http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1536MVC-009F-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1536MVC-010F-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1536MVC-011F-med.JPG

DCB
03-23-2004, 09:17 PM
oops, forgot one

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-23-2004, 09:20 PM
Damn it man. we missed the unveiling. this too is an awesome rig. that is one bad ass DCB. these guys are the greatest. I don't think any of these pics. do these boats justice. They are awesome and the people that work there are just as awesome. I hope our boat looks that good. thanks guys at DCB for a great day. :D we will see you all soon. ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-23-2004, 09:21 PM
:D

DCB
03-23-2004, 09:21 PM
thanks again for lunch Jamie

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-23-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by DCB
thanks again for lunch Jamie
this is the Mrs. but you are more then welcome. anytime. you guys are awesome. thanks for everything from all of you. next time we will come on a friday so we can get you all some beer to go with lunch. ;)

mbrown2
03-23-2004, 09:31 PM
Nice boat...solid setup....now for Dave's socks, that's a different story:rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

Dennis26
03-23-2004, 09:40 PM
Boat looks tight. Came out great with the top deck molded to the bottom, wonder how that will hold up.

Charley
03-23-2004, 09:44 PM
Bitchen boat...... how can you be that talented and stylish and still somehow pick out those sox?
JK
;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-23-2004, 09:47 PM
at least the socks are white and not black with the robe picking up the paper from the front yard. J/K :D :D

Goodtime$
03-23-2004, 10:00 PM
Another great 29, wow 525s look sweet in there.
What kind of boat did Dave have prior? any pics on Teagues boat?

CMABadseed
03-23-2004, 10:06 PM
damn that thing is sick! i know you boys are lurkin'! fellas that thing looks spectacular. i'm comin down next week to say hi and bitchen work comin outta there!

Lakeshow
03-23-2004, 10:07 PM
The socks are Schweeet!!!!!
Are those DCB logos that I see on them - damn.

unleashed
03-23-2004, 10:13 PM
You guys are killing me with all these great photos. You can tell Dave is really proud of the bling bling rims on his trailer. Great looking product for sures!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

mbrown2
03-23-2004, 10:17 PM
Den, good catch on the deck/bottom join....looks nice...would have looked really tight without the rail, but the rail makes it more fool proof...I don't think Dave will have a problem getting the spider cracks repaired after a couple years if there are any:D :D :D
He actually almost talked me into doing that join, but once he said no warranty on cracks if any, I said better do the rub rail....does look awesome..
I am bummed I did not go with the gray trailer looks almost like a powercoat ...but I can live with red...:D

DCB
03-23-2004, 10:18 PM
Dave is going to kill me for sure in the morning for the sock comment

Lakeshow
03-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Are you saying Dave is a lurker?

mbrown2
03-23-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by DCB
Yeah, you are probably still on probation too.....making friends:D :D :D

Lakeshow
03-23-2004, 10:22 PM
DCB - has the FX28 with the Vail paint job shown up yet?

roln 20s
03-24-2004, 07:49 AM
I am a true believer in this DCB F29. This is one of the badest boats around, love the graphics on this one and the red/gray one.
Dave should be proud of those trailer wheels- that trailer is straight bad ass, so Bling! Are those 18's or 20's--if he has 20's on his trailer my truck must be way out of style.
Keep the pics coming. They look great.
Roln 20s

Charley
03-24-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by DCB
HMMMMMM... maybe you will get fired and there will be a job opening up.... anyone here wanna water test boats for a living???:D

boxscore
03-24-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Lakeshow
The socks are Schweeet!!!!!
Are those DCB logos that I see on them - damn.
LMAO... If only they'd get their act together and update their website, then I could order a pair. From the looks of all the 29's coming out of there, my 26 is gonna be a collectors item by fall.

DCB
03-24-2004, 08:14 AM
The FX-28 is not back from vail yet...

DCB
03-24-2004, 08:18 AM
Our act will be together real soon...going over the final details on the new website this Friday, and should have it up shortly after, say another week or two.

boxscore
03-24-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by DCB
Our act will be together real soon...going over the final details on the new website this Friday, and should have it up shortly after, say another week or two.
The whole website bashing would have a little more "weight" to it if the boats coming outta the shop weren't as tasty as they are. Keep up the good work. Hell... you guys could save money, not produce a website, and just post all new boat pictures that leave your shop here on this forum. That would be better advertisement anyway with all of our unabated cheerleading. Pass that savings on to the customer... probably about $12.00 per boat. I could afford to launch one more time each year at Windsor.

Three Days Only
03-24-2004, 09:13 AM
Daves lookin pretty good these days!!! except for those shoes
LOL:D
3DO

BADBLOWN572
03-24-2004, 09:19 AM
Anyone know how it ran with the twin 525's?

