PDA

View Full Version : New To This

cadillac_smack
03-25-2004, 06:58 PM
hey....im new to boating kind of...i know a bit but me and my buddy are lookin to build a v-drive...allready picked the motor up its a 350 smallblock and we are rebuilding it right now..i think we are going with a hondo hull gunna repaint it and do new interior so im wondering if any of u know where we could get a old hondo hull...one with 2 front seats then a back bench...plus any advice or anything would be cool, thanks
Erik

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-25-2004, 07:01 PM
I don't know anything about boats (well at least what you want to know) but welcome aboard. there is someone here that can help you out so sit tight. they will come. :D

Mandelon
03-25-2004, 07:08 PM
Oh man, another Canadian????? :D Is the lake melted yet? :confused:

cadillac_smack
03-25-2004, 07:09 PM
hahaha naw man we barely get much snow here in the winter its rain...im on vancouver island its barely above the border....all the southern parts of the island actually dip below the border

mickeyfinn
03-25-2004, 07:15 PM
Okay:
1. small block 350 not the best thing for the V-drive.....If it is not too late go for the Big Block Power.
2. If you find a Hondo Hull you may get the 2 front seats but finding one with a bench back seat is going be another story. Most V-drives don't have it....Jets have back seats..with a few exceptions of course.

twistedpair
03-25-2004, 07:17 PM
Where in the hell are you gonna use a V-drive on the island?!?;) Isn't the Sooke kinda small?:D My Bro lives in Cobble Hill, I love the island! Way better than that POS on the mainland.
Oh yeah, try the V-drive forum, way more info than you need over there!

cadillac_smack
03-25-2004, 07:21 PM
i live in port alberni we have 2 pretty big lakes like one is 27miles long and another one is way bigger but its not just long it has 5 big fingers comin off so its good for boating...so what would u guys suggest for the hull...we want a back seat in it and how bad would the 350 be for a v-drive...would u suggest going for something else besides a v-drive

looky_lou
03-25-2004, 07:31 PM
Welcome to the board. I am almost to Canada.;)