PDA

View Full Version : Custom Trailer....

rvrpig
03-26-2004, 12:53 AM
Does any one know a good place to order Fenders, LED lights, Brake actuators, Disc brake assemblies....etc. It does not have to be all from the same company....looking to trick out and rebuild my trailer for the boat.

1stepcloser
03-26-2004, 07:28 AM
Try Extreme trailers (http://www.extremetrailers.com/) Thats their bag, baby....

rvrpig
03-26-2004, 09:58 AM
I looked at extreme but thought they only built them not sell parts also....
I was looking for parts....I like doing the building myself....Its just more fun that way....nay one agree?.......or disagree?

rvrpig
03-26-2004, 10:07 AM
I know it can be tedious....but I bought my boat from a family friend and it was in bad shape....Since i got it for $2000 I deceided I would rebuild it and make a nice boat out of it. I did everything except the new clear coat...(i did do the prep work though) and the tuck and roll. It was hard work but there is something to be said for being able to say I built it....so this is why Iam gunna try to tackel the trailer......new fender...led lights...and a swing-away tongue with new disk breaks and weld on actuator.....hopefully it will turn out good.

superdave013
03-26-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Extreme is where I ordered some parts from on my old trailer that I was building.. Little bit pricey, but it's a one stop shop as they can get you anything you need kinda deal.
As for building vs buying, for me it kinda depends on what it is.. After trying my hand at grinding welds on the last trailer, **** that.. I'll buy one before I ever try that shit again. LOL
RD
Dave, I just got a few cases of 4.5" grinding wheels in. Come on over :D I've never seen someone as whipped as you that day. :cool: