PDA

View Full Version : Still stumped Camshaft

Thunderbutt
03-26-2004, 01:43 PM
I am still trying to chase down the profile of my Camshaft. I talked to Crane because I thought the name of Cam Dynamics was on the Cam, not so. It says Camonics then it shows CH3610d and #856S. Is there such a company of Camonics. The Guy working on the motor has never heard of them. Thanks

Infomaniac
03-26-2004, 04:24 PM
Plot the cam with a degree wheel. Will be faster than hunting down the mfg.

spectras only
03-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Jim, follow info's advice and degree the cam yourself. Cam dynamics were sold around here at the speedshops briefly, but for the life of me can't remember by whom [I'll ask around].I thought crane would of been help since they've been around for ages.

Thunderbutt
03-27-2004, 09:53 AM
Info& Spectrasonly. I know that the lift is .650, but aren't there other aspects of the profile that he should know about the cam, like the duration etc. When you guy's talk about Cam timing what do you mean.

Fiat48
03-27-2004, 05:10 PM
Do you know how to degree a camshaft? If not, go the gear head sticky thread and find a link that will show you how.
Same procedure except the length of degrees the lifter is .050 off it's seat is your total duration at .050. Do intake and exhaust both. Generally the exhaust will have more duration (total degrees the "valve" is off it's seat) than the intake.

Jim Brock
03-28-2004, 07:16 AM
Camonics are made here in No. Hollywood, calif, they are all the old profiles of Racer Brown cams, ED is the owner, they are on Vanowen st. Jim