PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about those neighbors you never see?

MagicMtnDan
03-21-2004, 07:27 AM
Ringleaders are believed to have rented houses
By Joe Hughes
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
March 20, 2004
Bud Huntsinger admits he was fooled.
When his new neighbor moved into the HelenJames Avenue cul-de-sac last year, the stranger told Huntsinger he was working for a snowboard company and would often be out of town on business. Rarely would anyone be home, Huntsinger remembers being told.
"I didn't think anything of it at the time. There was a gardener who came regularly and took care of the yard," Huntsinger said yesterday as he and other neighbors watched federal drug agents raid the house, which turned out not to be a home.
Authorities said no one was living in the house, which was equipped to grow scores of marijuana plants. Yesterday, the house was one of several that drug agents searched citywide as part of an investigation into a marijuana cultivation ring.
Details may not be released for several days. Authorities refused to say if anyone had been arrested in the continuing investigation, which has been under way for months.
Officers said they believe the ringleaders rented homes, blacked out some windows and set up marijuana-growing operations in bedrooms.
In most cases, nobody lived in the house.
Neighbors never suspected anything because no transactions occurred at the homes, often a telltale sign of drug trafficking.
"They fooled me," Huntsinger said.

Jungle Boy
03-21-2004, 07:36 AM
That's starting to become a very popular occurance in Alberta now. Huge grow operations in rental houses and warehouses. Big cash involved.

Buff
03-21-2004, 08:13 AM
Just gotta shake my head over all the expense and manpower exerted over busting marijuana growers and users. All the violent prone madmen out there and we are busy getting a rid of a drug that produces a calming affect. Our streets are as unsafe as ever and what is law enforcement doing - looking for weed-heads! How about more confrontation with gang members, how about more patrols in the bedroom communities looking for daytime burglars while real people are out making a living. Sure - LE is just enforcing the law - but come on - apply some critical skills to the existing laws. How about more attempts at protection of citizens from violence and less emphasis and spending time and money on pseudo-crimes like growing or smoking dope! buff

jlnorthrup122
03-21-2004, 10:17 AM
Just gotta shake my head over all the expense and manpower exerted over busting marijuana growers and users. All the violent prone madmen out there and we are busy getting a rid of a drug that produces a calming affect. Our streets are as unsafe as ever and what is law enforcement doing - looking for weed-heads! How about more confrontation with gang members, how about more patrols in the bedroom communities looking for daytime burglars while real people are out making a living. Sure - LE is just enforcing the law - but come on - apply some critical skills to the existing laws. How about more attempts at protection of citizens from violence and less emphasis and spending time and money on pseudo-crimes like growing or smoking dope! buff
I hear yah buff!! I don't burn anymore but I think they should legalize it a regulate it as they do alcohal! It would take that tool out of the dope slingers hands that they most comonly use to introduce our youth to bigger and more dangerouse shit!! not to mention the industrial capabilities of the plant!! we would never need to turn to another middle eastern oil well for fuel or crewd again!!!! George Bush SR flew a fighter plane in WWII with hemp oils in the motor!!!! I just think that the government is being stupid in not taking advatage of the weed! Shit you could grow it anywhere!!!!

Kim Hanson
03-21-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by jlnorthrup122
I hear yah buff!! I don't burn anymore but I think they should legalize it a regulate it as they do alcohal! It would take that tool out of the dope slingers hands that they most comonly use to introduce our youth to bigger and more dangerouse shit!! not to mention the industrial capabilities of the plant!! we would never need to turn to another middle eastern oil well for fuel or crewd again!!!! George Bush SR flew a fighter plane in WWII with hemp oils in the motor!!!! I just think that the government is being stupid in not taking advatage of the weed! Shit you could grow it anywhere!!!!
What are you talking about, you need heat..lots...moisture little bit, hydroponics ...lots!
Have you ever tried to grow pot? I think not, other wise you would know...shelter..heat ...and water...good buds.....( . )( . ).....I read alot:D

Dr. Eagle
03-21-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Kim Hanson
What are you talking about, you need heat..lots...moisture little bit, hydroponics ...lots!
Have you ever tried to grow pot? I think not, other wise you would know...shelter..heat ...and water...good buds.....( . )( . ).....I read alot:D
Allllrightey thennnn! Read.... hmmmmm.....
Canada=Cold hmmmmmm
:D :D :D :D

Jungle Boy
03-21-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Canada=Cold hmmmmmm
Canada's weed has been rated # 1. Ton of grow ops going on. Don't need to be warm outside to grow good grass.:D Good or bad; I've read that BC and Alberta are the biggest importers of grass to the States.:eek: :eek:

Dr. Eagle
03-21-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Jungle Boy
Canada's weed has been rated # 1. Ton of grow ops going on. Don't need to be warm outside to grow good grass.:D Good or bad; I've read that BC and Alberta are the biggest importers of grass to the States.:eek: :eek:
Seems like indoor ops would be a given in Canada....
But I never Heard of Banff Bud or Okenagan Gold...?????
You guys need a brand name!

