PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Machine Shop

Hotcrusader76
03-25-2004, 01:16 AM
Check this out...A full blown machine shop for sale on Ebay. Looks to be quite a killer deal if you snow....What is snow by the way?:D
Machine Shop (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3805772055&category=11762)

78Eliminator
03-27-2004, 08:04 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like machine shops go bankrupt more often that farmers? Geez. Dropping like flies......

Blown 472
03-27-2004, 08:08 PM
It's that there great economy we are in, lots of people with tons of cash to burn.:rolleyes:

fourspeednup
03-27-2004, 08:14 PM
Funny you should mention that, a guy in Phoenix is moving his equipment to his house and converting the shop space. I talked to him for a while and he was just barely making enough to fund his racing prgram by doing the motors for a few others. Sounds like there's no money in it unless you're very busy:frown:

Fiat48
03-27-2004, 08:48 PM
As a sideline deal, where you can pick your customers and throw the rest out, then doing machine work is o.k. But when you have to work on everyones junk just to make the rent, then no.
The right equipment is expensive, overhead and the EPA make it not such a good deal.
I'd also imagine that non performance shops are suffering as engines run longer and less rebuilding going on. People just refi the house and get a new vehicle.

Infomaniac
03-27-2004, 08:56 PM
One reason why I choose to outsource my machine work.
It is a buyer's market. Especially around here.
Plus in order for an engine shop to have the investment of machines, facility and employees to run them. You have to be in the machine work business as well.

Hotcrusader76
03-28-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Infomaniac
One reason why I choose to outsource my machine work.
It is a buyer's market. Especially around here.
That's the absolute truth! Sourcing it out can often times be the more profitable option.