PDA

View Full Version : River Oasis Mobile Park

NautiTwins
03-30-2006, 08:28 AM
I am looking at a property in this park and was wondering if anyone had some opinons of the area. I know that is north of Mayflower and South of Lost Lake.
Thanks in advance.

hottrodder
03-30-2006, 11:12 AM
That property is South of Mayflower Park but North of Riviera.

NautiTwins
03-30-2006, 11:42 AM
That property is South of Mayflower Park but North of Riviera.
So it is not on the Lost Lake/Big River part of the river. That is what I needed to know.
Thanks

GunninGopher
03-30-2006, 07:35 PM
My family stayed at the Colorado River Oasis last January with our motorhome to check the park out. It is part of Western Horizons RV parks, but I think you can go there with RPI. It is in Ehrenberg (sp?) just north of 10 and across the river from Blythe. it is 11 miles down from diversion dam so you cannot boat to Lost Lake. The next damn down is in Yuma, so there is a lot of nice river down from the park. We didn't bring a boat on the trip.
The park was really clean
The isn't a store in the park but there is one just down the road.
There is a small pool but I wouldn't say there is much to do other than the river thing.
The ramp was nice and was on a side channel.
There are a couple of dirt beaches with grass
There is cable at each site
There appeared to be a year round area, but I don't know anything about it.
We may try it out again this summer when we can bring a boat and see how it is when there aren't a bunch of snowbirds around. We talked them out of giving us a sales pitch, which I appreciated. We told them we'd come back in October when we thought we'd have some money to sign up.

RiverRacer
03-30-2006, 09:33 PM
We were there for a couple days at the beginning of last October to check it out. It was an OK place EXCEPT for the fact that there is a HUGE Sand Bar right out past the boat launch in front and to the North. If you launch there, DON'T come out and make a right hand turn or you'll be hard aground. Go out and hug the opposite bank. Took 2 hours and 2 Jet Ski's to pull me off. YES,,, I WAS pissed. The Bar is still there. You can see it from the I-10 bridge clearly, but not when you're on top of it in the boat until it's WAY to late. RR