PDA

View Full Version : F%*king Lake Lice

Mr.Havasu
03-22-2004, 08:37 AM
Watch out, I'm going to rant here!
I've had it with Lake lice.
Here is are senerio:
Got a call from a hot boat member that was broke down on the lake near black meadow yesterday around 5:00 and needed help.
Told him to get a tow across to the California side and I would pick him up at Cat tail cove and take hime back to his truck at windsor. He said there were very few boats around and couldn't get any assistance.
So I pulled my boat to cat tail cove and launched it there and went to go look for him(Sun is setting)
I just replaced the impeller on my port side engine the day before and well I guess I didn't get it quite right because the port motor heated up in a couple of minutes and I had to shut it down. A few seconds later, and don't ask me why because the boat was running tight on Wednesday, the other engine dies and won't start back up.:confused:
Lift hatch and start wigling wires etc.:confused:
Then comes along two ****ing lake lice who thinks its funny to start charging at the boat then turning sharly to splash water on us.(Did I mentioned I just detailed the boat and polished the motors?) They were laughing and smiling as big as shit. They continued to do this three or four times. Pissed the shit out of me.
So what do you do? I'm dead in the water, hatch up, I didn't even have a coke I could throw at them:mad: . What ever happened to stopping and asking if a stranded boater needed help? Instead they just saw us as a lame duck and a sitting target. Makes you want to run down these fockers.
Well I got the engine to fire finally (Lake lice were long gone) found friend and limped in on one not so good motor pulling friend and got him back to his tow rig. Alls good in the hood. But if I ever regonize those SOBs out there I'll show them what a soda can launch from 2000 H.P can do.
Rant off!

OGShocker
03-22-2004, 08:42 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

HCS
03-22-2004, 08:44 AM
How can people be so ****ed up.:confused:

Jungle Boy
03-22-2004, 08:48 AM
That just ain't normal behavior. Just another example of lake lice earning their well deserved reputation. Paintball gun under the seat. :mad:

Dr. Eagle
03-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
How can people be so ****ed up.:confused:
It is likely a combination of two words
1. Rental
2. Stupidity
Not only is that jacked up, but I am pretty sure it is illegal...:mad:

Mr.Havasu
03-22-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
I was thinking the same thing but couldn't get a cf# off the fockers.

boatnam2
03-22-2004, 08:55 AM
that happened to me at the end of last year,man if i could of just caught him boat cop would of had to haul me in because i would still be beating the **** out of him.not only that i would of also showed him was a hammer does to the bottom of a jet ski.

AZKC
03-22-2004, 08:57 AM
Get a rope:mad: Sounds like a little vigilante action group needs to be formedhttp://smiley.onegreatguy.net/soapbox.gif

Laveyman
03-22-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Jungle Boy
Paintball gun under the seat.
Now this is funny as chit!!! I love this idea!

beached 1
03-22-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
It is likely a combination of two words
It is.
I saw a guy get slapped with a 3k fine once. I think they cited him for reckless..

OGShocker
03-22-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Laveyman
I thought you would. You have a 9mm with you don't you?:D I wanna boat with Laveyman!!!;)

Mr.Havasu
03-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Me Too!
Could you imagine there faces when you point a gun at them? Ha Ha! mother fockers!

Tom Brown
03-22-2004, 09:40 AM
Jet boaters! :mad:

repo man
03-22-2004, 09:44 AM
kids fishing pole and a big ass trebel hook . hopefully you get them by the nuts.:mad:

welk2party
03-22-2004, 09:47 AM
We were down by the dam in laughlin on my friends pontoon boat heading back to bullhead. We were loaded with friends and music having a great time. Suddenly lake lice come right up to the side of our boat and cut a hard turn and literally soak everything and everyone.:mad: They took off but not far. We hammered the throttles and caught up to them. The idiots were just hanging around bothering other boats and did not even notice us coming. My buddy grabs a beer while we are yelling a them. They start to take off but not before my buddy throws the beer and actually gets lucky and hits the ski.:D They left never to be seen by us again.

superdave013
03-22-2004, 10:02 AM
one time myself and a friend were floating down parker in feb. The water wast pretty cold but was a nice day in the high 70's.
Just kicking back enjoying the day and some chick on a see doo stops and starts chatting. All was good and then this ****ing c__t looks at us and leand that ski over and just roosted the holly shit out of us.
And she kept doing it and I was stranded. I had to prime the injector with a squirt bottle each time to start it and there was no way I was opening the butterflys.
She put so much water in the boat I thought it was gonna ****ing sink. Everything soaked, engine was soaked from the injector hat on down. I did kinda try and cover up the mag the best I could.
Then she stops like everything is cool and she did think it was funny. I was seeing blood ****ING red by now.
I got the engine fired and started to drive away. Then I snapped. Spun the boat around right at her. I wacked the gas with not much plate in it. The look on her face was total terror as all she saw was fins, propshaft and the prop comming right at her. And comming very quickly too. She hit the gas and I just missed her (glad I did now). Spun the boat around a few times trying my best to run her ass over. (glad I didn't now) I did put the holly fear of god in that bitch though (and the guy in the other seat was shittin about now also)
I think in the end we were both lucky that my old drag boat didn't turn well and only held 5 gal of fuel.