Charley
03-24-2004, 09:22 AM
I was told the first run they saw 118 with 36's.... Dave wanted to try 39's and was thinking 124.... even the 118 # is quite good, but if they can get 120+ out of a "BONE STOCK" (dare i say that around here) mercruiser package, then I would be even more impressed!

BADBLOWN572
03-24-2004, 09:28 AM
Any way you look at it, you are moving! Anything that will run 115+ and have a 1 year warranty is a killer package in my book.

Three Days Only
03-24-2004, 10:20 AM
Charley
39P props with a pair of 525's. Doesnt that sound a little ridiculous........... It does to me. What is the point of trying to get this super high top speed out of small motors, when it takes the whole lake to get there? They know the boat will travel upwards of 150 smoothly (No Pass) with tons of acceleration, and major top end with big power. Im just stunned that all the boat manufactures are trying to get these high numbers with small power. It is unrealistic at best to actually own a boat that can barely get itself up on plane without prop blow out just to run a big number. Not to mention how hard it is on the motors. Why not set the boat up to run 114-120 and still have decent acceleration. They might be able to run that big number, but there still going to be getting there last.
Just Doesnt make sense!!!!!!!!
My.02
Shit, I might as well run 1.24 gears and some custom 39p hering five blade props I could run 166.5 with two 800's - Look out Bling Bling here I come, just give me a ten minute head start to get there.

UnionJack
03-24-2004, 10:20 AM
Dave said I could take her for a spin this weekend, I think it is so I get hooked and buy one

roln 20s
03-24-2004, 10:29 AM
Dave said I could take her for a spin this weekend, I think it is so I get hooked and buy one
Sounds like a good business move for Dave :D
You test drive, you like, he sells your old/new boat, you are boatless for the summer, and get a new 29 at the end of summer! Dave has got this business model thing down, really really well :D Let us know how it drives, rides and a price would help keep it all in perspective.
Roln 20s

TOBTEK
03-24-2004, 01:14 PM
HAS ANYONE NOTICED THAT BIG DAVE LOOKS KINDA LIKE......
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135BUTTHEAD1-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135BUTTHEAD2.jpg
WELL ATLEAST THE WAY HE DRESSES.......HEHEHEHEHE:D :)

mbrown2
03-24-2004, 01:27 PM
Toby...I am sure you will be a paying a premium on your next one....that's funny stuff.:D

TOBTEK
03-24-2004, 01:36 PM
WAS laughing my BUTT off looking for those pic's.......Your probably right MB......HOPE NOT ! Dont use the one we have now, I have NO biz even thinking of a different/larger DCB....Plus I would have to be in Mortage to afford a new one! Are things nuts for you right now with the rate drop last week?

mbrown2
03-24-2004, 01:46 PM
Its always nutty around here...if it is not funding loans, its servicing a $hitload of them..

Reaper1
03-24-2004, 01:51 PM
Tobtek - That's funny chit man!:D

Lakeshow
03-24-2004, 02:24 PM
LMFAO!

Charley
03-25-2004, 04:56 AM
Actually 3do, I dont think it's ridiculous at all...Dave has a few PROP choices at his shop and he is squeezing numbers out of this boat just like every other manufacturer... Personally I think it's ridiculous when a manufacturer starts yanking interior out, but not running tall props.
PS... I dont think your boat will run 166.5,156.5 or even 146.5
:p :p
Originally posted by Three Days Only
Charley
39P props with a pair of 525's. Doesnt that sound a little ridiculous........... It does to me. What is the point of trying to get this super high top speed out of small motors, when it takes the whole lake to get there? They know the boat will travel upwards of 150 smoothly (No Pass) with tons of acceleration, and major top end with big power. Im just stunned that all the boat manufactures are trying to get these high numbers with small power. It is unrealistic at best to actually own a boat that can barely get itself up on plane without prop blow out just to run a big number. Not to mention how hard it is on the motors. Why not set the boat up to run 114-120 and still have decent acceleration. They might be able to run that big number, but there still going to be getting there last.
Just Doesnt make sense!!!!!!!!
My.02
Shit, I might as well run 1.24 gears and some custom 39p hering five blade props I could run 166.5 with two 800's - Look out Bling Bling here I come, just give me a ten minute head start to get there. :D

Charley
03-25-2004, 04:58 AM
PSS... The only Herrings that should hang off the back of your boat should be on the end of a fishing line :eek:

