PDA

View Full Version : 72Superlite roars to life

RaysonKid
03-21-2004, 09:49 PM
Went over to the little brothers house today.
Got the timing set for him and the 4 year resto project made noise.
Sounds great. Now just need to tune the carbs and finish some of the hookups.
http://a1.cpimg.com/image/C9/17/31252681-9685-02000180-.jpg
Coming at ya.
http://a9.cpimg.com/image/C7/16/31252679-9853-02000180-.jpg
http://a6.cpimg.com/image/64/1C/31252836-3343-02000180-.jpg
Notice the trick plywood templates holding the tank to the stringers.
http://a7.cpimg.com/image/C5/16/31252677-68de-02000180-.jpg
The view Circlejerk needs to get use to seeing.
And finish buffing that K-boat tank.

BGMAN203
03-21-2004, 09:57 PM
Looks sweet. Hopefully you guys can make it to cali for some runs.

Itsahobby
03-22-2004, 07:53 AM
It really came out nice. It's going to be a fun summer!
Hobby

Stuart Anderson
03-22-2004, 12:58 PM
the boat looks great.
I guess I'm the only guy thinking those velocity stacks are gay looking. I like your headers, though, they go great with the lines of the hull.

Kim Hanson
03-22-2004, 03:56 PM
The flames make up for the stacks, it would look good with a scoop though.........( . )( . )'s...:cool: :)

BLOWNDEAVER
03-22-2004, 04:43 PM
EXTRA SHARP RIDE, CONGRATS ON HEARING NOISE!!!!!!!! JUST REMEMBER( V DRIVES RULE)

03-22-2004, 05:15 PM
Thats great....glad to hear there was fire in them holes...congrats, it lookin' good!!!:D

RaysonKid
03-22-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by 058
Thats great....glad to hear there was fire in them holes...congrats, it lookin' good!!!:D
Well, There was lots of fire up them holes. The timing was off the day before.
Thats why the brother put the velocity stacks on . To direct the flame up.....
He does have a nice scoop. Just waiting (again) for me to paint it.
Thanks guys for the props.. It will be a fun summer.:D

BILLY.B
03-22-2004, 07:05 PM
I was wondering if you've always had that stacked tank or if you bought it somewhere. By the way the boat looks great. What happened to the seat as far as painting goes. Inquring minds want to know :D .

72 superlite
03-22-2004, 07:31 PM
Post pictures with the scoop and someone says loose it and go with velocity stacks, put them on and somebody says there "gay". Tough crowd. Billy the boat had gunnel mount tanks before, and a 8 gallon moon tank before that. Dad kept the moon tank when he sold the boat, the gunnel tank was in it when I found it 20 years later. It only had one and it was tearing up the floor, as the boat is a superlite. So I found this one on dragboats.com, and figured this one would give me nice capacity for play, and I could mount it to the stringers. A guy in Ca. had it I think, and it had Biesmeyer stenciled across it. Thanks for the compliments everybody, and Circle Jerk, like Jeff said get used to that view of the boat. On the trailier that is. ha

BILLY.B
03-22-2004, 07:53 PM
I knew it. The tank was at my shop for sometime. I took it out of a Biesemeyer I had. Gave it to the Bolt Nazi (Allen's Fastners) to sell at the swap meet. And low and behold you now have it. Small world. I remember the stenciled part. How about the tank came from N.C. An old friend of mine that got into circle racing did that. He liked it. I thought it looked really shitty. But then what do I know?.

rrrr
03-22-2004, 07:57 PM
Very nice. I know from experience when the noise starts coming out of the monster, Dr. Frankenstein gets excited.
"It lives! It lives! Hehehehehahahahahahaha!!"
:D :D

haulina29
03-22-2004, 08:20 PM
The stacks look great ! :)

CircleJerk
03-23-2004, 12:17 AM
One too many carburetors! Header tubes are too big! for a 396......Gas tanks? You going cross country? I'd call them furnace oil storage! It's just a 3 mile circle race! Hey, I'll follow you for awhile, just to put the fear of Boyd in ya! when is he going to pass me????where's he at?......Dang should have installed a really big rear view mirror! Cant see over the diesel tank.......Bummer: Father knows Best!:D

RaysonKid
03-23-2004, 10:14 AM
Jerk,
To many carbs? For your rules maybe. We figure to start an Outlaw Nosti club.
The pipes are to big? Got to get rid of the bad gas somehow.
Big tank? Well yes, But good for a marathon day on the lake.
Your just jealous because you cant fit one in your trunk...
And is your boat ready yet???

72 superlite
03-23-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by CircleJerk
One too many carburetors! Header tubes are too big! for a 396......Gas tanks? You going cross country? I'd call them furnace oil storage! It's just a 3 mile circle race! Hey, I'll follow you for awhile, just to put the fear of Boyd in ya! when is he going to pass me????where's he at?......Dang should have installed a really big rear view mirror! Cant see over the diesel tank.......Bummer: Father knows Best!:D
This from a guy with a rumble seat in his boat. And another thing, if one carb is good, two has got to be better. And I don't care what you say, My wife says my header tubes are just right! And who says its a 396, maybe its a 502. It's not, but it could be. The tubes are that big because, of harmonic convergence of the henway, therefore balancing the restrictive element of the slip in mufflers. Sounds good too. And another thing, there a nice shiny chrome and I like them. But all joking aside I just want a dependable, nice looking, lake toy. I'm not worried about top speed, or winning races, just having fun. There is always something faster.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-23-2004, 10:20 PM
I like this boat!! Dual carbs, big headers and big ol stack tank!!:p
This boat has the look of a Sanger circle runner!! The cup stacks are fine, very "SK".:)
The rumble seat line was classic :D :D :D ...
Hey CJ, the mail man brought me a big ol package from the great nostalgic north. Man you sure put a lot of stuff in there Thanks!!
I talked to Ken the other day, we are still planning to come up to one of your races. Were still trying to figure out which one.
At that time, I will roll some tape and post it on this forum!:cool:
Rumble seat Laveys Kick Ass!!!:D

CircleJerk
03-23-2004, 11:33 PM
Oh, I asked for those, didnt I? Dual carbs are Ok (RULE WISE) , I was referring to the fact that no one has been able to tune them to come on line fast enough, right in the turn. Sprint race you know! But, then if the Piccolo Pete crew is actually working instead of all the fun stuff, they might just show us who's boss!!!! And I agree, It is just for fun, that's why I dont cry in my beer from a 2nd place trophy. You have the right attitude and I wished more of the racers could copy it! I dont care who wins or loses, it's one big happy family with the real emphasis on keeping the boats shiney,pretty and UNchipped! I couldnt be happier for you Rick, that is one special boat! Cant wait to see the armpit to armpit smile on your mug!:smilespi:

CircleJerk
03-23-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by V-DRIVE VIDEO
The rumble seat line was classic :D :D :D ...Thanks!!
I talked to Ken the other day, we are still planning to come up to one of your races. Were still trying to figure out which one.
BANKS IS RIGHT BEFORE BURLEY AND IF YOU HAVE TIME TASTIN RACIN IS RIGHT BEFORE BANKS.........35,000 spectators will be there! Film at eleven!
Rumble seat Laveys Kick Ass!!!:D
You HAVE GIVEN ME A GREAT IDEA.....IF ONLY I COULD REVERSE THE HINGES......I CAN SELL RIDES!!!!! tO MIDGETS!:)