Dr. Eagle
03-22-2004, 10:16 AM
Some people just don't have any friggin common sense....
I think it is a function of the maturity of the driver/operator.
I think that the low entry cost of lake lice allows people that have no frigging clue to go out an play.
Also the scourge of most resorts that have them are the jet ski rentals. There you have total newbies on these powerful machines operating them without a clue as to the rules/laws or customs. Most shouldn't be driving a car, let alone a watercraft.:mad:

Drunk tank
03-22-2004, 10:21 AM
**** a paintball gun.
get a stainless steel 12ga (think mossberg makes one) and load that bitch with beanbag rounds or rubber buckshot. Should leave a lasting impression on them :mad:

Mandelon
03-22-2004, 10:25 AM
Any idiot with decent credit can get these things with 0 down and cheap payments......they really ought to license those retards. Put an end to the rental business. Make it like Class M licensing.

Dave C
03-22-2004, 10:28 AM
would it still be illegal to shoot salt rounds from a 12 ga????.....
My buddy had the same thing happen to him a couple of years ago but the damn kid actually hit and ran over his boat.:mad: What a bunch of B.S.

DeltaSigBoater
03-22-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Drunk tank
**** a paintball gun.
get a stainless steel 12ga (think mossberg makes one) and load that bitch with beanbag rounds or rubber buckshot. Should leave a lasting impression on them :mad:
Few years back, took some friends of mine on their 1st trip to the lake. Had boat anchored bow out, 2 of the girls decided to go out and tan on the bow of the boat. Some dumb **** on a ShittyDoo starts busting 180s and 360s a few feet off the bow, trying to impress the girls. Well he sprayed them down and they got pissed, so did I, along with all the other guys in the group. Later that day I was teaching one of the girls how to double ski, about 30minutes into it and her falling a lot her comes the same douche bag, only this time he’s doing doughnuts around her in the water. She’s in tears and I’ve had enough…pull out the Remington 12ga and fire one off (not towards him, nor anyone else on the lake) to gain his attention. Hears and sees what I just did and takes off. WHAT A ****ING PUSSY!!!

Scream
03-22-2004, 10:48 AM
Ya know, where's a cop when you need one...
It's too bad you didn't get the CF or AZ numbers off the sumbitches, then at least you coulda filed a report. I can't list the number of times I've wanted to throttle one of those C%#k Suckers by the neck when I'm towing one of my kids or trying to teach them to ski or wakeboard. This coming from someone who used to own one. I came close to one boat one time and the look I got from the boater told me to stay the hell away. From that time forward I respected the boats distance from me and me from them...
When I owned my Seadoo and let a friend use it, I'd always go over the rules of not being an ass before I'd give them the lanyard.
They are still a lot of fun to play on, but anthing can be dangerous in the wrong hands IMO. A paintball across the bow should be a deterent, although it's probably considered battery if you hit em and assault if you don't.

Garrddogg
03-22-2004, 11:05 AM
Two words Digital Camera ! Take thier pic and just Smile.they'll freak out and run away (prolly)Or you could allways keep a few Q balls in the glove box :D

Mr.Havasu
03-22-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Force 26
Two words Digital Camera ! Take thier pic and just Smile.they'll freak out and run away (prolly)Or you could allways keep a few Q balls in the glove box :D
The camera thing might be as effective as the Q ball.
Glad you guys didn't delay going home to go with us, it would have been a real bummer for you.

Garrddogg
03-22-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Force 26
OR BOTH!:idea2:

superdave013
03-22-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Scream
When I owned my Seadoo and let a friend use it, I'd always go over the rules of not being an ass before I'd give them the lanyard.
They are still a lot of fun to play on, but anthing can be dangerous in the wrong hands IMO. A paintball across the bow should be a deterent, although it's probably considered battery if you hit em and assault if you don't.
To bad all see dooers are not like you. The rules of the road are pretty simple and a little instruction can go along way.
I gotta admit, I like to ride them too.

Garrddogg
03-22-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by warlock25
The camera thing might be as effective as the Q ball.
Glad you guys didn't delay going home to go with us, it would have been a real bummer for you.
I think it would have been fun though! I would have prolly lost my shoes,sunglasses,cell phone and emptied my pockets (goin for the lucky shot)
Thanks for all your help this weekend Michelle I cant wait till the boat and the house is done.
(M80'S):eek:

roostwear
03-22-2004, 11:21 AM
I've had the fockers do that to me a couple times.... I have an advantage, though. A low compression motor that ALWAYS starts quick, and has enough power to chase 'em down. A sharp turn and a little nozzle gets their attention.

Essex502
03-22-2004, 11:32 AM
Damn lake lice. The cost of entry into boating got really cheap when lake lice were invented. Hence, too many a$$holes are now out on the lake and on the beach that have no respect, courtesy or common decency. They car about nothing but themselves sorta' like skateboarders and their tearing up of people's property.
Digital camera is the best solution. Throwing things - not too good a solution 'cause, I'll bet, that they can get felony charges tossed on you if you connect with them.

