PDA

View Full Version : electronic "float" switch

RedRocket
03-23-2004, 08:50 AM
anyone know where I can get one? there is one called a water witch, I can't find the damn things anywhere and I don't have room for a float. I also need a nice glove box door ,and can't find em either.

Wet Dream
03-23-2004, 09:10 AM
As for the "float switch"...what the hell is it for? Are you talking about a switch that activates a bilge pump when the water gets high enough? If so, you can find them at good ol' Wal-Mart.
For the glove box door, go to www.jcwhitney.com . They might have what you're looking for, unless you are looking for a factory replacement for your boat.

Jordy
03-23-2004, 09:17 AM
Or you can get a bilge pump that just cycles every couple minutes. If it senses resistance from water, it will continue to run and pump out whatever is in the bilge. No float to worry about getting stuck, mucked up, broken, etc.

Jungle Boy
03-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Rule makes them and work good. I have them in both my boats. One manual and one auto.

Rexone
03-23-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by RedRocket
anyone know where I can get one? there is one called a water witch, I can't find the damn things anywhere and I don't have room for a float. I also need a nice glove box door ,and can't find em either.
We have all of the above.
Just give Bob or Jay a call. 909-392-7300
:)

cyclone
03-23-2004, 03:35 PM
i bought the "water witch" at Rex and it works pretty darn good.

Rexone
03-23-2004, 03:38 PM
I've used them too and they do work well. Have a delay built in so they don't start from a little water sloshing around too. We also have the Attwood pumps with built in switches. Here (http://www.rexmar.com/page156.html)

RedRocket
03-23-2004, 06:10 PM
thanks guys. Wet Dream , it's an automatic switch for the bilge that doesn't use an actual float, it's electronic istead.