D

jbtrailerjim
03-19-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by THOR
Rucav, that sucks a$$ man. I am totally pissed just reading your thread.
JB, you havent been the Havi? Isnt that Havi in your avatar? Looks like the channel.
THOR <-- calling BS just for fun :D
LOL.....I have not been yet this year. The new Ultra has actually seen Havasu four times before the end last season.
JB<------Wouldn't bullshit you guy's.;) :D