PDA

View Full Version : Rear end sag

4day!!
03-18-2004, 05:18 PM
No my ass is ok(wifes too). What do you guys recommend to bring my rear end up on an 04 expedition 2WD, while it is loaded with the boat. Looking for something somewhat economical. Ride Rite, helper springs, etc..????

Dr. Eagle
03-18-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by 4day!!
No my ass is ok(wifes too). What do you guys recommend to bring my rear end up on an 04 expedition 2WD, while it is loaded with the boat. Looking for something somewhat economical. Ride Rite, helper springs, etc..????
I think I'd opt for air shocks. Pretty inexpensive and they do a great job If you are just doing a little load leveling. The helper springs will make the ride stiffer... just my $.02

little rowe boat
Use overloads= cheaper
Airbags= more expensive with a better ride.

RiverToysJas
Air Bags! it'll cost you about $320 if you get everything from Summit. ;)
RTJas :D <- planning to do airbags later this year.

Jungle Boy
03-18-2004, 05:25 PM
Air bags is the best way to go.

MudPumper
03-18-2004, 05:34 PM
Yup, air bags is it. You can go with a manual fill, cheaper, or onboard compressor, not cheaper!!!:D :D

Mandelon
03-18-2004, 06:08 PM
I put bags on my pickup and they are pretty cool. You can pump them up to 100 lbs to support a heavy load, or let em down to 5 lbs, when running empty.
The heavier springs don't offer that option.
You can get an onboard compressor and remote if you want, but I didn't bother, a quick blast with my CO2 Powertank and they are good.

Havasu Hangin'
03-18-2004, 06:12 PM
I bagged my Tahoe...very handy, and completely leveled the ride. The onboard compressor is the way to go...you can pump them up or down from the comfort of the AC...
...hey Flamin'Jason...let me know if you need a consultant (AKA- the guy that comes over and drinks all yer beer).

repo man
03-18-2004, 06:18 PM
i use air bags on my repo truck. there nice because u only use them when u need em.

RiverToysJas
03-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
...hey Flamin'Jason...let me know if you need a consultant (AKA- the guy that comes over and drinks all yer beer).
Oh I'm well aware of your experience, and don't you worry my friend, you'll be the first call I'll make when the UPS man leaves the boxes at my door!!! ;)
RTJas :D

Havasu Hangin'
03-18-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
Oh I'm well aware of your experience, and don't you worry my friend, you'll be the first call I'll make when the UPS man leaves the boxes at my door!!!
I'll start working you up a quote...;)

AZKC
03-18-2004, 06:44 PM
Bag It ;)

ROZ
03-18-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
I'll start working you up a quote...;)
You'd better read the fine print. He thinks 75 per hour is Chump change...

v-drive
03-18-2004, 07:39 PM
Bite the bullet and do airbags. I know two people who have them and you absolutely will not be sorry...:cool: v-drive

THATJEFFGUY
03-18-2004, 08:58 PM
My Excursion is airbagged in the rear...no sag when I hook the boat up, and IMO it's the best way to go, and a much smoother ride !

4day!!
03-18-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
I put bags on my pickup and they are pretty cool. You can pump them up to 100 lbs to support a heavy load, or let em down to 5 lbs, when running empty.
You can get an onboard compressor and remote if you want, but I didn't bother, a quick blast with my CO2 Powertank and they are good.
So there is something portable to keep in the vehicle, small and compact (a quick blast with my CO2 Powertank and they are good). How much do these bags typically run installed and what brands?
Thanks for all the replies so far

Danhercules
03-19-2004, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Mandelon
What he said, Good do be stock when not towing. I have a work truck with spings, with no load, that friggen thing bounces!!!!
Go air bags.

91nordic29
03-19-2004, 10:31 AM
darn! i thought this was a spam thread for the butt and thigh master combo!;)

Ducatista
03-19-2004, 11:01 AM
I used Firestone Ride-Rite heavy duty(5000lb) air bags on my Burb with the onboard compressor(like HH says you can adjust on the fly with the air conditioning on). The compressor adds about 100 bucks to the setup but well worth it. Another option is Firestone makes a Coil-Rite system for the expedition that runs around 80 bucks. They are bags that fit inside the existing springs that adjust from 500 to 1000lbs. Thats a real good inexpensive option for the expedition.

MagicMtnDan
03-19-2004, 11:36 AM
Best way to improve that Expedition is to get yourself a Chevy :D

4day!!
03-19-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Best way to improve that Expedition is to get yourself a Chevy :D
OUCH, MMD if i want your opinion i'll give it to you. jsut kidding. thanks for the replies..