Kim Hanson
03-21-2004, 04:28 PM
Canada=Cold hmmmmmm
HydroPonics, here!. Canada cold, in the winter! I know some that grow it here, home grown sucks though...unless you bury it and soak it in Cherry Whiskey...longer buried the better the smack............
This isn't the Artic buddy, wake up! You guy's that think that Canada is cold all the time, should do some looking up:rolleyes: People like you piss me off, we don't live in ****ing Igloo's and we have power ...etc.
Are you really a Doctor, and of what.......( . )( . )....trolling:D

Dr. Eagle
03-21-2004, 04:32 PM
HydroPonics, here!. Canada cold, in the winter! I know some that grow it here, home grown sucks though...unless you bury it and soak it in Cherry Whiskey...longer buried the better the smack............
This isn't the Artic buddy, wake up! You guy's that think that Canada is cold all the time, should do some looking up:rolleyes: People like you piss me off, we don't live in ****ing Igloo's and we have power ...etc.
Are you really a Doctor, and of what.......( . )( . )....trolling:D
LOL.... Yeah... I know you have summer.... Nice, warm... a little short but... Is that growing season???
Or is winter the hydroponics indoor growing season?
He He He He... :D :D

Kim Hanson
03-21-2004, 04:43 PM
LOL.... Yeah... I know you have summer.... Nice, warm... a little short but... Is that growing season???
Or is winter the hydroponics indoor growing season?
He He He He... :D :D
Hydroponics...hands down is the way to go..I don't do it, but I know how to do it. I read alot.......( . )( . ).....You never said Doctor of What?:)

CrazyHippy
03-21-2004, 04:44 PM
blah blah blah....
People like you piss me off, we don't live in ****ing Igloo's
blah blah blah
You dont??:D :p :D
BJH

Dr. Eagle
03-21-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by CrazyHippy
BJH
Hippy........you're killing me.......:D

Kim Hanson
03-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by CrazyHippy
BJH
I traded it in last year.......( . )( . )....ya have to update your shit!:D

Jungle Boy
03-21-2004, 05:25 PM
I live in a 400 bbl tank that I tipped over for more floor space. It's kind of loud when the dogteams go by with all my fur on I can barely hear it. Next year I'm going make a outhouse to shit in. Gonna heat it with whale blubber. It will be so nice to have a nice warm place to shit and read ***boat. :D
Ohh yaa, I'm going have me a grow op so I can sell some weed to buy boat gas.:D

Dr. Eagle
03-21-2004, 05:31 PM
I live in a 400 bbl tank that I tipped over for more floor space. It's kind of loud when the dogteams go by with all my fur on I can barely hear it. Next year I'm going make a outhouse to shit in. Gonna heat it with whale blubber. It will be so nice to have a nice warm place to shit and read ***boat. :D
Ohh yaa, I'm going have me a grow op so I can sell some weed to buy boat gas.:D
you guys are killing me....:D

Tom Brown
03-21-2004, 05:32 PM
Gonna heat it with whale blubber.
Don't forget to stock up on Glade Plugins.

Dr. Eagle
03-21-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
Don't forget to stock up on Glade Plugins.
Good point....:D

Jungle Boy
03-21-2004, 06:30 PM
Tom, you at my tank using my computer. :mad:
Just don't eat all my chicken and rice.:frown:

Tom Brown
03-21-2004, 06:34 PM
Hey JB, pick up some toiletpaper on your way home.
Oh yeah... you might want to pick up a new shower curtain also.

Rexone
03-21-2004, 07:42 PM
So the ice actually melts there? :confused:
who knew? eh.

Dr. Eagle
03-21-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
who knew? eh.
Trick is.... you gotta go outside your tank to see...

Jungle Boy
03-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
who knew? eh.
Only if you don't drink your rum fast enough.:D

MagicMtnDan
03-21-2004, 11:18 PM
TORONTO - Canada plans to make government-certified marijuana available in local pharmacies, a move that would make it only the second country in the world to allow the direct sale of medical marijuana.
Officials are organizing a pilot project in the British Columbia province modeled on a year-old program in the Netherlands.
Currently, there are 78 medical users in Canada permitted to buy government marijuana, which is grown in Flin Flon, Manitoba. An ounce sells for about $113, and the marijuana is sent by courier to patients or their doctors.
But the department is changing the regulations to allow participating pharmacies to stock marijuana for sale to approved patients without a doctor’s prescription, similar to regulations governing so-called morning-after pills. Those emergency contraceptives can be obtained directly from a pharmacist without the need for a doctor’s signature.
A notice of the change is expected to be made public this spring, allowing for drugstore distribution later in the year.
Decriminalization possible
“We’re just at the preliminary stages right now,” said Robin O’Brien, a consulting pharmacist organizing the pilot project. “We’re not quite sure how it’s going to fit.”
The Canadian government also has suggested it may decriminalize marijuana, a move criticized by U.S. drug and border agencies, which threaten more intrusive searches of cross-border travelers.
Some patients report that marijuana alleviates the pain and nausea associated with AIDS and other diseases. But marijuana’s status as a medicinal drug has not been formally approved, O’Brien said.
“There’s no pharmaceutical company that’s going to come forward to take it through the regulatory process because they can’t get a patent on it, so it’s kind of a limbo drug,” he said.
The pilot project is slated for British Columbia because the province’s college of pharmacists issued a groundbreaking statement last fall supporting the distribution of medical marijuana in pharmacies. Most health care organizations have opposed easier access.