PDA

View Full Version : Havasu On MTV

Havasu Cig
03-20-2004, 12:13 PM
Just watched a show on MTV called "Scammed". Looks like it was filmed from the Nautical. It is part of MTV's spring break special. I guess it does not matter if the city wants them there or not.:confused:

DeltaSigBoater
03-20-2004, 12:20 PM
I think LHC officals didn't want MTV out on the lake.

BADBLOWN572
03-20-2004, 10:54 PM
I hope they ban MTV from Havasu! They did enough damage last time they were there.

superdave013
03-20-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by BADBLOWN572
I hope they ban MTV from Havasu! They did enough damage last time they were there.
No shit! I hold them responsable for the death of copper canyon as we knew it! :mad:

gnarley
03-21-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
No shit! I hold them responsable for the death of copper canyon as we knew it! :mad:
So for some of us that haven't been there what was it like before, and now after?

jlnorthrup122
03-21-2004, 10:30 AM
So for some of us that haven't been there what was it like before, and now after?
Yes inquiring minds want to know!!!!

Nucking futs
03-21-2004, 05:53 PM
Havasu was the place to be before it got commercialized from mtv.You could get a spot in the channel any time of day on a big weekend and never had a problem with the law.Now you even look like trouble the law is all over ya.I remember cruising through the channel one late sat driving my little river rocket open headers (no mufflers) and sipping on a beer and drove next to the law all the way through the channel and not once did he even question me drinking and driving or my loud ass boat.a few years ago i was returring from the sand bar and was cut off by some lake lice (pwc) and i got pulled over for no reason other than the pwc jumping through my 3' wake and the cop told me i sprayed them and took me to jail for assuming i was under the influence (i was not blew a .01)but took me for unsafe boating while the 30' cats are going 130 throught he gourge.So i blame mtv for the crowds and all the idiots that made "OUR" lake what it is today and we should all get a classaction lawsiut against mtv for ****ing up our play time!!! just my .02 cents

welk2party
03-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Amen futs!:rolleyes:

rvrpig
03-21-2004, 09:30 PM
Hey there nucking futs...what do you mean OUR RIVER. do you live here are you a local...they come out here from the same area as you do so what gives you the right to want to deny them the lake. If any thing the locals that live here year around should have the complaints.

superdave013
03-21-2004, 09:37 PM
Well I don't totally agree with the above. There was crowds but it was boater and not scum bag gang bangers. About open headers, well I had to push my flat out of the channel due to open headers before MTV too.
The big difference is this.
Here is a classic shot I took pre MTV on a memorial weekend. Still lots of crowds. Note the lack of huge friggen boats (not that that has anything to due with MTV).
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/9copper_canyon_pre_mtv-med.jpg
Now this is what copper canyon looks like on a big weekend.
http:// 2202
Don't see a pic right? That's right, it's closed down now.

ZSARGO
03-21-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Nucking futs
Havasu was the place to be before it got commercialized from mtv.You could get a spot in the channel any time of day on a big weekend and never had a problem with the law.Now you even look like trouble the law is all over ya.I remember cruising through the channel one late sat driving my little river rocket open headers (no mufflers) and sipping on a beer and drove next to the law all the way through the channel and not once did he even question me drinking and driving or my loud ass boat.a few years ago i was returring from the sand bar and was cut off by some lake lice (pwc) and i got pulled over for no reason other than the pwc jumping through my 3' wake and the cop told me i sprayed them and took me to jail for assuming i was under the influence (i was not blew a .01)but took me for unsafe boating while the 30' cats are going 130 throught he gourge.So i blame mtv for the crowds and all the idiots that made "OUR" lake what it is today and we should all get a classaction lawsiut against mtv for ****ing up our play time!!! just my .02 cents
THE CROWDS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM. I'M NOT SURE WHERE THESE JACKOFFS COME FROM BUT THEY SURE ARE A BUNCH OF DISRESPECTFUL SLOBS. I WAS IN THE CHANNEL ON SATURDAY AND I THINK I COULD HAVE PURCHASED A NEW F34 (CASH) IF I PICKED UP ALL THE CANS AND BOTTLES LITTERING THE CHANNEL AND RECYCLED THEM. HOW ABOUT THESE SLOBS PICK UP AFTER THEMSELVES. THEY CAME DOWN FROM IDAHO, COLORADO, OREGON AND EVEN SOME FROM ARIZONA THIS WEEKEND FOR SPRING BREAK TO YES OUR RIVER AND THRASH THE PLACE. THE ONE WEEK A MONTH THEY SPEND IN HAVASU RUINS IT FOR THE REST OF USE WHO SPEND TWO OR THREE WEEKENDS A MONTH AT THE LAKE. BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY THAT THE ECONOMY IN LHC WOULD BE JUST FINE WITHOUT THESE HANDFULL OF JACKOFFS.

ZSARGO
03-21-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by rvrpig
Hey there nucking futs...what do you mean OUR RIVER. do you live here are you a local...they come out here from the same area as you do so what gives you the right to want to deny them the lake. If any thing the locals that live here year around should have the complaints.
YOU THINK THE REAL ESTATE PRICES AND THE ECONOMY IN LAKE HAVASU IS SO STRONG BECAUSE OF THE LOCALS. THINK AGAIN. IT'S CALIFORNIA MONEY. THE DOLLAR AMOUNT OF REAL ESTATE OWNED BY CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS AS SECOND HOMES DWARFS THE REAL ESTATE OWNED BY LOCALS. SO YES OUR RIVER.

