PDA

View Full Version : rex marine?

fastvdriver
03-21-2004, 09:15 AM
I'm a Cobalt and Malibu boat dealer in Oregon last week I called Rex Marine because I heard of some positive feed back on the boards. Is it normal for them to not ship parts out? and not step up and offer any refund on the 2 day air prices that were paid? I ordered a ruddar and box for my personel boat thought it would be a good test of the service at Rex, also asked for them to fax a dealer app. (which I never got) I told the sales rep that this was a test to see if i would be doing business with them in the future. I also told him that the price of this order was not a concern and I didn't want to wait for the dealer packet to go through before I ordered.(i wanted my parts) I ordered the parts on a monday afternoon was told that the part would ship on Tuesday. I even waited for them to check stock to be sure that they had them. When my order didn't arrive on Thursday as paid for. I waited unitl Friday to call. at that time the sales rep just told me that the parts had shipped on thursday and i should get them on Monday. thats great and all but now the parts are 4 days late and costing me 2nd day air? along with a 45 min. drive to my office on my day off due to the fact that I'M CLOSED ON MONDAY'S so now I will go to the office and wait for my parts to come viva ups. the sales rep couldn't even tell me if the parts were shipped 2nd day. he could only ASS-U-ME that is how they shipped
IS THIS NORMAL SERVICE!
:frown:

wsuwrhr
03-21-2004, 09:32 AM
I am sure REX will make it right.
Brian

v-drive
03-21-2004, 10:20 AM
Hey Mike(Rex Marine), do you have a refresh kit for an 830 holley dp?.
:D v-drive.

fastvdriver
03-21-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by wsuwrhr
I am sure REX will make it right.
Brian
so after I get my parts you think I should call a 3rd time and ask for a refund on the shipping? the price is not the issue here, it was the lack of customer service. I know that rexone is on line and I hope that he reads this post. I truely hope that the service I recieved is not the NORMAL way they do business. If I was just a unlucky sole and fell through the cracks of the business that is one thing. the reason for this post was to see if any one else has been treated this way by Rex Marine. if not I will give them another shot. Because I know that mistakes do happen all the time it is how you deal with the mistakes that will make or break a future business.

Rexone
03-21-2004, 10:42 AM
1. I apologize for the fact you've had a problem
2. I will check this out first thing Monday and we will take care of anything you were shortchanged on as far as what you were told not actually happening or a shipping error. I like to hear all sides of a story and have all information before stating specifics. Not implying you're not correct, just stating I like all information at hand before making any decision.
3. It never ceases to amaze me how someone will bring a flame to a public forum without first trying to solve a problem by PM, email or a phone call to me. I'm readily available most days. My opinion is it's a poor way to do business. Rex Marine makes mistakes as every business does and as I've stated on other threads and we take care of em. We don't need public exposure or threat that a flame post implys to prompt us to take care of it either. We handle these problems as they come up as an every day part of business. In the future I would hope that anyone who has a problem with shipping or otherwise would contact me or someone at Rex so we have the opportunity to fix it before just posting away with an implication that we don't care about our customers or timly shipping as both are top priority.
4. To your last question, no it is not normal service and again your problem will be taken care of.

Sangster
03-21-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
1. I apologize for the fact you've had a problem
2. I will check this out first thing Monday and we will take care of anything you were shortchanged on as far as what you were told not actually happening or a shipping error. I like to hear all sides of a story and have all information before stating specifics. Not implying you're not correct, just stating I like all information at hand before making any decision.
3. It never ceases to amaze me how someone will bring a flame to a public forum without first trying to solve a problem by PM, email or a phone call to me. I'm readily available most days. My opinion is it's a poor way to do business. Rex Marine makes mistakes as every business does and as I've stated on other threads and we take care of em. We don't need public exposure or threat that a flame post implys to prompt us to take care of it either. We handle these problems as they come up as an every day part of business. In the future I would hope that anyone who has a problem with shipping or otherwise would contact me or someone at Rex so we have the opportunity to fix it before just posting away with an implication that we don't care about our customers or timly shipping as both are top priority.
4. To your last question, no it is not normal service and again your problem will be taken care of.
I concur..........:cool: :cool: :cool: While I haven't ordered from REX personally, I have purchased plenty of stuff from them through the local boat shop (GT Boats)...Never had a problem getting Quality parts in a timely manner... BUT, Shit does happen now & then and it sounds like Mike is handling this well..Sounds like "Good Customer Service" to Me......:cool: :cool: :cool:

