PDA

View Full Version : I'm Jonesing!!!!!

HotHallet
03-23-2004, 05:07 PM
My boat is so close to being done I can taste the first crank of the ignition, the fuel squirting into the carbs, and the rumble from the headers. Hackjob and Flatbroke and I put the engine back in last weekend and bolted up the headers and starter. I ordered a scoop earlier this week and it should be done in about a week or two. I went to Earls yesterday to get the plumbing sorted out and need to spend some time putting line together and plumbing everything up. Then the interior can go back in. I won't make Run what Ya Brung but hope to be back on the water at the end of next week. Damn is it getting hard to think about anything else but experiencing 170 HP more than my old motor and a brand new pump with the addition of a droop and ride plate and shoe!! Regardless of how tired I am I still cannot sleep!! I have some pics that i will post soon!

cal perf 19
03-23-2004, 07:45 PM
Know what ya mean except when I talked with Jack it looks like I'm spending some more money:eek: Glad to hear your so close. By the way I looked for you at Ming did you make it? Let us know how it's going with that bad boy!
Later BK

HotHallet
03-24-2004, 11:14 AM
Couldn't make Ming. Broke as a joke. Stayed home and worked on the boat instead. A friend of mine Cyclone and I are finishing the igntion tonight and I should have plumbing by end of next week. Getting there indeed!

cal perf 19
03-24-2004, 06:51 PM
Yeah me too! I was thinking about standing on a freeway offramp with a sign that says WILL WORK FOR BOAT PARTS! I figured out that I have another grand in a pump shaft and inducer. Anyways keep up the good work and I'll catch you later BK

MarKist
03-24-2004, 08:02 PM
I'm felling it too.........damn I'm going back down to the garage! :D :D

HotHallet
03-25-2004, 09:40 AM
Got all the plug wires built last night and put in the correct firing order. Cyclone made up templates for the ignition box and coil and fuel press. regulator and Flatbroke is making those up today for me. I should be able to mount up those components this weekend and then move onto plumbing fuel and water lines. I just picked up my new tunnel ram scoop from Dooley enterprises yesterday and ordered some spark arrestors from Rex Marine. I still have to get a water press. regulator and take the boat to have carpet installed back by the engine. I figure another week or two and I am water bound.