PDA

View Full Version : Sammy back with Van Halen?

HighRoller
03-24-2004, 01:10 PM
Damn, I hope so. I never realized it until they broke up in 96, but they are probably my favorite band of all time. One of the biggest regrets I have in life is never seeing them live. Guaranteed if they are back together I'll be first in line for a ticket!

rivercrazy
03-24-2004, 01:17 PM
I REALLY hope this is the case as well. Also one of my favorites of all time!
And yea I did see them live a few times. One with David and once with Sammy.
Lets keep our fingers crossed on this rumor. I've been hearing some rumblings about a late summer or early fall tour!
Come back Van Halen! :D

John Case
03-24-2004, 01:20 PM
Yes it's true.There back and gonna kick some a**.Know this for a fact.

dimarcobros
03-24-2004, 01:21 PM
I have had a coupl eof beers with Michael Anthony, very cool guy. My buddy lives across the street from him.
DMB

V-Drizzle
03-24-2004, 01:21 PM
FO SHIZZLE!

OGShocker
03-24-2004, 01:22 PM
We used to watch them in backyards when I was in high school. DLRoth is a D**K

rivercrazy
03-24-2004, 01:31 PM
This is the unoffical tour info available at this time:
Updated: Monday March 22, 2004
TOUR INFO
[3/22/04]:
Detroit, MI
East Rutherford, NJ
Greensboro, NC
Hershey, PA
Kansas City, MO
Las Vegas, NV
Philadelphia, PA
St. Louis, MO
St. Paul, MN
Wilkes-Barre, PA
Worcester, MA
More info coming soon!!
VEGAS HERE I COME!!!!!!!!! And it is Sammy and not DLR.

Her454
03-24-2004, 01:31 PM
Have seen them with David Lee and Sammy and of course the best was with Sammy. Saw them right before they split in 96' and I'd jump at the chance to see them again! :) One of my all time favorites!
Someone refresh my memory on how the story goes when they originally asked Sammy to play with them...something about a cop and a speeding ticket...or am I losing my mind? I cant remember........

CA Stu
03-24-2004, 01:37 PM
I saw them at the Long Beach Arena on their "1980 Invasion" tour.
I would go see them with Sammy for sure, even though I like Sammy's solo stuff more than Van Hagar...
"Street Machine" is a great album, and "Red" has got to be one of the best rock anthems of all time ...
Jeezus I'm old :mad:
CA Stu
I am even cooler now than I was then.
:D

rivercrazy
03-24-2004, 01:39 PM
Heres some pretty solid evidence:
http://www.ticketvision.com/van_halen.html

welk2party
03-24-2004, 02:15 PM
I am in for the Vegas concert!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-24-2004, 02:25 PM
We saw Dave and Sammy about (gosh has it been two years?!) Dave was great but Sammy rocked!! Mike played with him and it was about the best show I've ever been to. Interesting to see who Eddie will pick. I'll be surprised if either one of them wants to work with that a$$hole again.

RUNFAST
03-24-2004, 03:15 PM
Saw em twice.....Once with Dave (old time coolness) and once with Sammy WHO KICKED F*#%'N ASS

NastyOne
03-24-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by dimarcobros
I have had a coupl eof beers with Michael Anthony, very cool guy. My buddy lives across the street from him.
DMB
He isnt the hunter guy with all the stuffed animals is he? Michael Anthony is my good friends uncle. We go over there for all his parties. We will probably go to a couple shows and do the whole "all acces pass" type deal. They are cool guys and make good music but I am not that into them.

HammerDown
03-24-2004, 04:01 PM
Sammys a good singer...But if you seen VH in the early 80's...it's all about Diamond Dave. Now thats VH;)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-24-2004, 04:02 PM
I think you're thinking of Ted Nugent regarding the hunting.

rivercrazy
03-24-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by HammerDown
Sammys a good singer...But if you seen VH in the early 80's...it's all about Diamond Dave. Now thats VH;)
I agree with you but he can't sing for crap these days!
I miss those good ole VH California Girls Videos with "Dave TV"!

NastyOne
03-24-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Sportin' Wood
I think you're thinking of Ted Nugent regarding the hunting.
I dont know if that was a joke but I was refering to dimarcobros buddy that live across the street. :confused:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-24-2004, 04:07 PM
Well, it wasn't a joke, but after re-reading your post, I got a good laugh at myself!!

