PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Eliminator Daytona

kyelimeagle
03-20-2004, 06:41 PM
I recently purchased a 1997 27' Eliminator Daytona. I have been spending some time with it in the garage. Can't wait til summer. But I have a question I hope someone can answer! Say that it rains, where does the water go? It does not look as if there is a drain from the cabin area into the bilge. I assume rain would likely get into the sponsons? How would it get out? Thanks for the help. Eric

oknozelman
03-20-2004, 08:01 PM
A shop vac. :D my boat is a 24 tunnel w/ small steps in the hull and even though it has drain holes the water still will not run out. I have to get out the shop vac.

Havasu Jim
03-21-2004, 08:56 AM
I have 28 Daytona and have never had that problem, I might add that I live in NM and we don't have any rain or lakes so we go to Az (Havasu) and it don't rain there either. I would think that you have a rain proof cover or that you store it inside, you don't stay out in the boat when it rains that much, do you? Mine has a ski locker in between the two front seats that has drains into the bilge and the water is pumped out from there. I have never had that problem and therefor I keep the drains in the ski locker plugged so that I don't get all that gunk and stuff in the carpet in there. I hope this info has been helpful. Enjoy your Daytona, I do mine.
regards,
Havasu Jim :cool:

kyelimeagle
03-21-2004, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the replies, I'm like you Jim my boat will not get wet, but I'm completely anal about little details. How could I even know if there's water in there? It does not appear that there is a passage way from inside the sponsons to the bilge. I also do not see an inspection plate or any way to check for water( that is without a sawzall!) Is there any way to check this in a daytona? Eliminator had to design some kind of way for the water to drain, I doubt that they would assume they could keep water out. THANKS

welk2party
03-22-2004, 03:23 PM
They usually drill small holes in the bulkheads for draining. But it should not be a problem unless you are going to run a water hose in the boat.

kyelimeagle
03-22-2004, 08:12 PM
Thanks Welk, I will worry no longer!