Kindsvater Flat
03-21-2004, 11:21 AM
I use Rex. Normal ship time is 2 days to northern ca. Never a wrong part. Thanks Mike!:D

Rexone
03-21-2004, 12:40 PM
fastvdriver, please PM me a phone number where we can reach you on Monday since you're off that day if different from the number we have on file and also what name the order was placed under so I can find it.
Thanks,

v-drive
03-21-2004, 01:09 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to highjack the post I didn't read the whole thing and now that I have I am appauled that someone would speak this way. I have bought quite a few things from Rex now and the only reason I don't use the delivery is because I enjoy going to their shop so much. You guys are doing a great job Mike. :D v-drive

RaysonKid
03-21-2004, 02:35 PM
Well I live in Tacoma, WA.
My money would go to Rex Marine in California.
Before I would buy from some guy in Portland.
Rex, Do you have any dealers in the Seattle/Tacoma area?

SK48
03-21-2004, 07:17 PM
Sorry you didn't like your first experience. FYI I rigged a complete Biesemeyer flatbottom and 90% of the parts came from Rex. Usually I get everything next day, sometimes the second day. Couldn't ask for better service if you ask me.

wsuwrhr
03-21-2004, 07:20 PM
As I said, I knew REX would take care of it ASAP.
Brian

fastvdriver
03-21-2004, 07:34 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rexone
as you will find out I did call and try to solve the problem with one of the salesmen no options were given besides you should have the parts on Monday. If I would have known your name I would have asked for you direct. I also told the sales men to have someone call me about the problem or at least tell someone in customer service that I had a problem. This all took place on Friday morning. I will be the first one to stand up and say how well the problem is getting taken care of. I have PM'ed you my info I truely look forward to talking with you.

fastvdriver
03-22-2004, 02:54 PM
the first salesman called me today and was very up front and explained the problem. that they didn't recieve the parts when they thought they would. He also was going to fax a dealer app to me today. they also offered to pay for the shipping. although I never asked for that to be done. to be honest I never even asked for the price of the parts or shipping. because the price doesn't matter it is the quality of the service. Rex has stepped up and resolved the problem and seems to have handled a deal gone bad with good business practices. I'm a customer who will call them again when the need arrives.:)

superdave013
03-22-2004, 03:09 PM
fastvdriver,
Glad it worked out for you. I've bought a ton of stuff from them over the years. Has always been top notch for me.
Mike @ Rex has really helped with my current project as well.

BILLY.B
03-22-2004, 07:39 PM
I have known Mike for some 30yrs now. I knew him when he owned Marv's speed and marine, and now Rex. He has always been a stand up guy who has tried to have any part you could imagine no matter what type of boat you owned. He even kept a good stock of v-drive parts around when v-drives were going bye bye with the manufactures. I agree with the point that there only human and things happen. I'm glad to see that you were handled the way he's always done it. Professionally.:cool:

Mike Oxbig
03-23-2004, 12:10 AM
Rex Marine has always bailed me out of jams. Last month my bike went down with bad sprocket and chain and Rexone sold me a v drive steering kit to fix it. I was stuck in Irwindale at the time and he drove the stuff out to me. Rex Marine is the coolest.

ACCEPTENCE
03-23-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Mike Oxbig
Rex Marine has always bailed me out of jams. Last month my bike went down with bad sprocket and chain and Rexone sold me a v drive steering kit to fix it. I was stuck in Irwindale at the time and he drove the stuff out to me. Rex Marine is the coolest.
Hey Ox, Glad to hear that worked out for ya. I know how bad a bent sprocket and streched chain can be!!! LOL...:D

Itsahobby
03-23-2004, 06:32 AM
That's cool, but why didn't you go with a couple blower pulleys and a blower belt and switch to a belt drive:p
Originally posted by Mike Oxbig

Big Proppa
03-23-2004, 01:20 PM
God Damn Billy you have known Mike since I was 1 - thats a long f'nn time brother :D :D :D
Between Rex and RBR Racing I completly rigged a bare hydro hull not one part had to be ordered, everything was readly available and we all know how important that is when your feinding for a -12 bulk head and a set of red valve cover caps.