PDA

View Full Version : Wild Bill's Machine Shop

Moneypitt
03-26-2004, 11:39 PM
So often here on this forum we read about the problems and disapointments associated with the product and service providers that we deal with. I would like to go the other way for a moment and relate the exceptional experience that Wild Bill's of Thousand Oaks consistantly provides. As some of you are aware, we experienced some major engine damage at the Nov. Parker race, Scraping the crank and the block. We didn't know the extent of the damage until just recently, and now, at the last minute we had to start regrouping for the 4-17 race at Parker. Last Sunday e ticket (Gary) picked up the replacement block from BHC, I took the block to Bill on Monday, only to find out that the desired set of pistons, (.030 427 type) wouldn't work with the block. So Tuesday morning we dropped off the .060 Ross pistons to have the bores matched to. That was Tuesday, times really tight and today when I called to see if the machine work would be done by Monday I was pleasantly surprised to learn he had already left a message at the house at 11:30 saying that it was ready. Now thats service!! He bored,(with torque plate) honed to desired clearance per piston, decked, relieved the lower exhaust side of the bores,verified align bores of the mains, hot tanked, cam bearinged, and freeze and galley pluged this motor. All in 3 actual working days!!! Don't get the wrong idea here, he's busy as hell, but the word RACE holds a lot of poop with this guy. The thrash to get this thing ready was accepted by him as the normal way that racers usually do things, and he rose to the occasion, as he always has in the past.. I really just wanted to publicly say thank you Bill, for a job well done, and to pass this info on to anyone else here thats looking for a reliable shop to have machine work done. I give Bill 5 stars...........Moneypitt/ Ray PS 89

Jim Brock
03-27-2004, 09:03 AM
He has done work for me,and i have been very pleased, Jim Brock, Cyclone speed & marine

Fiat48
03-27-2004, 09:12 AM
Be sure he gets a real nice framed pic of your boat racing and hang it on the wall for him. Guys like this a far and few between.

Moneypitt
03-27-2004, 07:38 PM
oh yes, he'll get picture, and a hat and t shirt........and we'll fly his stickers on the boat. And yes these kinda guys a hard to find......Moneypit

CrazyHippy
03-29-2004, 11:18 PM
Wild Bills is who the company i work for prefers doing buisness w/, And we are in Vegas:eek:
www.RenegadeHybrids.com
BJH

Hallett
03-30-2004, 03:48 AM
SOUNDS GOOD RAY LOOKS LIKE WE WILL SEE YOU AT THE PARKER RACE THAT IS GREAT SERVICE.

Fired Up
03-30-2004, 09:34 AM
Moneypitt,
You're right. Good news travels fast, bad news travels faster. When someone does right by you spread the word and it comes back to them. Glad to hear of a good local machine shop.
Fired Up