PDA

View Full Version : Elsinore

catalinaskiracer
03-29-2006, 06:58 PM
All, I wanted to get this out there. This weekend there will be water ski races being held at Lake Elsinore. During the races I, with the help of "lifesariver.com" will being selling "lifesariver.com" T-Shirts with all proceeds going to my cousin's liver transplant fund, info on that in the posting above called "It's time to make a difference" I wanted to let everyone know so they come and watch some great racing, see some increadable boats and have some fun and help a GREAT! cause. Lifesariver and myself will be set up by boat 309 just look for the banner's. Hope to see some of you there and please introduce yourself so I can finally meet some of you who have already helped!
Gery Sinnott
race will be at
Elm Grove Beach
(Interstate 15 – exit Main St. Go South. Turn right on Graham. Turn left on Lindsay.Turn left on Lakeshore Drive. Follow signs to launch ramp.)
Lake Elsinore, CA

catalinaskiracer
03-29-2006, 07:42 PM
keeping it up on the list...

h20skiracer
03-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Wish I was makin in out there! How much are the shirts?

life's a river
03-29-2006, 08:08 PM
Wish I was makin in out there! How much are the shirts?
The shirts will be $15. Shoot me a PM and we can work something out.
Pray for good weather. = No more rain!
LAR

SHAKEN Not Stirred
03-29-2006, 08:39 PM
I'll see you there Gery !!!!!!!
:rollside:

Midlife Advantage
03-29-2006, 08:47 PM
Is this Saturday AND Sunday, and what is a good time to show up?

catalinaskiracer
03-29-2006, 10:03 PM
Yes, Saturday and Sunday the races start at about 9:00 both days and and will finish up around 2 or 3pm.

catalinaskiracer
03-30-2006, 12:51 AM
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 29, 2006 12:40 AM, CST
Well we had a very rough evening. Mike was doing well during the day on Tuesday until they found a small amount of blood in his stool and thought they better do an EGD. They went in with the scope to be sure there was no bleeding in his esophagus. Everything looked good. The doctor was happy to see this. Then he decided they had better do a colonoscopy to be sure there was no bleeding there. It was off & on until this evening, then they decided to go ahead with it. They started just after 5pm and within 10 minutes the doctor didn't like what was happening. Mike was swelling up in his abdomen very quickly almost like a balloon. He thought he had put a tiny tear in the colon wall because is in such a fragile state. This would allow the air to escape into the abdomen and cause the swelling. Now they needed to take him into surgery to repair the tear. When the surgeon, Dr. Belnap, the transplant surgeon, went in he could not find a tear. Mike's colon was so weak, that as the air was put into him for the scope, the muscles were not able to hold the colon in its normal state. He is so weak in every way including his internal muscles. This air in his weak intestines made the intestines blow up like a balloon. They were happy to see that there wasn't a tear because this would have allowed infection in the abdomen. This of course is last thing he can have right now because they won't transplant while there is infection. He came out of the OR rather quickly and has been sedated. He will be sedated for the next day or so. This will not stop the transplant from taking place, in which we are so grateful. So if the liver comes in tonight or tomorrow they will transplant. This has been a very emotional, scary and hard time for us. We are so thankful to the Lord that this was not as bad as they thought and that it will not stop the transplant. Even though things are hard right now, very hard, we know it could be worse and we are counting our blessings. I truly know with all of my heart that the Lord is here with us watching over Mike and His healing hand is upon Mike. The liver will come for him and all will go well. This is certainly not what we had hoped for, but we will endure this storm with the Lord's amazing love. He has given us strength that I never thought we had and I am eternally grateful to Him. Please continue to pray that the donor becomes available very, very soon. We can feel your love, thank you. We love you and are so grateful to you. I will post again soon.
Read Journal

piper
03-30-2006, 01:13 AM
Just trying to keep this posting on the top. I wish I could be there to help support.

h20skiracer
03-30-2006, 06:59 AM
I think this is important to keep up there. Gery, good luck this wekend! Ski well. It's Elsinore, shouldn't be too rough. I also hope everything goes will for Mike. He was one of the guys there when I was first learning how to get up on a race ski, and I will never forget it. He is a very good guy.

catalinaskiracer
03-30-2006, 08:44 AM
John, thank you for helping! I'll do my best this weekend and sorry you can't make it I always like seeing at the races, your a great guy! If your going to Puddingstone let me know as I am in search of a ride unless, hopefully I'll be in Uyah visiting Mike in the recovery room!
Thanks again for keeping this up at the top!
Gery S.

catalinaskiracer
03-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Just keeping it up there!

Mrs_Wally_Gator
03-30-2006, 11:34 AM
We Gators don't know you, but you and your family are in our thoughts. Maybe this summer we will be able to meet out on the water. What do the shirts look like? We maybe interested in a couple of them.