HammerDown
03-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Remember that one song VH did with DLR...maybe back in 96? It got alot of air play...when everyone thought Dave was back in.
What ever that song was named...it was on fire!
He steped right back in the drivers seat.

rivercrazy
03-24-2004, 04:15 PM
There is 2 songs they recorded with DLR back in 96 and they are on the best hits release that year. All 3 of those are great songs....
Hell to me it would be great to hear Eddie cranking on guitar again. He is the best rock guitarist ever IMHO

dimarcobros
03-24-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by NastyOne
He isnt the hunter guy with all the stuffed animals is he? Michael Anthony is my good friends uncle. We go over there for all his parties. We will probably go to a couple shows and do the whole "all acces pass" type deal. They are cool guys and make good music but I am not that into them.
That is him, of you are a member of PETA you shouldn't step foot in their house. They have almost every animal you can hunt stuffed.
DMB

HighRoller
03-24-2004, 05:05 PM
Someone refresh my memory on how the story goes when they originally asked Sammy to play with them...something about a cop and a speeding ticket...or am I losing my mind? I cant remember
The guy in the very beginning of the video for "I can't drive 55" is Sammy's mechanic. He also happened to be Eddie VH's mechanic. Well, I guess Eddie came in one day to get his Ferrari fixed and was all bummed out. The mechanic guy, a little italian dude whose name I cannot remember, asked him what was wrong. Eddie told him the story about DLR and the band breaking up etc... Sammy was pretty much in no man's land with his music at the time, so the little dude gave Eddie Sammy's phone number and told him to call. They got together, jammed, and the rest is history. I'm so F%$kin stoked! We need to get a roadie goin to the Las Vegas concert for sure.

CA Stu
03-24-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
Hell to me it would be great to hear Eddie cranking on guitar again. He is the best rock guitarist ever IMHO
When I saw them in 1980, it was the night Eddie was named Guitar Player of the Year by Guitar Player Magazine....
I think that was the year after they named Moses Guitar Player of the Year:D :D :D
CA Stu

NastyOne
03-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by dimarcobros
That is him, of you are a member of PETA you shouldn't step foot in their house. They have almost every animal you can hunt stuffed.
DMB
LMAO... That guy is cool as hell! His lion is the shit. We went over there last Christmas. (Just took a tour of the house)

HavasuDreamin'
03-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Very cool I must say, will see them for sure. I am surprised though, because Sammy basically said their relationship ended with an FU and and FU too, I'll kick your f*ckin a** next time I see you. :eek!:
Just hope they make it near Indy now. :cool:

AzDon
03-24-2004, 06:21 PM
Mike Anthony went to my High School a couple of years ahead of me. I really didn't know him personally, but know his brothers Steve and Bob. I ran into Mike at an elementary school paper drive and open house in 91... his daughter had the same K-teacher as my daughter. He can also be spotted in the channel if you know where to look. I grew up listening to his bands Black Opal, Balls and Snake and went to virtually all the yard parties that VH played in the SGV in the early seventies. VH also produced some shows at the Pasadena civic auditorium before doing a 5 year stint at Gazarri's. I never saw them play after they got signed. IMO, Van Halen without Dave is a different product that isn't as good as the original, and I say that even knowing what an a-hole he is. I actually like Sammy better as a solo.

randy77zt
03-24-2004, 06:54 PM
will be at sammy's birthday party at cabo wabo in october.a nice place to stay for a week.

cc322
03-24-2004, 07:45 PM
Grew up in the sgv saw alot of pics of van halen in the early years. Use to go to the trubador in hollywood to see bands play stood next to david lee roth a few times what a dick saw michaeL anthony seemed cooL. As for Sammy imo loved Van Halen with Dave but love the shit out of them with SAMMY. SOLO OR WITH VAN HAGAR red rocker forever:D

schiada96
03-24-2004, 08:09 PM
I saw Eddie play at Trancas bar

jbtrailerjim
03-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Damn, that's awesome. I was just listening to an old Van Halen cd the other day and I said to myself........ Man I wish the'd get back together with Sammy. I've seen them a couple of times with Sammy but never got a chance to see them with DLR. There definitely one of my all time favorites.:cool:

