PDA

View Full Version : How deep is Havasu now?

THOR
03-24-2004, 09:13 AM
I have a buddy that is not computer savvy like us that is thinking of putting in at Topock and running down to Havasu for the day. He has a 25' Daytona. Is topock and/or Havasu deep enough? Should he just go to Windsor?
thanks

79 HUSTLER
03-24-2004, 09:17 AM
Plenty deep enough right now. Will be going through there all weekend in a 29 cat. KELLY

fourspeednup
03-24-2004, 09:21 AM
Made the run from topock to havasu 2x last weekend with jackpunx, once with a 26 daytona running alongside, no probs until further up river around needles:cool:
Very nice run through the gorge:cool:

MASTERKENDOG
03-24-2004, 09:22 AM
I was there this past weekend on Sunday 3-21 and sooooo sweet! From Moabi to London Bridge, no problem. Above Moabi, I don't know. But from where I said I was, the levels are fine. I saw a couple of 28' Nordics runnin up and down through Topoc and surrounding areas. Hope that helps ya!!
MKD

fourspeednup
03-24-2004, 09:23 AM
Oh yeah, Topock ramp is very steep, stay on the left side.
No wait last weekend:cool:

havasuaddicted661
03-24-2004, 09:41 AM
ya i saw alot of 25' and larger boats running through there all weekend..you shouldnt have any problems

Ivan Dan
03-24-2004, 11:02 AM
YA we went up past Topoc on Sunday too in the 28 Deckboat and no problems at all.
MASTERKENDOG is was nice to meet you man sorry we couldn't find a good spot by you guys to hang out. That was such a last minute trip that we didn't even have rope for our anchors yet.
We are gonna be up for Easter weekend so hopefully I will get to meet some more board members.

100+Placecraft
03-24-2004, 02:09 PM
It was good last weekend, and should be up this weekend too. I wouldnt reccommend launching from topock anymore, drive the extra mile and launch at Moabi.

Debbolas
03-24-2004, 04:11 PM
If you launch at Moabe keep to the right of the channel. There are sand bars toward the left side were the sandy beaches are. Very shallow areas. Not fun to drive through at night.
:)
Plus they have these funny lane dividers that make launching very interesting.It is our favorite place to camp, on the pennisula, especially now that they have hookups.....