PDA

View Full Version : hey Tom Bandy

superdave013
03-22-2004, 07:02 AM
Hey Bro, Take it easy on the flats man. Your making v drives look bad. :eek: lol
Congrats on the win
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/9tom_bandy-med.jpg

1Bahnerjet
03-22-2004, 07:15 AM
Is there a Story to go along with Pic. ?
I see a (cookie cutter) 65mph Jet Boat with thru Hull Exhaust. !
Complete with Ski Tow !
oh and Congrats too. :D

HBjet
03-22-2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by 1Bahnerjet
I see a (cookie cutter) 65mph Jet Boat with thru Hull Exhaust.
yeah, and when you pull up next to him you wouldn't think the boat runs in the mid 90's down the 1/4...
Congrats Tom
HBjet

superdave013
03-22-2004, 07:22 AM
Complete with Ski Tow !
Tom owns the 10.50 bracket. And yes, was running 95, 96 all weekend. He was the talk of the pits.

Jordy
03-22-2004, 07:38 AM
Complete with Ski Tow !
Don't you know thru transom gives you 3-5 mph top end gain? :D
BTW, those thru transoms are actually Bassetts, just like the one's I'm putting on my jet for that top end gain. ;)

MudPumper
03-22-2004, 09:42 AM
The race announcer was talking about how big and heavy his hull is, pretty funny after you see the numbers he runs. Hallet Hath No Furry = Sleeper

1Bahnerjet
03-22-2004, 10:06 AM
Sounds like he knows the Secret of Speed. :D
and it ain't Chrome ! ;)

Jeff Fry
03-22-2004, 10:08 AM
Way to go Tom! You ran great this weekend! Now when anyone says there boat goes 100 you can say prove it! lol You had that Hallet Dialed in all weekend ! Way to go ans ill see you at the next race!
Jeff Fry
Bonzai Fry
The official Voice of NJBA

superdave013
03-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Sounds like he knows the Secret of Speed. :D
and it ain't Chrome ! ;)
Take a peek inside and see if you can figure out what it is.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9Dsc01494-med.jpg

1Bahnerjet
03-22-2004, 10:15 AM
uh oh... a Trick Question for a Non-Mechanic, I'll pass.
oh what the Hell, he runs Exotic Fuel ? :confused:

Oldsquirt
03-22-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
Dare I say it? I think it's the valve covers.:D

1Bahnerjet
03-22-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by OLDSQUIRT
Dare I say it? I think it's the valve covers.:D
Really, I'm in the Market for Valve Covers, Those look Trick !

Oldsquirt
03-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Bahner, you need to look real close at those valve covers.......

Jordy
03-22-2004, 10:30 AM
uh oh... a Trick Question for a Non-Mechanic, I'll pass.
oh what the Hell, he runs Exotic Fuel ? :confused:
It's the thru transom exhaust I'm telling you. Not too shabby for a cookie cutter jet boat with a ski tow huh? :D
I'm sure the DNE valve covers help out quite a bit too... ;) :D

1Bahnerjet
03-22-2004, 10:36 AM
oh, the Valve Covers are part of a "Package" Deal. :D
gotta start savin' all my Nickels & Dimes. :cool:
is it really all that un-common that a Guy shows up at the Drags with a Trick State of the Art Engine ? when I walk Though the Pits Everything Looks Trick & State of the Art. :cool:

flat broke
03-22-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9Dsc01494-med.jpg
Shit thats an easy one. A quick look at the mill and I can tell you that the answer is patience.
Chris

Boater Bill
03-22-2004, 10:56 AM
Interesting that the carb is mounted sideways. Notice too that he has removed all the seats since CBBB and is running fuel out of a "remote" tank.
Looks and sounds like he has hit on a good set up combo, both motor and pump. Good for him!:D

Windy
03-22-2004, 12:10 PM
It was good to see everyone...I had a killer time.:D

jet4fun
03-22-2004, 01:35 PM
me too

hack job
03-22-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Boater Bill
Interesting that the carb is mounted sideways. Notice too that he has removed all the seats since CBBB and is running fuel out of a "remote" tank.
Looks and sounds like he has hit on a good set up combo, both motor and pump. Good for him!:D
bill that remote tank holds the gas for his secret . ;) its the added gas not the primary gas. ;)

HBjet
03-22-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by hack job
bill that remote tank holds the gas for his secret . ;) its the added gas not the primary gas. ;)
It's the primary gas for when he's racing.... No other gas tanks in use!