Three Days Only
03-25-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Charley
PSS... The only Herrings that should hang off the back of your boat should be on the end of a fishing line :eek:
Your right because Herring with two rr's is a fish and Hering with one r is a prop company!!!!
Originally posted by Charley
Actually 3do, I dont think it's ridiculous at all...Dave has a few PROP choices at his shop and he is squeezing numbers out of this boat just like every other manufacturer... Personally I think it's ridiculous when a manufacturer starts yanking interior out, but not running tall props.
PS... I dont think your boat will run 166.5,156.5 or even 146.5
My boat, it's the same situation, tall props + tall gears = top speed. They ran a spectre 36 with 575's tall props and saw 131.8. Is it possiable, im sure it is? With the right props, gears and enough space who knows what the outcome could be. Spectre and Teague both have said that speeds of 140+ could be seen just by running the same props 35p 5 blades and switching the gears to 1.24's, while still being able to hit the rev limiters running the 35's.
Im not saying anything negative about DCB, I just think all these manufactures (All key word) going for these top speed runs with unrealistic set up's are crazy. Dave knows that the F-29 is one sick boat, that has proven its capablilty of running extremely high numbers with real power. Why try to accomplish big numbers with unrealistic set-ups, which know one would run on a day to day basis. Just curious!!! Is it to show hull efficency, must likely, but we all know his hulls are efficient, he has porven that year after year. Your's and No Pass are perfect example's of what the F-29 can do with a realistic setup.
Are you going to the river this weekend, we can talk about this over some Grey Goose and Cran!!!!!!!
Just my .02
3DO

DrewDown
03-25-2004, 09:25 AM
I just think all these manufactures (All key word) going for these top speed runs with unrealistic set up's are crazy. . Why try to accomplish big numbers with unrealistic set-ups, which know one would run on a day to day basis. Just curious!!!
3DO
I think people just like to know that the boat is capable of reaching those speeds if they wanted to. I think the manufactures do it because that is the most common thing talked about when a new boat is built.(whats the top speed?) Everybody wants to know the top speed. Then all those people on ***boat fourms will talk about it and give the manufacture some good free advertisement.

Three Days Only
03-25-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by DrewDown
I think people just like to know that the boat is capable of reaching those speeds if they wanted to. I think the manufactures do it because that is the most common thing talked about when a new boat is built.(whats the top speed?) Everybody wants to know the top speed. Then all those people on ***boat fourms will talk about it and give the manufacture some good free advertisement.
Makes sense, but still not an everyday boat. Would you purchase a boat with 2 525's that would run 125-130, but could not get out of it's own way. I just think that it is sort of marketing BS at its best.
3DO

DrewDown
03-25-2004, 02:26 PM
Makes sense, but still not an everyday boat. Would you purchase a boat with 2 525's that would run 125-130, but could not get out of it's own way. I just think that it is sort of marketing BS at its best.
3DO
It's gotta be solid the whole way through. I like the way Slick's boat is proped up. That thing gets it the whole way through but is most likely capable of bigger #'s with bigger props.

Charley
03-25-2004, 09:10 PM
Right on Jeff... I do understand what you are trying to say.... I think it just boils down to the top speed you can get with "X" motor or horsepower, and the bragging rights that go with an impressive number... The reality is that all of the manufacturers use a "shit for accelleration" Prop when they are after the top speed number... they dont care if it took from long beach to catalina to get there it's just about the GPS verified #!
Sorry no fun for me this weekend... well at the River anyways... I stopped by Teague today on the way home from sacramento, Deano said to say Hi ;).. Have Fun this weekend and be safe!:D

HavasuDreamin'
03-26-2004, 08:57 AM
One word................Advertising.
Everyone does it, and I am sure Dave as well as Eliminator, etc. will send 95% of their boats out of the factory with props that are good all around performers.
:cool:

Dave C
03-26-2004, 10:51 AM
That's a sick boat. I like the red one on the other thread.
RE: top-end set ups.....whats the big deal?
they get great marketing "bang" with those speed claims then you swap the props out after you take delivery and problem solved.......:idea2:

roln 20s
03-26-2004, 12:11 PM
Any word yet on what these boats ran at the Powerboat Trials? No matter what, they both have a bad ass look factor. Doesn't get much nicest than these.
Roln 20s

Ivan Dan
03-26-2004, 10:27 PM
What would something like this cost?

Charley
03-26-2004, 10:39 PM
About what it costs to buy this ;)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/38riverhousearial.jpg
Now how silly is that?:D

bigq
03-27-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by DCB
This is Dave's personal F-29...hope you like it
You got it made Dave:
Sylish shoes, socks and a new speedy boat, looks sweet.....and again the hair is perfect!:D
You are sethttp://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/aktion/action-smiley-035.gif

Mr.Havasu
03-27-2004, 07:49 PM
I just detailed this new 29 for Dave. Without a doubt I have never seen any boat put together so well. The fit and finish is second to none. Even the engine compartment and wiring are literly perfect.
If this piece of equipment isn't perfection, I don't know what is.