HammerDown
03-24-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
I've seen them a couple of times with Sammy but never got a chance to see them with DLR. There definitely one of my all time favorites.:cool:
That is to bad...to have seen VH in the mid 80's with David Lee is too experience VH with the kind of energy and show that very few other acts even to this day have.
All due respects to the Red Rocker and "I can't drive 55"...but if you could have seen and herd...
*Running with the Devil
*Unchained
*Hot for teacher
*House of Pain
*Jamies Crying
*Cradle will rock
*Ice Cream Man
...With DLR on stage, you would understand.;)
Oh yea, the song I was refering to before was...( Me wise Magic). Classic VH... energy/feel/groove/style.

little rowe boat
03-24-2004, 10:53 PM
I grew up in the San Gagriel Valley and as a teenager saw Van Halen at backyard parties. Bring back David Lee Roth.

HOSS
03-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Glad to hear this. Sammy and Van Halen with Mike are probably the best rock group next to the Scorps.

Krazy K
03-24-2004, 11:55 PM
I got a chance to meet VH backstage in 1992 at the Forum in L.A. The show that was delayed because of the riots. I had won a contest that was sponsored by 100.3 Pirate Radio. (Remember them?)
I also won an autographed guitar signed by all of them. I had to sell the guitar about 4 years ago due to losing my job. Pic shows me and my mullet with my arm around Eddie.
Hope they come up this way!!!

Craig
03-25-2004, 05:49 AM
Saw them with Sammy when Vince Neil opened up for them. Good show. I regret that I never saw them with DLR. I'd definately go to Vegas for a show, anyone know the date ? :D

totenhosen
03-25-2004, 06:34 AM
If you go to Poobah records in Pasadena they have a bunch of old VH memrobilia on the walls. Like old concert flyers and some PHS yearbook photos.

totenhosen
03-25-2004, 06:35 AM
and yes Dave is a DICK!

rivercrazy
03-25-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by schiada96
I saw Eddie play at Trancas bar
Me too! Too bad that place turned into a country hang out. It used to be one cool hangout
:D

rivercrazy
03-25-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by HammerDown
*Unchained
That is one of the best VH songs of all time......I rarely don't crank that song up on just about every river trip! Along with SummerNights

Flying Tiger
03-25-2004, 09:07 AM
Van Halen sales with David let: 6.2 millon units.
Van Halen Sales with Sammy: 39.5 millon units.
I never miss Sammy when he plays at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas.
He usually does 2 gigs a year and it's about 35 bucks per show.
Most the Van Halen members are on stage with him, 'cept Eddie of course.
He does all his Van Halen stuff, then sings some David Lee stuff with his comment:
"I can sing David Lee Roths tunes, but he can't sing mine".
Sammy has a hell of a set of lungs, and his live stuff is every bit as good as his recordings.

Debbolas
03-25-2004, 09:28 AM
We saw Van Halen at Blockbuster with Sammy. Such an great concert. Just give me Eddie and his guitar. Don't care about his personal life, he is the best at writing and playing his music.
Are they coming closer to So Cal than Las Vegas?

Tremor Therapy
03-25-2004, 09:39 AM
Damn I knew there was a god! I saw them 3 times. Twice with DLR, and once with Sammy. They are basically 2 different bands. DLR and the early years brought some balls to the walls energy and just plain old hard rock and roll to the stage, Sammy brought a more musically oriented group on stage. I loved them both, and can't wait for the tour.
RC if you're planning a Vegas run for a Van Halen show....give me a call! There is nothing like Sammy's vocal's and Eddie's guitar.....it brings back memmories that kick ass!
Anyone remember Atomic Punk, Eruption, Running with Devil!
Damn I can't wait!

Craig
03-25-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Flying Tiger
Van Halen sales with David let: 6.2 millon units.
Van Halen Sales with Sammy: 39.5 millon units.
Where did you get your nmbers? Based on the Van Halen web site I got these numbers (US sales only though);
With David Lee Roth - 37.7 million
With Sammy Hagar - 20.5 million
With Gary Cherone - 549.000 :p

rivercrazy
03-25-2004, 10:38 AM
Sounds great TT. If we both go, lets hook up