BADBLOWN572
03-22-2004, 11:43 AM
We were floating on Parker last season with the hatch up, cocktails flowing, etc... A ****ing Asshole on a jetski comes up and starts getting way to close to the boat. I waved him off and he kept comming. He sprayed the whole boat and all that were in it. I got pissed!!! I told everone in the boat and we loaded up. I chased this little ****er down! He instantly ran back to his homeboys who were camped on the side of the beach. When he saw us comming he knew there was no way that he could outrun us. So he retreated back to his hommies. Scared the shit out of the guy with us all screaming at him and chasing him down.
Now, I carry a .40 in the boat at all times along with a flare gun. No matter how fast that guy thinks he is, I still have 16 friends who are a lot faster than he is!

HighRoller
03-22-2004, 11:56 AM
I think one of those 40 inch RC cats would be a good platform for a paintball gun! One of those lake lice fags starts F$%kin with you just sick the RC boat on him and fire a few rounds across his bow! Could you imagine the panic when the weed whacker from hell comes at them spitting paint balls?:D

DeltaSigBoater
03-22-2004, 12:00 PM
I own 2 PWCs, and every time I go out to the lake my friends ask, “hey did you ever get the jet skis fixed?”
“They’re PersonalWaterCrafts, Jet Skis are a Brand Name made by Kawasaki. I own a Yamaha Wave Runner & a Sea Doo built by Bombardier, the same company that builds LearJet. And no they are not fixed.”
They actually run very well, it’s just easier to tell my buddies that they don’t work.

HCS
03-22-2004, 12:05 PM
Ok.

Laveyman
03-22-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by OGShocker
I thought you would. You have a 9mm with you don't you?:D I wanna boat with Laveyman!!!;)
9mm leaves permanant wounds. The paintball will just leave nasty ****ing welts that'll make em think twice before they do it again! ;)

Pointerman
03-22-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Why do you have a gun in your boat? Especially if you consider yourself a tough guy?
I can tell you flat out, I don't care what the situation is or who's at fault.. Some guy starts firing rounds on you'll be seeing me leave the scene in a hurry. 2nd thing you'd see is me calling the cops about the nut job that's shooting guns off in a boat.
I don't want you to think that I'm talking shit, becuase god knows I can relate on some level to the PWC situation. Everyone of us has had an experience with people that just have no clue. I'm just of the opinion that carrying a shot gun in your boat might be a tad on the excessive side, and discharging that shotgun to get someones undivided attention, while effective, might be just a tad on the "millitant" side.. Calling him a pussy for leaving the scene after discharing said shotgun, well all things reversed would you stick around? If you would that doesn't make you tough, that makes you the next winner of a darwin award.
RD
AMEN!

Tom Brown
03-22-2004, 02:10 PM
I remember this one time... I was cleaning my automatic assault riffle while a bunch of PWC riders were pulling doughnuts and driving like jackasses close to where I was trying to relax when the gun inadvertently went off killing all of them.
Man... that was a time...

AZKC
03-22-2004, 02:12 PM
Nice :D Those are the times you'll allways remember;)

HCS
03-22-2004, 02:44 PM
If you really want to fight, paint gun should work just fine.:rolleyes:

PHOTOGLOU
03-22-2004, 02:51 PM
If you really want to fight, paint gun should work just fine.:rolleyes: That should work just fine. Now lets see if we can have somebody load the paintballs with pepper spay

HARDIN18
03-22-2004, 03:03 PM
My Place diverter works very well for keeping "P.W.C." riders away from my boat.
They splash, I splash. I think its more fun for me though. When I hit them they go flying off there ski @ 40 mph. Only happend once and I can promise you that guy never splashed a boat again.

Tom Brown
03-22-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by DeltaSigBoater
…pull out the Remington 12ga...
Guys... this HAS to be a joke. Isn't that the sort of thing they call out the SWAT team for and drop you down like Old Yeller? :D :D :D

Pointerman
03-22-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by PHOTOGLOU
That should work just fine. Now lets see if we can have somebody load the paintballs with pepper spay
The police actually use this exact technology for riot control or for subduing individuals that are severely out of control. It's pretty cool stuff.

Pointerman
03-22-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
Guys... this HAS to be a joke. Isn't that the sort of thing they call out the SWAT team for and drop you down like Old Yeller? :D :D :D
I'm thinking someone got caught up in the "oh yeah, well listen to my story about what I did when someone pissed me off" syndrome. I doubt it really happened. I can see it now... bouncin' around in the boat, under the seat the safety gets jarred loose (because that model does have a push button safety) and BLAM!!!! he blows his own butt off. :D

clownpuncher
03-22-2004, 03:11 PM
I feel your pain. Inconsiderate PWC'ers should be severly disciplined. However, I do feel that the whole gun thing is a little drastic and WILL get you in trouble with the law. Not to mention the fact that there may be others with guns out there that don't take too kindly to these actions. I have to admit I'd like to see the look on their faces when you fire a round off. :eek!: You'll get in trouble for the paintball deal too. I'm thinking the best thing for paybacks is at least a video/still camera recording the assholes.

OGShocker
03-22-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by clownpuncher
I feel your pain. Inconsiderate PWC'ers should be severly disciplined. However, I do feel that the whole gun thing is a little drastic and WILL get you in trouble with the law. Not to mention the fact that there may be others with guns out there that don't take too kindly to these actions. I have to admit I'd like to see the look on their faces when you fire a round off. :eek!: You'll get in trouble for the paintball deal too. I'm thinking the best thing for paybacks is at least a video/still camera recording the assholes.
How about a BIG pump, four guys and a four inch hose?

clownpuncher
03-22-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by OGShocker
How about a BIG pump, four guys and a four inch hose?
LOL. Now you're talkin brutha!! :D

AdrenelineOD
03-22-2004, 03:19 PM
I Hope boatin doesn`t get me in prison. Piss me off I will in fact run them over. I don`t have a problem with murder it`s the gettin cought part that bothers me. I don`t own a gun, just friendly loving pit bulls. And if I did have a gun it would never be in my boat. I don`t want that darwin award.

Tom Brown
03-22-2004, 03:23 PM
I love all boaters like family, from PWC'ers to ocean going ships. :)

shaun
03-22-2004, 03:24 PM
I remember how pist my dad would get when i was a kid about them. He'd call them perasites (spelling?). I remember seeing my dad beating a few asses on the launch ramps the one that i remember the most was this guy that pulled his truck up all quick jumped out with a hammer in his hand. We'll little did he know my dad is a loose cannon and when his andrenilin gets going it's even worse. He already has high blood preasure and the next thing i know my dad has this guy running backwards with the hammer still in his hand while my dad is delivering kicks and blows to his torso.
Boy are alot of these guys lucky he couldnt walk on water!

Pointerman
03-22-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
paint balls and a slingshot (wristrocket ),O-YA KEEP THE PAINT BALLS IN THE COOLER;) :D
Those of us who play paintball can say a collective "OUCH"! Bad enough playing paintball on a really cold day. Freeze the suckers and you might as well be shooting the person with a real gun.

Kim Hanson
03-22-2004, 04:14 PM
I can soak down lake lice just as bad as they can, just by lifting the engine and a little trim, she sails out there along ways....( . )( . ).........
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/72seadoos.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/72jetski.jpg:cool:

hot_diggity_dog
03-22-2004, 05:14 PM
This is the all time classic.
Sitting in the Channel just before sunset in the channel. Major Holiday weekend.
Cops, SB Sheriff, and everyother LEO out oin force in the channel and Thompson bay/marina area.
Some chick drives standing up full speed on the Sea Doo right through the channel and turns around at the Bridge and goes the other way.
Not on Freaking cop in sight at the moment this happens.
WTF she got away with it and rocked all of the boats in the channnel.
HDD

Dr. Eagle
03-22-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Kim Hanson
I can soak down lake lice just as bad as they can, just by lifting the engine and a little trim, she sails out there along ways....( . )( . ).........
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/72seadoos.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/72jetski.jpg:cool:
Nice....:D

roostwear
03-22-2004, 05:31 PM
http://www.roostwear.com/raid2.jpg

SoCalHD
03-22-2004, 05:34 PM
Many years ago my friends and I found that the Whoppers candy just happens to be about the same diameter as a paintball.........

Scream
03-22-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by SoCalHD
Many years ago my friends and I found that the Whoppers candy just happens to be about the same diameter as a paintball.........
Brutal punishment and a healthy snack to boot! I like it...

rrrr
03-22-2004, 06:06 PM
I own two of 'em. (rrrr hangs his head in shame :D )
But only two people ride 'em, me and my wife. No issues about stipudity, liability, or damage that way.
Interestingly enough, I was riding along the shoreline on my standup ski and an overtaking boat passed about two feet away from me. Scared me shitless.
Just shows you that assholes drive a lot of different vehicles.

GlastronGuy
03-22-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Jungle Boy
That just ain't normal behavior. Just another example of lake lice earning their well deserved reputation. Paintball gun under the seat. :mad:
I like that idea! Are there cheap one you could "lose" after nailing the dick heads?

MudPumper
03-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Memorial day last year I was at Mohave and blew my motor in my 18' Southwind. I was getting towed in by a deck boat at about 3mph and some jack off on a seadoo came with 5ft of my boat and drenched the whole thing. No way I could chase him down and didn't have shit to throw at him. He stopped about a 100 feet away and looked at us like "why are you guys so pissed" ****ing asshole.

HCS
03-22-2004, 09:16 PM
It's like my neighbors cat. " LICE " I just bought a paint gun
for two reasons.

AgentX85239
03-22-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by GlastronGuy
I like that idea! Are there cheap one you could "lose" after nailing the dick heads?
Wal Mart has some cheap paintball guns for $80. You could nail the f'ers a few times them chuck the gun at them

Drunk tank
03-22-2004, 10:06 PM
How about running them down... knocking them off their little PWC...jack their key and leave them and their litle toy their. bet the fawker will wish he had carried a paddle with him. :wink:

Tom Brown
03-22-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by rrrr
Interestingly enough, I was riding along the shoreline on my standup ski and an overtaking boat passed about two feet away from me. Scared me shitless.
You're not helping.
All PWC riders suck! :mad:
:D :D :D

LASERRAY
03-22-2004, 10:16 PM
If you're in your boat going one way, and you pass a pwc rider going the other way, it's probably best to avoid eye contact.;)

HCS
03-22-2004, 10:16 PM
You're not helping.
All PWC riders suck! :mad:
:D :D :D
Throw ****ing brand muffins at em, maybe it will clog their jets.:D

RiverKitty
03-22-2004, 10:27 PM
It's not the lake lice....it's the drivers!!!!!!!!! :mad:
I'm always respectful to other boaters when I'm out cruisin on lake lice.
I'm a good girl, I'da helped ya out in a N.Y. Second!!! :D

Tom Brown
03-22-2004, 10:44 PM
I think the most dangerous PWC riders of all are the hot chicks in the tight wet suits. It's massively distracting...

Phat Matt
03-22-2004, 10:44 PM
Last year one of those guys weren't paying attention while they were driving through the channel and was going head on with my friends new DCB. He turned at the last second while everyone was yelling at him so he didn't get ran over...he just scraped the side of the boat all the way down! The channel was packed and the dude took off.
On the other hand I was parked in the channel one day drinkin' beers and having a great time with my girlfriend and my dog. These guys parked next to us were at the back of their boat with super soakers squirting people as they drive by. no biggie. Well these guys in a jet boat, not PWC, thought it would be funny to get them back. They turned, aimed, and hit the throttle and filled my boat with water. I was so f@#king pissed! My digital camera was soaked. I had to take out my speakers to dry them off...it was just uncalled for, especially in the channel. I guess that shit happens on big weekends though.

Tom Brown
03-22-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by RiverKitty
I could use a little help over here, RK. :D

RiverKitty
03-22-2004, 11:32 PM
What's the matter Tom? Your boat broke down??? :confused:
"Kitty to the Rescue!!!" :D

beached 1
03-23-2004, 07:29 AM
It's not the lake lice....it's the drivers!!!!!!!!! :mad:
I'm always respectful to other boaters when I'm out cruisin on lake lice.
LOL! with all these "this one time.." stories, I was beginning to think PWC's have a mind of their own..
the majority of us who ride responsibly don't ever get noticed. It's the idiots that don't who give the rest of us a bad rep.
Get rid of rentals and get a lic to op, then alot of accidents would be avoided IMO.

HCS
03-23-2004, 07:31 AM
Next is boat rentals. They'll rent one to anyone, with no training.

Essex502
03-23-2004, 07:48 AM
You can purchase hard rubber balls in the same caliber as the .68 cal paint ball guns. In the early days of paintball (80's) we did this as a test to try and recover the balls as the paint filled ones were very, very expensive then. The rubber ones hurt like hell - especially if they hit a bony part of the body. We even tried .50 cal balls and necked down paintball guns but when test fired the .50 cal balls ripped thru 4 layers of cardboard. We were a little scared of them so we never put those into play.
With the rubber balls there won't be any evidence that you fired on someone - only the welts left behind.
Oh...remember...you might put out a lake lice rider's eye with either paint filled or rubber ball fired at them.

Garrddogg
03-23-2004, 08:07 AM
Potato gun with billiard balls:rolleyes:
before everyone rips my ass i was kiddin ! :D

Pointerman
03-23-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by GlastronGuy
Walmart sells some REALLY cheap plastic paintball markers. You can even buy markers that use the little disposable CO2 tubes that you use on pellet guns.

Pointerman
03-23-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Essex502
You can purchase hard rubber balls in the same caliber as the .68 cal paint ball guns. In the early days of paintball (80's) we did this as a test to try and recover the balls as the paint filled ones were very, very expensive then. The rubber ones hurt like hell - especially if they hit a bony part of the body. We even tried .50 cal balls and necked down paintball guns but when test fired the .50 cal balls ripped thru 4 layers of cardboard. We were a little scared of them so we never put those into play.
With the rubber balls there won't be any evidence that you fired on someone - only the welts left behind.
Oh...remember...you might put out a lake lice rider's eye with either paint filled or rubber ball fired at them.
Yes, there would be evidence. Rubber floats. Those balls would not be going away.

Ducatista
03-23-2004, 10:01 AM
Geez a four page thread about the dreaded lake lice and its only Spring. Just out of curiosity...is it legal to carry a loaded firearm in a boat? Since alot of LE visit this board, and some on this board post pictures of themselves and their boats, with the CF #'s visable, clearly stating that they have a firearm onboard. I wonder what the laws actually are, say on Havasu, where you have both Calif and AZ LE envolved. The idea of even having a firearm or paint gun or other "pussy" device for attacking another boater or PWC, even if they deserved it, is just plain stupid IMO. Settle it like a man if ya got to, but leave the gang bang mentality back on the shore. So what is the law? I would like to know....is it ok to carry a firearm? Does the ammo have to be in a seperate locked area like in a car? :confused:

BADBLOWN572
03-23-2004, 10:10 AM
From what I have heard, in the state of AZ, it is not illegal to have a loaded firearm in any vehicle provided that the weapon is in a holster. A friend would carry a .45 under the seat in his truck at all times. I am not sure what the law would say about having a firearm on a public waterway that borders AZ and CA. Don't know.

Essex502
03-23-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Pointerman
Yes, there would be evidence. Rubber floats. Those balls would not be going away.
Do you think the a$$hole on the pwc will stop and collect the rubber ball? He'd have to find it first!

Essex502
03-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Ducatista
Geez a four page thread about the dreaded lake lice and its only Spring. Just out of curiosity...is it legal to carry a loaded firearm in a boat? Since alot of LE visit this board, and some on this board post pictures of themselves and their boats, with the CF #'s visable, clearly stating that they have a firearm onboard. I wonder what the laws actually are, say on Havasu, where you have both Calif and AZ LE envolved. The idea of even having a firearm or paint gun or other "pussy" device for attacking another boater or PWC, even if they deserved it, is just plain stupid IMO. Settle it like a man if ya got to, but leave the gang bang mentality back on the shore. So what is the law? I would like to know....is it ok to carry a firearm? Does the ammo have to be in a seperate locked area like in a car? :confused:
Sounds like a "Boat Cop" question.

WaterBox
03-23-2004, 11:32 AM
Next is boat rentals. They'll rent one to anyone, with no training.
Get-rid of all rentals, If ya cant afford to buy your own shit stay home..

RiverKitty
03-23-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by WaterBox
Get-rid of all rentals, If ya cant afford to buy your own shit stay home..
That's not being fair to the good people that fly in from different parts of the country. The companies that rent the lake lice should be responsible for providing a course/certification that must be passed in order for folks to rent them. For instance, you cannot hunt unless you pass the Hunter/Safety course or if you want to scuba dive, you cannot rent equipment unless you can show that you are certified. Then law enforcement would have an avenue to track down irresponsible assholes that shouldn't be allowed on PWC's! Just my .02 cents.

Tom Brown
03-23-2004, 11:45 AM
An effective solution to the lake lice problem would be to ban jet propulsion from all boats. Next, we should ban 4 stroke power...

WaterBox
03-23-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Drunk tank
**** a paintball gun.
Take the shot out of your rounds and replace it with Rock Salt. The BURNNING will last for days.:D :D

WaterBox
03-23-2004, 12:39 PM
That's not being fair to the good people that fly in from different parts of the country. The companies that rent the lake lice should be responsible for providing a course/certification that must be passed in order for folks to rent them. For instance, you cannot hunt unless you pass the Hunter/Safety course or if you want to scuba dive, you cannot rent equipment unless you can show that you are certified. Then law enforcement would have an avenue to track down irresponsible assholes that shouldn't be allowed on PWC's! Just my .02 cents.
R K. I agree that it might not be fair to the responsible people, But just because they take a course, and have a cert. dosn't change the fact that there is alot of people that just enjoy being A$$holes, and bothering other people. And why is it that most of the time there on a PWC? A course isn't going to teach them common sense, courtesy or resepect. And certification alone won't give you an avenue to track anybody down. You've got to get the numbers off there equipment. I still like the rock salt idea the best, then the good people wouldn't need to worry about it.:D :D :D

coolchange
03-23-2004, 02:11 PM
So I'm sittin in my flat above needles and this jet ski comes by and roosts me and my buddy. After bumpin it over to make sure it didn't hydrolic I fire it up and go after him. Catch up and squeeze him a little to the side and stand on it and BURY the plate. My Sanger would bury the bow eye and it blew him off his ski in about 3 feet of water. Never even looked back.:D

Boatcop
03-23-2004, 02:44 PM
Been reading some of the statements here about firearms, paint ball guns, etc. as a "solution" to the PWC problem.
First of all, let's cover California.
California is a very gun un-friendly state. Having a loaded weapon on you or in your vehicle (boats included) is a Felony.
No need to go deeper into that subject, except to say that California Laws apply on nearly all parts of the Lake and River that border the State.
About paintball or spud guns, here's the text:
654.5. Any person who maliciously throws, hurls, or projects any object by manual, mechanical, or other means at a vessel or any occupant of a vessel on any of the waters within or bordering on this state, which act does not constitute a violation of either Section 242 or 594 of the Penal Code, is guilty of a misdemeanor, and upon first conviction the punishment shall be a fine not to exceed one hundred dollars ($100) or imprisonment in the county jail not to exceed 30 days, or both that fine and imprisonment. Upon a second or subsequent conviction, the punishment shall be a fine of not to exceed two hundred fifty dollars ($250) or imprisonment in the county jail not to exceed 60 days, or both that fine and imprisonment.
'Nuff said about that.
Arizona, on the other hand is very friendly about carrying guns. You can have one aboard your boat, loaded, as long as it is in a holster or scabbard. You can also carry one on your person, as long as it's visible. (In certain business, like bars, anyplace posted "No Weapons", and any Govt. Building, you can't carry a gun.)
We are not, however, very friendly when it comes to displaying one with the intent to terrorize, threaten, or intimidate. We call that Aggravated Assault, which is a Felony.
Using a paintball gun, spud-gun, water baloon launcher, or other "less than lethal" weapons on another person also falls under the category of Assault or Aggravated Assault, depending on the circumstances it was used, and whether any injuries resulted from it. Displaying one with the intent (as above) will also result in serious charges.
If the California Officer stops you and discovers the weapon, it won't matter if you're a resident of Arizona, or anywhere else. They will do what they have to do.
Think twice before taking justice into your own hands.YOU may be the one facing the major charges, while the PWCer laughs all the way to the courthouse to testify against you.

Dr. Eagle
03-23-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by beached 1
LOL! with all these "this one time.." stories, I was beginning to think PWC's have a mind of their own..
Yep... you'd think that wouldn't you... It is the people operating them. Usually without a clue of boating regulations or custom. I operate mine like I operate my boat. With respect and I keep a distance from other boats.
Its kinda like the SUV stories you read in the paper...SUV KILLS FAMILY OF 3... Yep they are so smart they even have a malevolent personality....:D

Ducatista
03-23-2004, 03:11 PM
"Think twice before taking justice into your own hands.YOU may be the one facing the major charges, while the PWCer laughs all the way to the courthouse to testify against you."
Thanks for the info Boatcop

Mr.Havasu
03-23-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Boatcop
Been reading some of the statements here about firearms, paint ball guns, etc. as a "solution" to the PWC problem.
First of all, let's cover California.
California is a very gun un-friendly state. Having a loaded weapon on you or in your vehicle (boats included) is a Felony.
No need to go deeper into that subject, except to say that California Laws apply on nearly all parts of the Lake and River that border the State.
About paintball or spud guns, here's the text:
'Nuff said about that.
Arizona, on the other hand is very friendly about carrying guns. You can have one aboard your boat, loaded, as long as it is in a holster or scabbard. You can also carry one on your person, as long as it's visible. (In certain business, like bars, anyplace posted "No Weapons", and any Govt. Building, you can't carry a gun.)
We are not, however, very friendly when it comes to displaying one with the intent to terrorize, threaten, or intimidate. We call that Aggravated Assault, which is a Felony.
Using a paintball gun, spud-gun, water baloon launcher, or other "less than lethal" weapons on another person also falls under the category of Assault or Aggravated Assault, depending on the circumstances it was used, and whether any injuries resulted from it. Displaying one with the intent (as above) will also result in serious charges.
If the California Officer stops you and discovers the weapon, it won't matter if you're a resident of Arizona, or anywhere else. They will do what they have to do.
Think twice before taking justice into your own hands.YOU may be the one facing the major charges, while the PWCer laughs all the way to the courthouse to testify against you.
well as long as your quoting laws here::
What is the law the PWC's are breaking when they charge a stranded or floating boat and turn sharply to send a wave of water in? I've been reading this thread as well and it seems that said splashing is a PWC'er sport. We were helpless sitting there while they were sending buckets of water at our boat. The damage they could have done could have costs us thousands.
Where's a cop when you need one.

Tom Brown
03-23-2004, 11:15 PM
I got your lake lice control right here... :mad:
http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/uzi.jpg

ROZ
03-24-2004, 12:04 AM
What is the law the PWC's are breaking when they charge a stranded or floating boat and turn sharply to send a wave of water in? I've been reading this thread as well and it seems that said splashing is a PWC'er sport. We were helpless sitting there while they were sending buckets of water at our boat. The damage they could have done could have costs us thousands.
I'd say that falls in the less than lethal aggravated assault catagory... Too bad you couldn't read their ID numbers....:frown:
As always, it's the few that give any recreation a bad name..
Boaters can be just as bad...
On my cousin's first trip out on their new to them boat last year, they heated up and broke down up river... After floatin down river past blythe (Aunt , uncle, cousin, husband, and 3 yr old) powerless they managed to get over to the shore. All the while they were floating honking their horn and waving down several different boaters makin several passes up and down river. They walked the boat up river for a bit until they found a family boater who looked at them like "who the f8ck are you "... They approached the guy for either a tow or atleast a lift for the women and child back to the launchramp. The guy was a fricken prick.. My uncle(who isn't one to be worried about money:wink: ) even offered the guy a hundy for his gas and troubles for a 5 min tow or ride... My uncle pulled the "open your eyes jackoff" I hope your family doesn't ever need a tow karma bah, blah , blah, stuff on him and the guy's old lady told him to help out... I hope they rot in hell :D
Some peeps just don't get RA....

OGShocker
03-24-2004, 05:52 AM
http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/uzi.jpg
Tom Brown, hunting gopher's in the Great White North!?!

beached 1
03-24-2004, 06:52 AM
Like I said earlier in this thread,
I saw a PWCer get a ticket for reckless (if I remember right). He was spashing a buddy who had fallen off of his. I know the guy and I remember him telling me that if he didn't plead down and tried to fight it in court it would have been as much as a 3k fine. I think he got off for a few hundred bucks..
Hey whatever the law is, it worked on him.. He'll never splash anyone.

Laveyman
03-24-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by WaterBox
Take the shot out of your rounds and replace it with Rock Salt. The BURNNING will last for days.:D :D
Ya know what burns even more??? You're a$$hole as your new cellmate named Bubba bends you over for the thirteenth time today cuz you were stupid enough to shoot a PWC'er with a shotgun. :eek: As with most of what is posted here about weapons being used, I would hope you're kidding about this.

havasuaddicted661
03-24-2004, 09:47 AM
one good thing about having a place diverter is when the come up behind you and follow close i just trim it up just enough so the cant cross back and forth across my wake to piss them off and the leave

beached 1
03-24-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by havasuaddicted661
one good thing about having a place diverter is when the come up behind you and follow close i just trim it up just enough so the cant cross back and forth across my wake to piss them off and the leave
The best and safest method of ridding yourself of an A hole PWCer. If he's close enough to get sprayed, then he's following too close.

OGShocker
03-24-2004, 10:35 AM
Ya know what burns even more??? You're a$$hole as your new cellmate named Bubba bends you over for the thirteenth time today cuz you were stupid enough to shoot a PWC'er with a shotgun.
That right there is just plain funny...LMAO!

WaterBox
03-26-2004, 09:04 AM
Ya know what burns even more??? You're a$$hole as your new cellmate named Bubba bends you over for the thirteenth time today cuz you were stupid enough to shoot a PWC'er with a shotgun. :eek: As with most of what is posted here about weapons being used, I would hope you're kidding about this.
Of-corse I'm Kidding Laveyman [ Being a long time Hunter Safety Instructor] I know the do's and don'ts of firearm safety, and the laws. I don't think ANYBODY should be packing while out on the lake. Just asking for trouble. I'm just adding to the B.S. like everyone else on here that's Pissed about what them JURK'S are getting away with:mad: B.T W. What's Bubba's last name do ya know?:D

roostwear
03-26-2004, 09:12 AM
As long as people don't hit me, I don't care if they run red lights, either.:rolleyes:

superdave013
03-26-2004, 09:27 AM
You know I'm gonna say something here and I'm sure I'll get blasted for it..... But, so long as I'm not pulling a skier I could give 2 shits if some PWC'er is jumping my wake?? So long as he's not going to hit the boat it isn't really affecting my life much?
RD
I agree Dave. That is as long as it's a safe distance from me.

roostwear
03-26-2004, 09:29 AM
I don't see what practical difference being out of the intersection makes. Human nature being what it is, if someone has become used to being close to the transom, they will not be as likely to see someone in tow. That ONE time someone is in tow, the jackass that has jumped wakes 100s of times without consequences, will invariably hit them. It a conditioned response.

DeltaSigBoater
03-26-2004, 12:42 PM
You know I'm gonna say something here and I'm sure I'll get blasted for it..... But, so long as I'm not pulling a skier I could give 2 shits if some PWC'er is jumping my wake?? So long as he's not going to hit the boat it isn't really affecting my life much?
RD
Originally posted by superdave013
I agree Dave. That is as long as it's a safe distance from me.
I couldn't have said it better.

liftedtacoma4x
03-28-2004, 11:08 AM
Not All lake lice are bad
http://news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,9094432%255E2761,00.html

Dr. Eagle
03-28-2004, 11:21 AM
Well there you go, that person in the earlier post must have been practicing for that maneuver....
rrrriiiiggggttttt.....
Good example of why you have the extinguisher by the helm....
and no I have not tried the fire extinguishing maneuver with my jet skis....

AzDon
03-28-2004, 01:39 PM
A few years ago, I was being towed back to site six by my brother who, at the time, had a flatbottom. A guy on a PWC pulls alongside my brother and was yelling at him. Turned out the guy was angry because he was teaching his kid (on another PWC) how to wakejump and, because the flatbottom was under a heavy load, the towrope was not visible to this jackoff and he felt that my brother should display a ski-flag. If he had started jumping between the boats, I think I could argue that I felt threatened when I clotheslined the guy. My brother told him to f-off and call the cops if he had a problem and he went somewhere else to be obnoxious.
A couple of other ideas I had..... If you hooked a hose and nozzle to your cooling system, wouldn't spraying them with hot water be considered legally harmless? (I'm thinking that a 60 foot range would prove they were too close!) What about a super-soaker filled with pee?

repo man
03-28-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Essex502
Sounds like a "Boat Cop" question.
wouldn't you rather get shot witha paintball gun than soak up a savage beaten by an enraged madman that you just swamped.