PDA

View Full Version : FREE MP3 programs?

ROZ
03-19-2004, 01:38 PM
I need one. What do you guys recommend?

572Daytona
03-19-2004, 01:47 PM
What are you looking for something to play MP3's or create them from your CD's? Winamp is probably one of the better players, I think you need to to pay if you want to make your own MP3's using it though.

ROZ
03-19-2004, 01:52 PM
I want to rip, burn, and store music. I never had a use for it until now...

572Daytona
03-19-2004, 02:20 PM
Windows Media Player v9 can do all of that and it's free. The only problem is that it creates .wma files and not mp3's. A lot of the portable players support wma as well as mp3 so that might not be an issue. I think there are also plugins available for WMP that will convert to MP3. Personally I use the program that came with my mp3 player to create my mp3's.

Cheap Thrills
03-19-2004, 02:45 PM
Here ya go .
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/ (It's FREE !)
be sure to get the WMA plugin also .
as to a burning program , 6 of one half dozen of the other as far as mp3 are concerned.
If your program doesnt offer a MP3 option, just select DATA mode that'll do it .:D
C.T. :wink:

locogringo
03-19-2004, 10:03 PM
ROZ, I have all my CD's MP3-ripped on my hard drive (and then some) and I won't use anything but RealPlayer but that's just me.
When you make MP3's as a data file on your CD, you can have it categorized by album or CD. Also, when doing MP3's as a non-data burn, you can have them cross-fade from song to song for continous river mojo with no breaks in between songs.

AgentX85239
03-19-2004, 10:11 PM
I found itunes to be easy to use, free too. If you have a lot of cds you want to rip, itunes organizes them pretty well.
http://www.apple.com/itunes
it works for PC too, not just mac

GlastronGuy
03-19-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by locogringo
ROZ, I have all my CD's MP3-ripped on my hard drive (and then some) and I won't use anything but RealPlayer but that's just me.
When you make MP3's as a data file on your CD, you can have it categorized by album or CD. Also, when doing MP3's as a non-data burn, you can have them cross-fade from song to song for continous river mojo with no breaks in between songs.
You're right. You're the only person using Real Player for anything.
;)
I use dbpoweramp too and Music Match to sort them.

beyondhelpin
03-19-2004, 11:20 PM
I like Roxio. Pretty good program. A little expensive. But it will do anything from cleaning up the pops and hiss off of album to the burning of mp3s.