rvrpig
03-21-2004, 11:35 PM
I agree that people who do not frequent the river or lake on a regular basis have very little respect for the ecosystem (trash..cans..etc.) But there is very little respect for the locals that live here. I live in a property owners community and alot of the people that live down here are out of town weekenders. They come out shooting off fire works....playing music until all hours of the morning. I have to live here and work....I am sure they would not appreceite it if i was living next door to them and did that during the middle of the week.
MOST...not all....of the people that I have met that are weekenders think there crap doesnt stink and the locals should bow down to them. So when it comes down to it....Our river...is the locals...and the few people that can come down here with respect.
As for California Money.....we did fine with out it before and I am sure we would do fine with out it again......if we could get so lucky:yuk:

rvrpig
03-21-2004, 11:50 PM

HavasuDreamin'
03-22-2004, 07:13 AM
MOST...not all....of the people that I have met that are weekenders think there crap doesnt stink and the locals should bow down to them. So when it comes down to it....Our river...is the locals...and the few people that can come down here with respect.
Number one, your name, nor any of the locals names are on the "title" to the river. Number two, perhaps your perception of the weekenders is a result of you and other locals being pissed off people with chips on your shoulders more so than the weekenders being a**holes. Number three, there are weekenders that have been traveling to the Co. River for longer than you have been alive, so don't lump all these people in with the dumb asses. There are stupid people everywhere, including the river, get use to it.

Desert Rat
03-22-2004, 07:28 AM
As for California Money.....we did fine with out it before and I am sure we would do fine with out it again......if we could get so lucky:yuk:
Looks to me like you ARE California money being that your location is stated as Needles:wink:

Danhercules
03-22-2004, 08:40 AM
I think he means the boaters river. Our River, like the people that have been going there for years, not starting fights, helping some broken boat. No gang bangers. I bet thats what he means by OUR RIVER.
Thats what I think anyway.

WaterBox
03-22-2004, 09:06 AM
Good Point !:rolleyes:

Mr.Havasu
03-22-2004, 09:45 AM
People who are "River Aware" ...It's there river. :cool:
People who come to disrespect, fight, litter etc. Get the **** off and go home! :mad:

WaterBox
03-22-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by warlock25
People who come to disrespect, fight, litter etc. Get the **** off and go home! :mad:
Warlock. I like the way you think.

Kilrtoy
03-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Aren't the people that live there, the ones that break into peoples houses. Break into peoples storage units. Aren't they the teakers that are always crashing into people on the highway.
Are those the people you are refffering to that live at the river and own it. Are those the people that are upstanding citizens, they are the ones that live next store to wear the cali money lives and they are the ones ripping them off. Granted that is not the whole community.
Why do people always pop up on here with 3 post.

Nucking futs
03-22-2004, 10:51 AM
Well , i was a local and i did own a house and i have grown up there as well!What i meant was that after mtv you now have a bunch of people that go there and disrespect the lake ,the beaches and the town as a whole.i mean come on i go to dennys for breakfast and you cant find a parking spot because the spring breakers are all sleeping in their cars because one, they cant afford the rooms and two,there are no rooms to be had if you have the money and why is that i wonder? oh its the boaters that come from all over and make your town thrive in the summer time.Why is it the the houses are selling like hot cakes? oh its the boaters that come to spend thier hard earner money to have their vacation house near the lake that they love.so the way i see it "YOUR" lake is what it is because "YOU" made it that way huh?pull your head out of your ass and read in to what i wrote.

Three Days Only
03-22-2004, 11:04 AM
All you guys and your bickering. It's a government / federal lake, and we are lucky we can even use it!!!!!!!!
my.02
Jeff / 3DO

RiverToysJas
03-22-2004, 11:11 AM
I assume you must be refering to a time before the London Bridge was brought in (opened in 1971), because "you" have been getting and living with California tourism and relocation money ever since then.
The loaction on your profile is Needles anyway. :confused:
RTJas :D

HighRoller
03-22-2004, 11:20 AM
Non-Boaters for the most part are the problem. The ones who float into town with no watercraft of any kind hoping to get drunk, see some tits and bum rides from people they don't know. These people don't care if they litter, act like an idiot or get into fights because if they cause a cove to get closed down they just don't come back. It's not like they came there before, and they have nothing invested in their weekend besides hotel room fees. And yes, there were crowds in Havasu before MTV on the big weekends, but you could still enjoy the place on a normal weekend. Look at it now. Those pictures of the channel and sandbar make me wanna puke! I guess it's worth swimming in piss and boat exhaust as long as you're where the party's at.:eek:

Liquid Courage
03-22-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Non-Boaters for the most part are the problem..... Those pictures of the channel and sandbar make me wanna puke!....
I agree. it's the people who come w/out a rides that are the probs. And about the channel...It appears that will soon not be an issue either since this is the next place the local govt has decided to "deal" with. According to the last issue of PBM the local law is going to either 1) shut down the channel on big weekends. 2) make it one way or 3) not allow beaching on one of the sides.
And I think we can all agree the problem with the channel started after they closed the sand bar...the problems w/ the sand bar started after they closed copper canyon and the problems with copper canyon started after MTV came to town.
But hey, its an easy fix, I just don't go on big weekends anymore...It's a better time on an off weekend evertime!
Bye the way...Whats up Hav/cig...You gonna make it to the poker run April 25th?
Tank

ZSARGO
03-22-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by warlock25
HEY BUDDY,
SORRY I DIDN'T CALL YOU BACK THE OTHER DAY. THE NEW BOAT IS OVER AT SAVAGE GETTING SOME LOUSE ENDS FIXED. AS SOON AS IT IS DONE, I WILL GIVE YOU A BUZZ. THANKS.

Kilrtoy
03-22-2004, 11:17 PM
By the way.
Im looking to buy a 5th wheel, Where can I dump it in Havasu.
I want to live there every other weekend and be disrespectful and spend my money there.