PDA

View Full Version : Howard custom boat molds.

little rowe boat
03-24-2004, 10:31 PM
I heard a rumor,that Gene Willen the owner of Howard custom boats is selling all of his boat molds that are under 25'.

roln 20s
03-25-2004, 07:29 AM
When I talked to Mike or Gene, forgot who it was, they are getting rid of many of their molds. They are keeping the 22 Offshore though. Some of the older ones, they are selling, and if I am not mistaken, they are even going to sell the 22 sport mold. They want to clean house, and complete their entire line in the Willen style! Plus, they need a bigger shop as it is, so they might as well get rid of molds that they never use to make some more room.
Roln 20s

CustomCruiser
03-25-2004, 10:25 AM
This doesn't surprise me. I was at the shop last weekend and it was pretty much wall-to-wall Bullets. I'm kind of bummed that the Custom Cruiser line will come to an end, but on the other hand, maybe mine will become a collector's item. :D

roln 20s
03-25-2004, 10:41 AM
maybe mine will become a collector's item.
I think it already is: and the resale price of these proves it--spectra, schiada, howard..these old cruisers are bank :D
Keep it looking good, who knows what you can sell it for to get yourself a NEW Howard :)
Roln 20s

SDLifesaver
03-25-2004, 01:16 PM
There will be no new Howard for me. After we sell the one we have we are headed straight for a superchageable deck boat. Great boat, but we need more room.

Thunderbutt
03-27-2004, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by roln 20s
I think it already is: and the resale price of these proves it--spectra, schiada, howard..these old cruisers are bank :D
Keep it looking good, who knows what you can sell it for to get yourself a NEW Howard :)
Roln 20s
I have a 1972 Spectra that looks like it was made yesterday, and wouldn't want to guess how much$$$ I have in the boat. When I was going to sell it, I dought if I could get 15K for it. If I had it built today by Howard or Schiada or any other boat builder that pluged the Spectra it would cost 65 to 75K. So I'm going to clean it up, wrap it up, and put it the shop and give it to my Grandson in five years.

DeltaSigBoater
03-28-2004, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Thunderbutt
If I had it built today by Howard or Schiada or any other boat builder that pluged the Spectra it would cost 65 to 75K. So I'm going to clean it up, wrap it up, and put it the shop and give it to my Grandson in five years.
I know its not a howard, spectra or schiada, but i wish i had my grandpa's '73 Hallett Day Cruiser.

roln 20s
04-02-2004, 02:34 PM
I know its not a howard, spectra or schiada, but i wish i had my grandpa's '73 Hallett Day Cruiser.
I don't blame you at all--just start convincing now :D
Roln 20s

roln 20s
04-02-2004, 03:53 PM
Good thought RD- I just talked to him today, gonna ride in a couple of his boats on the 16th of april- I'll mention it to him too. You are definately on the right path for this- killer money. Think of how bad ass one of those would look with his Gels- truely amazing.
Roln 20s

DeltaSigBoater
04-02-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
I'm actually dieing to know who's going to pick up the Custom Cruiser Mold.. I've tried to talk John West into buying it several times, and I think he might actually do it. If he could sell that style of boat with a 496, for a little more then a stealth I think he'd make a killing on them. I'd be lined up to buy one tomorrow.
RD
RD... me thinks you might me on to something here!

dr. margarita
04-03-2004, 09:55 AM
gonna ride in a couple of his boats on the 16th of april
Roln 20s
Can I go on the ride??:D :D :D

roln 20s
04-03-2004, 10:19 AM
Can I go on the ride??
Of course- he will be more than happy to take another "***boater." He should have a Shadow cat (same at the LA Show) with a 496HO, his bad ass 28 Stealth and a couple 24 Stealths. Its gonna be a good time. Look forward to seeing you again.
Roln 20s

dr. margarita
04-03-2004, 01:02 PM
He should have a Shadow cat (same at the LA Show) with a 496HO
Roln 20s
Oh No!! Pure temptation...I love the 27 Shadow!!!! I'll bring my Depends!:cool: