PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Sleekcraft, 260 HP OB, $7K firm

Pointerman
03-22-2004, 12:33 PM
OK, my ebay auction just expired with my boat unsold. I gotta sell this thing since the new boat is already here and the wife is starting to get a little upset. I am cutting through all the negotiating crap and stating my absolute minimum price up front of $7000. Here are the details:
1988 Sleekcraft with a 260 HP Mercury Bridgeport outboard. Boat has a manual jack plate, 24 pitch stainless prop, bimini top, cloth cover and two 16 gallon fuel tanks. Rides on a matching tandem trailer with blue anodized rims. Gel is in great condition. Boat has been garaged it's entire life (except the last month or so it has been under tarps). Current setup does 65. I am quite sure that speed could be improved upon with prop mods and someone that likes to fly a little looser than I do.
This has been a great boat for me for the last four years, but my young son requires something with a little more freeboard so this one has to go. Boat is in Manteca, CA which is close to Stockton and Modesto (Northern California).
You can PM me for details.

Pointerman
03-22-2004, 12:34 PM
Here is the bow

Stuart Anderson
03-22-2004, 12:35 PM
that bow looks really long in the pic

Pointerman
03-22-2004, 12:40 PM
It is pretty long, but it is all about perspective in photos. If you look at the side shot you will see the bow is quite a bit of the boat.

Tom Brown
03-22-2004, 12:51 PM
That looks like a great setup.
I'm surprised you're only seeing 65 with that. I would have expected to see around 80 with a healthy bridgeport. :confused:

Pointerman
03-22-2004, 12:57 PM
Like I said, you might go faster if you like flying it loose. My most recent boat is a deep V as I really don't have the guts to fly the tunnels loose enough to get the max speed out of them. :D