PDA

View Full Version : Cottonwood Cove Spring Break

Debbolas
03-23-2004, 08:07 PM
Hey,
We are taking our new Kachina 26 Force to Lake Mohave in about two weeks. Can't wait.....
Two questions:
will the water be warm?
will the weather be warm?
will there be storms ?(ok three questions)
We did Mohave in May for Mothers day once, never this early.
What are your thoughts.....
Deb
:):D

Havasu Hangin'
03-23-2004, 08:09 PM
Warm weather...cold water.
That's my unofficial, unscientific prediction.

Kachina26
03-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Water will definately be COLD, weather may be nice. Check the weather service for storms, but definately no monsoons. Is this Screams better half?

Debbolas
03-23-2004, 08:14 PM
Yes,
Mrs. Scream
:)
Still trying to figure all this out...

BADBLOWN572
03-23-2004, 08:22 PM
Water will be cold that is for sure. Just remember the farther you go towards Hoover Dam and lake Mead, the colder it gets! Up under the dam in the middle of summer, it is freezing. The weather is usually fine if the wind is not blowing. Cottonwood can get mean and nasty. Bring a heavy jacket and long pants for bad weather. Chances are, no rain, but wind is a consideration. Trust me, if you see 2 flags flying or an orange flag with a black ball flying over the houseboat shack, stay in the marina! The weather out at Cottonwood changes in a moment's notice and will get MEAN! Will go from glass to wicked in 20 minutes! However, it is my favorite place to go because when the weather is right, it is paradise.

Kachina26
03-23-2004, 08:26 PM
Welcome aboard and have fun here.:D :D

mike37
03-23-2004, 08:36 PM
Cottonwood is awsome
only ben there one time but loved it
bad water in the after noon lots of wind

hd&boatrider
03-23-2004, 08:44 PM
Stay out of the basin and head North and you should be OK. Here is a link to weather....http://www.coloradoriverinfo.com/weather/lake.mohave.shtml looks like it will be pretty nice. I boat on Mohave all the time and I love it.
Rivjas just spent last weekend out there and the weather was perfect.

Debbolas
03-24-2004, 04:03 PM
Yeah we go caught on the way back from Willow Beach in our little 19ft SeaRay in a gale force hurricane storm on our last day of a mothers day houseboat trip. Weather was great all day, up at Willow, just on the way back, it was awfull. We had three foot swells breaking over our open bow and washing out the back.
not fun.
So if it is cloudy now we stay in......
Can't wait!
:)