PDA

View Full Version : Boost Power

WetWillie
06-29-2002, 09:21 PM
Anyone use there motors? See there adds and there site. They make alot of choices 1600 all the way down.
Any good or bad input on these guys?
Wet

BoatFloating
07-23-2002, 07:32 PM
WetWillie:
Anyone use there motors? See there adds and there site. They make alot of choices 1600 all the way down.
Any good or bad input on these guys?
WetA friend of mine has the 540 Boost Power motor and he's got 100 hours on it and has no complaints. Alexi the owner used to work for Teague, so he knows his stuff.
BF..... :rolleyes:
[ July 23, 2002, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: BoatFloating ]

78DiMarco
07-24-2002, 01:14 PM
I have never had any work done by them but Alexi has a real nice shop. A buddy of mine has had some power steering work performed and they did get it right after a couple of attempts.

Unchained
07-24-2002, 06:02 PM
I saw their ad in Hot Boat mag of the engines for sale. My first thought was that they had a misprint and the decimal point was off a notch on the engine prices. :D

SmartMoney
07-25-2002, 10:57 AM
Maybe a little pricey....but as the old saying goes, "YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET!" His stuff is TOP of the line. Call Him, he'll work with you!
My buddy just got a 509 Whipple motor from him.
WOW!

Blown in Big Bear Lake
11-02-2007, 06:29 PM
When I was a kid around 9 or 10 years old I met this little Italian kid when I lived in Sylmar, Ca. named Rocky or Rocko if you were to hear his mom call him or just Rock if it was his father speaking. Any way all this this was short for Ralph, Ralph jr. to be exact. You see Rocky could not stand to be called by his birth name (Ralph) so we all called him ROCKY which turned to be pretty cool for the little dago around 1978 because another Italian guy with a funny first name (sylvester) was getting pretty popular by the name Rocky. Back to the story it turns out Rocky`s old man wasnt to fond of the name either because anyone who wasn`t family or didnt know better usually called Ralph sr. Sonny . Picture this man, heres this close to middle aged Italian cat with these faded levis not due to the sun or wear but because they got so much freakin fiberglass dust in and on them its makin me itch even today. Ok so the levis and just a plain old white V-neck t shirt black worn out work boots, black hair with the grey racing stripes down the sides and dont forget the killer old school Ray bans and of course the soggy stinky half smoked cigar which seemed to be permanently fixed to the corner of his mouth. So me and the kid are unseperable from the gate and still to this day I consider him to have been and is my best friend. So he takes me to his dads shop one day down of the 118 fwy near maclay st. where I walk in and heres a handfull of bad ass boats in different stages of construction from the molds to the final coat of wax. Are you catching on yet? I thought you would so for a few more years I hung around the Dimarco boat compound with my pal Rocky Dimarco and watched how some of the finest and fastest quarter mile hydros and flats were built until the day Sonny Dimarco flipped a boat I believe was named eliminator or something close to it at well over 150mph and just about ripped his ankle and foot off his leg in the violent crash that ended his career and eventually the construction of Dimarco boats. Dont get me wrong it wasnt the crash that brought sonny Dimarco out of the boat business I think ithad somethin to do with his wonderfull wife Evelyn bringing it to his attention that his family needed him more than the water and the smell of blown gas or alcohol 1/4 mile drag boats that could wisk him away in an instant from the starting line and possibly even away forever in a flash. Sonny knew it was true also and respectfully walked away from drag boats while he still could although he limped about as much as that crazy old black dog Hillbilly may he rest in peace. So I believe that after Sonny hung up his safety vest he soon slowly lost his passion for racing and the need to build one of the finest ,fastest and strongest boats ever made. Tell me how many stress cracks are in your old Dimarco? yea thats what I figured. By the way Sonny, Evelyn ,Rocky ,Janet (Rocky`s wife) and kids live in a semi quite town up in northern cal where sonny is still a workaholic running a dumptruck and backhoe service . Rockys thing has always been dirt bikes and still is but if you ask me theres still probably a couple of Dimarco Molds out there somewhere and a whole lot of people in the boating world that would love to see a 2008 or 2009 new Dimarco Boats flattie rippin past em . Puts a smile on my face just thinking about it. I think I`ll give the kid a call tonight if any thing just to do some planting. Later .

sstjet
11-04-2007, 04:58 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Rexone
11-05-2007, 12:26 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/trolling.jpg

franky
11-05-2007, 05:34 AM
Lighten up Rio, I thought it was a good story. Besides, it calmed me down and kept me from MF'n Alexi.

Schiada76
11-05-2007, 05:51 AM
Lighten up Rio, I thought it was a good story. Besides, it calmed me down and kept me from MF'n Alexi.
Now why would anyone want to do that?:)

jimsplace
11-05-2007, 08:14 AM
I thought it was a good story too. However, I kept scrolling back up to the beginning to see what I had missed. Starting a new thread would have been appropriate.
In one sense it was "hijacking" the thread, but it isn't the first time and won't be the last time it happens.
Perhaps we can all learn something. If it is a different subject or topic, start a new post.
By the way, haven't we all just done that "HIJACKED" this post.

ROCKYD102
11-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Hey Rio ,
This Is Rocky Dimarco Letting You Know To Back Off My Boy There Nothing Wrong With The Way People Post Stuff.it Just Sounds To Me Like You Personally Do Not Have Any Names To Throw Around.
Blown In Big Bear Is One Of The Most Awesome People In This Forum So A Lil Advise Relax On Your Comments And Be Cool With What And How People Post There Own Comments.peace Out
Rocky D.

Outlaw
11-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Hey Big Bear,
good story.... Have you ever considered writing a book
or a mag column?

BadKachina
11-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Hey Rio ,
This Is Rocky Dimarco Letting You Know To Back Off My Boy There Nothing Wrong With The Way People Post Stuff.it Just Sounds To Me Like You Personally Do Not Have Any Names To Throw Around.
Blown In Big Bear Is One Of The Most Awesome People In This Forum So A Lil Advise Relax On Your Comments And Be Cool With What And How People Post There Own Comments.peace Out
Rocky D.
You forgot one.:D
BTW, I'm with Rio, WTF does his comment have to do with this thread or did he omit part of the novel???
Somebody asked specifically about Boost Power and he gets a story about growing up watching you build boats? I don't see the relationship between the two.:confused:

ghittner
11-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Hey Rio ,
Rocky D.
Don't know you, don't care frankly... Never throw names because I don't need to especially yours, which I DO NOT KNOW. This thread was hijacked. Thanks RIODOG. PS, I ended buying a set of 350 CC Cantons...

ghittner
11-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Now, back to the thread. All the major motor manufacturers are expensive compared to building it yourself. However, I like the stuff I've seen from Boostpowers owner/founder in his ***boat magazine articles and some of the advise I've taken into my own builds. I think he has it down. His free advice on the website is good as well.....

gn7
11-06-2007, 06:14 AM
guys, your chain is being jerked:D get a grip

Infomaniac
11-08-2007, 02:15 AM
Who could expect a thread that spans 5 years to stay on topic and not have drama. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Even if only 1 page long.