Mrs_Wally_Gator
03-30-2006, 12:06 PM
Bump!!!! This is a good cause Thread! Lets keep it going

Mrs.HLB
03-30-2006, 12:06 PM
I hope everything goes well for your family .. We will keep on praying for him to get better soon!!
Mrs.HLB

Jen
03-30-2006, 04:57 PM
Bump!!! Hey all we still are in desperate need for donations of Items or services to be Raffled off at the Catalina Ski Race ALL Proceeds will go directly to Mike & his family so PLEASE help out if you can!.... See you at Elsinore... make sure you locate me I need a few of those shirts!

catalinaskiracer
03-30-2006, 04:58 PM
Just bumping it up for the cause...

catalinaskiracer
03-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Hey Jen, I will deffinatly get you some shirts I am also passing out some flyers as well with the same info that I posted on Hot Boat. I will see you at Elsinore!
Gery

h20skiracer
03-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Just keepin' it up there!

bordsmnj
03-30-2006, 08:42 PM
might hafta drive out there. always nice to check out the REAL hardware the ski race boats got going on. oh,and races, too. are the racers using the city ramp then?anybody?

catalinaskiracer
03-30-2006, 09:15 PM
bordsmnj, ramp directions are at the bottom of the opening post. Hope to see you there
Gery

catalinaskiracer
03-30-2006, 11:05 PM
Hey Amy! sorry when I first saw the post and the boat 59 I thought it was John. You know how us ski racers are fast on the water but a little slow on land! Any way sorry you can't make it this weekend hope your ankle is doing good and thanks for bumping this! Take care and let me know how your ankle is!
Gery

catalinaskiracer
03-31-2006, 09:16 AM
the lates update...still waiting that liver...
THURSDAY, MARCH 30, 2006 12:00 PM, CST
Mike is still sedated. He is doing very well through all of this. His heart rate is normal, his blood pressure has stayed good, and he is a fighter which will get him through. He is retaining a lot of fluid so he is quite bloated and looks very uncomfortable. We are grateful he doesn't feel any of this or will not remember it. They started dialysis because they want to help the kidneys get the toxins out of Mike. His kidneys are still working just not as good as they want. His kidneys will not have any damage to them through this and they will be able to function perfectly after the transplant.
We are continuing to pray a liver comes in any minute so that all this will be over and only the recovery is left. We know the recovery will not be easy, but we will be thrilled to have him recovering, no matter how hard or how long it takes.
Our most sincere thanks to all of you for your prayers, love, and support. We know so many of you want to be here and we know it isn't possible, but we do feel your love and Mike knows you are all thinking of him and fighting for him. We love you so very much.

catalinaskiracer
03-31-2006, 02:02 PM
Just bumping again...hope to see some of you there!
Here's the latest...Mike had a good night and all of his labs have come back very good. Dr. Vanderwerf, the other transplant surgeon, came in just a little while ago, and told us everything looked great and it's the perfect time for transplant. He said he thinks this weekend! I was over joyed to hear him say this because he knows more about potential donors than anyone, besides the rest of the transplant team. I don't want to think more into this, but he sounded so sure, I just can't help to feel this way. When a patient becomes a donor it takes time to place the organs where they need to go and during this time the doctors are aware of what's going on and when things will come. This is why I feel this is it.
My parents will be here in a couple of hours, Mike's sister, Lisa is here and Mike's parents have been here for a couple days now. We are all here together and I feel this is the time it is suppose to happen.
I am so grateful to all of you for everything you have done. I know with your prayers this is going to come to pass. I feel so very blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. I am eternally grateful to the Lord for his love and blessings that are upon us. Our love goes out to all of you.

catalinaskiracer
03-31-2006, 03:46 PM
just getting it back to the top!

Riverkid
03-31-2006, 05:43 PM
Just got back from the lake. It's pretty friggin cold! The course is set up and the Wendt/Herbst/Avila boys are all running their boats. The new Herbst Bernico is pretty sweet! Carbon fiber by way of Belgium! Should be a nice day tomorrow. Women's race starts at 0900. The after party is at REB939's in Canyon Lake I have heard (at least he will have the BBQ fired up..) :)
See you all there. :)

catalinaskiracer
03-31-2006, 08:57 PM
Riverkid, looking forward to seeing out there! come by boat 309 / lifesariver.com site and introduce yourself. Hoping for some sun tomorrow myself but if not if not I'm going in the water anyway!
Gery

Riverkid
04-01-2006, 06:38 AM
It's ugly out right about now... Getting rain mist here and the sky is black! Let's hope it clears up some otherwise it's going to one COLD day...

