PDA

View Full Version : D&S Marine Interiors

78Eliminator
03-26-2004, 12:31 PM
I can't freaking believe it. D&S has had my boat for six months now. This was off a 2 week estimate. I am starting to get pissed. I have no idea where my boat is, if it's sitting in the weather (it has a brand new motor in it) or what the hell is going on. Nobody answers the phone, and when I do get someone, they either don't speak english or they just tell me "Two more weeks". Does anyone in here know anyone that can light a fire under their ass?
Justin

AquaBoogie
03-26-2004, 12:37 PM
Go down there and kick some ass!

Hermosa
03-26-2004, 12:38 PM
Have you not ready the many other posts about D&S? This should not be news to you, it's the way they do business. Go get your boat, and bring it somewhere else, or it will sit there all summer. They suck.

1stepcloser
03-26-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Hermosa
Have you not ready the many other posts about D&S? This should not be news to you, it's the way they do business. Go get your boat, and bring it somewhere else, or it will sit there all summer. They suck.
I agree.
This same scenario has played out here too many times. Ask HBJet....thats the last thread I remember.

Windy
03-26-2004, 12:45 PM
Justin...you took your boat to D&S after what HBjet went through?

AquaBoogie
03-26-2004, 12:49 PM
6 months is entirely too long. It takes less time to build boat. Maybe they sent your boat to the Bayliner factory so they can do a nice custom job for you.

78Eliminator
03-26-2004, 12:52 PM
I took it there, knowing it would take well over two weeks. But six months!!???

FryJet
03-26-2004, 12:53 PM
You have a PM Justin.
F.J.

78Eliminator
03-26-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by FryJet
You have a PM Justin.
F.J.
Back at cha!

HavasuDreamin'
03-26-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by MissHBjet
Justin...you took your boat to D&S after what HBjet went through?
That is what I was thinking. :confused: Why doesn't anybody use Stratton Marine Interiors? I have heard nothing but great things about their work (albiet pricy). But still I bet they would have had the boat back in a month or less.

Hermosa
03-26-2004, 01:01 PM
Dude, get on the phone and make some calls, there has to be someone who can get this done for you, it's almost summer. Call HackJob, Stitchcraft did a neat interior for him. Get your boat back this weekend, don't let them screw with you.

jbtrailerjim
03-26-2004, 01:02 PM
Is your boat at there El Cajon shop? If so, good luck. Since they do all of Ultra's boats I know there boats alway's take priority over everyone else's. They do awesome work but there service sucks!!! Six months is way too long. I feel for you man. That sucks. Maybe call down to Ultra and talk to Steve aka: RVRTOY on here. I bet he would go over there and check for you since there right next door to Ultra. (619)443-1100

rivercrazy
03-26-2004, 01:18 PM
Justin. I would just go down there and pick up your boat. After screwing with you this long they do not deserve a penny of your money.
I would recommend you give Dave's Customer Marine Interiors a call. You might even call up Barry at Shockwave and see if he can help you out. They do great interior work there

1stepcloser
03-26-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
Why doesn't anybody use Stratton Marine Interiors? I have heard nothing but great things about their work (albiet pricy).
I have had Stratton do a couple different versions for me over the past couple seasons, I have been very satisfied with the quality of their work.
Always done on time, and as far as being pricey? They are easy to deal with, and have been the lowest price quoted every time.
I recommend Stratton Marine to anyone who asks.

CustomCruiser
03-26-2004, 01:43 PM
D&S has had my boat for six months now. This was off a 2 week estimate.
Same thing happened to me about 4 years ago. My boat sat in their grungy, dusty shop for two months before I hitched it up, flipped Daniel the bird, and never looked back. I can't believe that place is still in business! :mad:

welk2party
03-26-2004, 02:09 PM
Of all the crap I have heard it is unbelievable how they are in business to this day.
Bro, 6 months?! What are you thinking. You should have had that thing outta there after 2 months. Go get that thing and take it to someone who cares about your business.:D

FryJet
03-26-2004, 03:01 PM
Here you go (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43078)
F.J.

Kilrtoy
03-26-2004, 05:12 PM
They are only in business thanks to ULTRA.
If they ever decided to go in house, Im sure they will fold right up.....
This is not a slam on ULTRA.

Dream Chaser
03-26-2004, 05:49 PM
Bump to get the whole story

little rowe boat
03-26-2004, 08:22 PM
I just got my boat back from Ross over at Designer Marine interiors in Corona,go get your boat and take it to DMI,they do great work and will store it inside.I left my boat with them on Feb.23 and got it back on mar. 23. D&S did the original interior on my boat and it looked decent ,but didn't hold up worth a shit.