Boater Bill
03-22-2004, 03:42 PM
Hacker, I may be old but my eyes are still good, at least sitting in front of the 'puter.:D

Bense468
03-22-2004, 03:54 PM
Does anyone on here really know what he is running? How big of motor? What compression, etc

superdave013
03-22-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by hack job
I looked over that boat really close when he was in the staging area. I don't know what you are talking about. But if it's nitrous, well that's a no no in the brackets and I didn't see it in the boat. I would think the lil tank is so he can run with only a few gallons of fuel. A big tank that empty would be just asking for it to slosh around and get away from the pick-up.
He did have a horn mounted to the front bulk head. Maybe that's it. ;)

hack job
03-22-2004, 05:43 PM
i stand corrected

HBjet
03-22-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Bense468
Does anyone on here really know what he is running? How big of motor? What compression, etc
489ci (454 / 30 over stroked) with AFR's and a single 850DP. Lots of intake work, same bottom work as my hull, and a pump by MPD. Oh, and he runs 91 octane in that boat.
HBjet

MudPumper
03-22-2004, 07:01 PM
oh, the Valve Covers are part of a "Package" Deal. :D
gotta start savin' all my Nickels & Dimes. :cool:
is it really all that un-common that a Guy shows up at the Drags with a Trick State of the Art Engine ? when I walk Though the Pits Everything Looks Trick & State of the Art. :cool:
You just don't see guys running a single carb with TT exhaust on pump gas!!!!!!

HBjet
03-22-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by MudPumper
You just don't see guys running a single carb with TT exhaust on pump gas!!!!!!
With a heavy Hallett Bubble deck!
HBjet

MudPumper
03-22-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by MissHBjet
It was good to see everyone...I had a killer time.:D
HBjet's, It was good to meet the both of you and Mike at the drags. I'm sorry we didn't hook up earlier in the day. Look forward to hanging with you guys at the river this year.

77charger
03-22-2004, 07:30 PM
Hey tom it was nice meeting you this weekend also.See you at the next race.

Jeff Fry
03-23-2004, 04:14 PM
You guys got to admit! If you were there, you see it! Tom ran the Hallet all weekend long In the High 90's all weekend long! Even when it warmed up, he had it dialed in! He beat a V drive in the finals! One of the cool things about doing the anouncing, is that i have the Monitor in front of me so i see from the start to the finish. Then i also have the Mid ET, THe RT and The Speed all infront of me on the computer to annouce.
Tom had it going all weekend with "Hallet Hath No Fury"
Jeff Fry
Official Voice of the NJBA

HotHallet
03-23-2004, 04:24 PM
Congrats Tom on the win! My Bubble deck Hallett is almost done and ready for the water. Hackjob and Flatbroke helped me put the new motor in last weekend and the pump is all back together and in the boat. Just have to plumb and wire it up now. Probably looking at late next week to test and tune.

bp
03-23-2004, 07:58 PM
the seat/jaz tank are used so that we have consistent weight on every pass; hard to do using the saddle tanks. important if you want to run the brackets. although the boat runs mid 90s all day long, what's really impressive is how quick the thing is. and it aint gonna change much on the river.

77charger
03-23-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by bp
and it aint gonna change much on the river. Tom was telling me that he takes the scoop off and replaces it with a k&n type velocity stack plus all the seats.Laughed how he fools people all the time with the sleeper look while telling me.Our whole crew gets a kick watching the hallet run and wait to hear the speed.

TRG
03-23-2004, 08:48 PM
thats downright "RAD"!!!

Foggerjet
03-24-2004, 05:31 AM
Very,Very cool! No bling, no flash, just rooster in your face speed. I enjoy very much seeing an actual lake boat (a trick one) with a careful setup and proper parts selection stir a buzz amongst competitors. I'll bet noone gave him a second glance at first, Except maybe y'all who know him. But after he made a pass or two I'd say ALL EYES were on him. I'd like to see the faces of the guys he waxed! Big Props! congrats.
fog

Jim B.
03-24-2004, 08:28 AM
Yeah, I was there at Ming on Sunday in the morning for awhile. I saw that yellow bubbledeck and was very impressed! I had a good time and hope to be running my boat there soon. It would be cool to meet and hook up with some of you guys at the races. I've never done any type of organized dragboat and would like to start. Maybe some of you could show me the ropes and help me get started. HBjet, I was bummed to saw you, your chick and some other guy walking to the gates as I was driving out of the lot. Hopefully one of these days we will meet....
Jim

Bense468
03-24-2004, 04:19 PM
Thanks Randy for the info.