PDA

View Full Version : Howard Regatta Update

SDLifesaver
03-24-2004, 01:34 PM
Due to lack of interest, the t shirts and hats are not going to work. If an interest changes soon, I will continue, if not, it is far to cost prohibitive. Nick Johnson

little rowe boat
03-24-2004, 10:34 PM
Sorry it didn't work out, thanks for all of your effort.

SDLifesaver
03-25-2004, 06:23 AM
Yeah, I am pretty disappointed myself. I have not heard back from Mike or Gene since I last talked to them 2 weeks ago. If anyone still wants to meet up that weekend let's do it because I am not going to let this bum out a trip to the lake. Close escrow on the house tomorrow.

BoatFloating
03-25-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by SDLifesaver
Yeah, I am pretty disappointed myself. I have not heard back from Mike or Gene since I last talked to them 2 weeks ago. If anyone still wants to meet up that weekend let's do it because I am not going to let this bum out a trip to the lake. Close escrow on the house tomorrow.
I'm going to see Mike today and I'll jump his shit for you! I'll report back Monday. I'm going to the Powerboat trails today.

OGShocker
03-25-2004, 07:47 AM
SDL,
Sorry to hear about that. To bad Gene does not understand anything about loyality to his customers. One of my best friends just rubbed the Howard Name off the side of his boat because he feels so strongly against Gene.
The good news is you are still putting the regatta together. That will be fun!
When is your next trip out?

little rowe boat
03-25-2004, 08:45 AM
Nick, the wife and I will be out at Havasu that weekend,so we will still meet up.
Gene = tight ass.
Deal with Mike whenever possible.

BADAXE
03-25-2004, 08:57 AM
We don't need no stinking tee-shirts! :D (although I did my part by ordering five shirts and four hats)
I hope we can still have an unofficial Howard owners get together because I've already made plans for Havasu that weekend.:D

BADAXE
03-25-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by OGShocker
SDL,
Sorry to hear about that. To bad Gene does not understand anything about loyality to his customers. One of my best friends just rubbed the Howard Name off the side of his boat because he feels so strongly against Gene.
The good news is you are still putting the regatta together. That will be fun!
When is your next trip out?
Dude, don't be hate'n.
I'd be upset like you if I owned a Dana instead of a Howard.
I really don't mind that Gene is not a party thrower. He is to busy building some of the best custom boats on the planet.

little rowe boat
03-25-2004, 09:12 AM
Gene is a salesman not a builder and will tell you whatever to sell you his product.He told me 10 yrs. ago when I purchased my Howard that a Regatta was in the works.All LIES.
Mike is the builder and obviously the R&D department for Howard.

roln 20s
03-25-2004, 09:45 AM
Last time I talked to Mike about it, he was a big supporter and plans to attend. But again, he just builds they boats, creates the new models, and Gene runs the finances.
Roln 20s

BADAXE
03-25-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by little rowe boat
Gene is a salesman not a builder and will tell you whatever to sell you his product.He told me 10 yrs. ago when I purchased my Howard that a Regatta was in the works.All LIES.
Mike is the builder and obviously the R&D department for Howard.
Look, I really don't want to argue with a fellow Howard owner. I was just responding to the "other brand" owner who doesn't have any valid reason for posting negatively in this thread.
That said, Lee at Schiada and Nick at Hallett aren't out in the shop putting boats together but like Gene I consider them great boat builders. I think Gene qualifies as a little more than a salesman, he owns the company! Mike is great (arguably the best)at what he does but its Gene (the owner) that allows him the platform to do it.
I'm sorry your so bitter about this regatta deal but I hear Commander throws a great regatta, something for you to consider.:D

OGShocker
03-25-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by BADAXE
Dude, don't be hate'n.
I'd be upset like you if I owned a Dana instead of a Howard.
I really don't mind that Gene is not a party thrower. He is to busy building some of the best custom boats on the planet.
FU!
I have NEVER capped on Howard the Boat. They are by far one of the nicest boats build period!
Gene on the other hand is a POS/IMO. I have know him since just out of High School. He has never been straight with me.
I will not comment on you or the bile that flows from your fingers.

little rowe boat
03-25-2004, 11:21 AM
Look, I really don't want to argue with a fellow Howard owner. I was just responding to the "other brand" owner who doesn't have any valid reason for posting negatively in this thread.
That said, Lee at Schiada and Nick at Hallett aren't out in the shop putting boats together but like Gene I consider them great boat builders. I think Gene qualifies as a little more than a salesman, he owns the company! Mike is great (arguably the best)at what he does but its Gene (the owner) that allows him the platform to do it.
I'm sorry your so bitter about this regatta deal but I hear Commander throws a great regatta, something for you to consider.:D
I'm not going to argue with a fellow Howard owner,fact is they build the best boat on the water and Mike is the best at what he does and the bitterness does not have a whole lot to do with the regatta,it's just one more thing to add to my whole experience and dealing with Gene.
I just call them as I see them.

Troubles No More
03-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Nick
Thanks for trying.
With or without a hat & shirt, I will be on the lake 6/24 – 6/26
I will cruise the channel looking for any Howards.
As someone from the boards said, We are here for a good time, not a long time.
See you on the water

SDLifesaver
03-25-2004, 01:00 PM
Glad you guys understand. I have already spent a few hundred dollars and I can't see loosing anymore. Anyone interested in meeting that weekend please come out. OGShocker, I dig your boat design and saw you out there a few weeks ago but did not know you so just admired the design. Jeff, you and the wife are welcome over to the house anytime and I look forward to meeting you guys. Once again, sorry for the bad news. Nick

little rowe boat
03-25-2004, 01:41 PM
Thanks Nick, we will definately see you out there the weekend of june 25th.

OGShocker
03-25-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by SDLifesaver
OGShocker, I dig your boat design and saw you out there a few weeks ago but did not know you so just admired the design. Nick
Thanks Nick.
We will be at the lake 4/16-18(boyztrip).........4/23-26. Please wave us down we would like to meet ya.

dr. margarita
05-13-2004, 12:40 PM
We don't need no stinking tee-shirts! :D (although I did my part by ordering five shirts and four hats)
I hope we can still have an unofficial Howard owners get together because I've already made plans for Havasu that weekend.:D
I'll be there no matter what along with my jug of margaritas!!!

BADAXE
05-14-2004, 08:59 AM
I'll be there also, I hope this thing hasn't died.
Dr. Marg, tell me what ingredients to bring and where to meet you.

little rowe boat
05-14-2004, 09:48 AM
I think it is still on,more of a get together rather than a regatta. I don't think Nick has been on the boards lately. Nick if you read this let us know whats up.The wife and I are still heading out to Havasu the weekend of 6/25.