PDA

View Full Version : Lake Pleasant this Saturday

Craig
03-18-2004, 03:00 PM
OK, a bunch of us will be heading out Saturday morning :) Probably cruise around a bit and then hit the marina restaraunt around noon. After that head back to Humbug :D Hopefully I'll be there in my own running boat. Looking pretty good at this point :p

Slick
03-18-2004, 03:05 PM
Workin' on it

HotRod Sprint
03-18-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Craig
OK, a bunch of us will be heading out Saturday morning :) Probably cruise around a bit and then hit the marina restaraunt around noon. After that head back to Humbug :D Hopefully I'll be there in my own running boat. Looking pretty good at this point :p
Hey Craig, good to hear about the boat. What's up with Troy, been trying to get a hold of him. I need those parts man.
Rod

roln 20s
03-18-2004, 04:06 PM
I'm not going to make it, but if all works out- I'll be rollin a new truck that afternoon :D Pics to come...and yes will have 20s (that was obvious)
Take some pics- I'll catch up with you all next time.
Roln 20s

Craig
03-18-2004, 04:15 PM
Hey Rod, what parts do you still need from Troy?
Patrick, we'll catch ya'out there. Be moving to Sundays for lake day at the end of the month, another one of them damn refuel outages :( Luckiy this ones only 33 days!

DogHouse
03-18-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by roln 20s
I'm not going to make it, but if all works out- I'll be rollin a new truck that afternoon :D Pics to come...and yes will have 20s (that was obvious)
Take some pics- I'll catch up with you all next time.
Roln 20s
Oh, I see where your priorities are... Ya know, an old truck will tow a new boat, even if it is a Howard! ;)
That thing better be a 3/4 ton or better. These 26+ ft cats ain't light. :D

roln 20s
03-18-2004, 07:44 PM
Oh, I see where your priorities are... Ya know, an old truck will tow a new boat, even if it is a Howard!
A new truck will tow it better, and if the old truck dies at the end of the year, its not going to be towing crap and there goes the boat for a while, don't want that.
That thing better be a 3/4 ton or better. These 26+ ft cats ain't light.
Nope, its gonna be the New 2004 Chevrolet (not Chebby :D) 1/2 ton crew cab with the 5.3. It should be more than enough for anything in my range. Towing is 8500 pounds, 295HP, and the BULLETS only weigh around 5800-6000 on the trailer--whats all that cat talk- those were so pre LA Boat Show :D
Roln 20s

DogHouse
03-18-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by roln 20s
...whats all that cat talk- those were so pre LA Boat Show :D
Roln 20s
I think you need another ride in a CAT!!! :devil: :)

HotRod Sprint
03-18-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Craig
Hey Rod, what parts do you still need from Troy?
Patrick, we'll catch ya'out there. Be moving to Sundays for lake day at the end of the month, another one of them damn refuel outages :( Luckiy this ones only 33 days!
Craig, still neeeeeeeding AN water inlets and outlets. Also he has an alternator and bracket. Emailed him after he got back home, he said he would get back to me. Tried calling him last night, but got voice mail.
Rod

roln 20s
03-18-2004, 10:24 PM
I think you need another ride in a CAT!!!
No doubt I love the ride, its that INSURANCE thing thats a bitch. I'm too young to get insurance, I need to wait til I'm all growed up-hehe :D
I absolutely love how they look on the trailer too- the stance is just bad ass.
Roln 20s

Jordy
03-19-2004, 04:38 AM
Depending on what happens today I may just be out there tomorrow. :D

Craig
03-19-2004, 06:18 AM
The ways things look now, we're going to go out Sat AND Sunday. T want's to take a friend out and she can't go until Sunday. So both days it is :)

91nordic29
03-19-2004, 06:33 AM
cant wait to see everyone. we will see if we can be at the marina at noon for a soda;) :cool:

Slick
03-19-2004, 07:35 AM
We'll be out for sure. Hopefully around 10:00 or 10:30 since we have to pic the bilge rats up not later than 5:00.
Patrick, we have '03 Yukon XL with the 5.3. It tows very well with our boat but I don't know that I'd want to push the upper tow range on a regular basis. It's just not all that. I don't know how much better the 6.0 is, but if yer plannin' on a bigger boat, save for a 3/4 ton and a diesel.

roln 20s
03-19-2004, 08:00 AM
Thanks slick- my goal is to keep this for about 8 years, then I will be 31, then get a Peterbuilt and a 40 Skater:D but if not, at that point I will probably upgrade to a 3/4 ton truck and lift it, but I don't need that anytime soon. Everyone seems to have great luck with the 5.3 and towing. Glad to hear you like it too. Man I really need to get out to the lake soon with everyone, you bringing those jello shots? Maybe next weekend.
Roln 20s