RiverToysJas
04-01-2006, 08:41 AM
It's ugly out right about now... Getting rain mist here and the sky is black! Let's hope it clears up some otherwise it's going to one COLD day...
Black and Raining? Sounds like a perfect tubin' conditions!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/51RWYB_03_8j.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/51RWYB_03_8i.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/51RWYB_03_8l.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/51RWYB_03_8k.jpg
That was all in March BTW, in case anyone was wondering if it was cold. ;)
Good luck to the racers and have fun out there! I really hoped I could make it out there today, but it's just not going to happen. :(
RTJas :D

catalinaskiracer
04-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Racing today was cold and rough! but always fun! Weather is suppose to be much better on Sunday. Hope some of you can make it! Racing starts around 9:00 and I will be there racing and hopefully selling more shirts to raise money for the cause. Look for the Lifes a river.com banner by the announcing tower.
Gery

catalinaskiracer
04-02-2006, 05:18 PM
I just wanted yo post a quick and big thanks to Lifesariver.com for donating t-shirts to sell at the race this weekend and to all whao just came by the both and made a donation. We raised $1000.00 to deposit into the Mike's fund. Again thank you all VERY much and I will keep you posted on upcoming events and fund raisers.
Gery S.

bordsmnj
04-02-2006, 06:24 PM
We bought 3!!
Very cool races. Good luck in your efforts! :)
Mrs. Bordsmnj

catalinaskiracer
04-02-2006, 06:59 PM
bordsmnj, Thanks for the donation! Sorry I didn't get to meet you. Every little bit helps! I SO apprieciate everyone's support and contributions and eagerness to help! He is very important to me! I will continue on but could not do it with all this help! Thank you!! April 22 we will be at Puddingstone on April 22nd for circle races and will be selling shirts again for the cause. It's a much smaller venue but faster and very intense! So please look me up if you can make it. I'll be sking behind boat 26 and look for the Lifesariver.com banner. Again thank you all, it doesn't seem like enough but Thank you!!
Gery S.

life's a river
04-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Glad I could help Gery. Congrats on the 2 first place finishes. :) I am looking forward to Puddingstone.
Thanks for the support "bordsmnj",I wish I could have been there today to meet you. Next time.
Let's put the bug out there,
Any takers for a future Taco night fund raiser/ get together?
Anyone?
Bueler?
Ferris Bueler?
LAR

catalinaskiracer
04-02-2006, 08:12 PM
I just got off the phone with Lisa, Mike's sister, I wish i had something better to tell but I don't my heart hurts! Mike is back in surgery and not fo r what we all hoped, they are closing him up tonight from his surgery last Tuesday. Unfortunately they found signs of infection. They are treating him with very strong antibiotics but as long as there is infection present he is off the list. I will keep you all updated as I find out things. Again Thank you all for your love and support!
Gery S.

duffster
04-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Gery,
I really hope Mike pulls through. I did make it down before noon to buy a shirt today with my wife and kids. I think everyone that posts on this site should put up the $15 and but a shirt for Mike. We just pray the he gets past this. Craig
Don’t be cheap buy a shirt for Mike McGookin.
www.lifesariver.com/links.html (http://www.lifesariver.com/links.html)
www.caringbridge.com/visit/mikemcgookin (http://www.caringbridge.com/visit/mikemcgookin)

life's a river
04-02-2006, 09:57 PM
If anybody wants to contribute by buying a shirt, e mail me @ asklar411@sbcglobal.net. The dollar amounts on my site are not set up correctly.
Were praying extra hard Gery!
PK

catalinaskiracer
04-03-2006, 07:07 AM
Just a quick note again to thank everyone for thier help, thoughts and prayers!
Gery

bordsmnj
04-03-2006, 04:16 PM
pretty nice shirts too. i think they're on the web site but if not i'll scan the screen print and post it later. it was worth the drive oput there just to take a qwick walk threough the pit area. i saw more bad ass hard ware there in 15 minutes than i have at the last 3 L.A. Boat shows combined. :)
when's puddingstone again???next week or week after?

catalinaskiracer
04-03-2006, 05:20 PM
Puddingstone is on April 22. That's a much smaller venue then the marathons but deffinatly worth watching. I'll be there racing and trying to raise more the fund.
Gery

life's a river
04-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Puddingstone is on April 22. That's a much smaller venue then the marathons but deffinatly worth watching. I'll be there racing and trying to raise more the fund.
Gery
Hey Gery, I received orders from 3 more people via e mail. I am trying to work out the details.
PK

catalinaskiracer
04-03-2006, 11:27 PM
All, I just again got off the phone with Lisa, Mike's sister and he is back on the list and still number 1! He came through surgery fine! So that was all good news! So we're back praying for that liver to show up! That's all I have for now but I will keep you all updated as I hear things. Hopefully my next update will be that Mike is in surgery getting his transplant! Thanks again to all for all the prayers and support!
Gery S.

life's a river
04-04-2006, 07:26 AM
All, I just again got off the phone with Lisa, Mike's sister and he is back on the list and still number 1! He came through surgery fine! So that was all good news! So we're back praying for that liver to show up! That's all I have for now but I will keep you all updated as I hear things. Hopefully my next update will be that Mike is in surgery getting his transplant! Thanks again to all for all the prayers and support!
Gery S.
Awesome!